Gameslinx

I launched from Lua and now my ksc is permanently the lua ksc which has no functionality and i cant go to tracking station or ksc from the menu, on my other save there is no ksc.

edit: ok so a game restart fixed the problem

Edited by doodlemh

11 minutes ago, doodlemh said:

I launched from Lua and now my ksc is permanently the lua ksc which has no functionality and i cant go to tracking station or ksc from the menu, on my other save there is no ksc.

edit: ok so a game restart fixed the problem

Click on the runway / launchpad, click the KK logo, switch your launch site back to KSC and leave the editor. 

Apparently you can tell the game not to switch scene in the kk settings

13 hours ago, SUCC LORD said:

Mod looks amazing, but one thing that has happened to me ever since 1.6.1 is that when I plant a flag, most of the time my kerbal starts to spin and is no longer able to move. Does anyone else have this, or is it just me?

Not had this happen before. Where were you stood?

57 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Click on the runway / launchpad, click the KK logo, switch your launch site back to KSC and leave the editor. 

i tried to click on the runway/launchpad and do that but it didnt work

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

This happened anywhere. It happened on Lua, Armstrong, and on other planets. I don't know if it's my computer or not cuz I play on a mac.

19 minutes ago, doodlemh said:

are you planning on adding the surface science to your planets?

If you mean the DLC experiments, you will be able to collect science from the rocks without the DLC but I aim to support it if Kopernicus updates to allow that functionality

7 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

If you mean the DLC experiments, you will be able to collect science from the rocks without the DLC but I aim to support it if Kopernicus updates to allow that functionality

what seperates collecting science and supporting it? you mean supporting the rover arms?

Just now, doodlemh said:

what seperates collecting science and supporting it? you mean supporting the rover arms?

Without the DLC you only need to be next to the rock to get science from it. 

With the DLC you'll only be able to do this with the experiments provided by the DLC.

Both will be balanced and neither will be more effective than the other, it's just a case of not having to buy the DLC to get the extra science.

5 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Will there be surface features like crystal formations and shards in the latest DLC in this planet pack?

There already are surface features. No crystals yet, but a lot more surface features are coming in the next update. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 4:35 PM, Provisional Name 18 said:

This happened anywhere. It happened on Lua, Armstrong, and on other planets. I don't know if it's my computer or not cuz I play on a mac.

Just so everyone is aware before they read this, I was playing the 1.7.0 version of this mod.

Yea, nearly a month later and I found out that it's not my computer. I tried out the mod on my friend's computer (which is an MSI with a GTX 1040 Graphics Card), and I went to land at the Lua base, and when I went to plant the flag, the kerbal this time wasn't spinning, but still wasn't moving, so I tried to quicksave the game, exit and join back, but I literally couldn't click anything. Clicking the "space center" button on the top of the screen wouldn't' work, pressing escape and clicking "exit game" wouldn't work, and when I toke down the flag and went to plant another one, I consistently clicked the "plant flag" button, and the kerbal wouldn't place a flag, and the flag counter went into the negatives (don't know why this was implemented in the game).

TL;DR: Thought that mod was buggy because of my computer, but later found out that my computer wasn't causing the issue.

Edited by Provisional Name 18

3 hours ago, Provisional Name 18 said:

Just so everyone is aware before they read this, I was playing the 1.7.0 version of this mod.

Yea, nearly a month later and I found out that it's not my computer. I tried out the mod on my friend's computer (which is an MSI with a GTX 1040 Graphics Card), and I went to land at the Lua base, and when I went to plant the flag, the kerbal this time wasn't spinning, but still wasn't moving, so I tried to quicksave the game, exit and join back, but I literally couldn't click anything. Clicking the "space center" button on the top of the screen wouldn't' work, pressing escape and clicking "exit game" wouldn't work, and when I toke down the flag and went to plant another one, I consistently clicked the "plant flag" button, and the kerbal wouldn't place a flag, and the flag counter went into the negatives (don't know why this was implemented in the game).

TL;DR: Thought that mod was buggy because of my computer, but later found out that my computer wasn't causing the issue.

Install making less history if you're playing with making history, and that fixes this bug. Try updating Kerbal Konstructs too.

5 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Install making less history if you're playing with making history, and that fixes this bug. Try updating Kerbal Konstructs too.

Now that I think about it, I think I was downloading the 1.7.0.1 version of Kerbal Konstructs instead of 1.7.0.3, but I don't know if making less history would work because it said on SpaceDock that it would work on ksp 1.6.1

6 hours ago, Provisional Name 18 said:

Now that I think about it, I think I was downloading the 1.7.0.1 version of Kerbal Konstructs instead of 1.7.0.3, but I don't know if making less history would work because it said on SpaceDock that it would work on ksp 1.6.1

This actually worked, thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Provisional Name 18 said:

This actually worked, thank you so much!

I'm going to try and add a check using the Screamer plugin to detect MH and Making Less history, and if MLH is not installed it'll tell you

• 5 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Frag2000 said:

Hi guys,

I did not go thru all 16 pages, but is there any Delta-V map available for the planets and moons yet?

Wrong thread to ask this, use the release thread.

Use the Astrogator mod to give you a rough idea for transfer costs. There are tables of values on the Kopernicus discord but nothing official yet.

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

Wrong thread to ask this, use the release thread.

Use the Astrogator mod to give you a rough idea for transfer costs. There are tables of values on the Kopernicus discord but nothing official yet.

Yeah I just realized I was in the development thread. Sorry about that! Thanks for the recommendation! I will check it out!

• 1 month later...

Does this add to the kerbal system or replace it?

If it replaces it, would it be possible for me to extract these planets and put them in their own orbits further out from Eloo?  I love all the look of all these planetoids.

Just now, jpinard said:

Does this add to the kerbal system or replace it?

If it replaces it, would it be possible for me to extract these planets and put them in their own orbits further out from Eloo?  I love all the look of all these planetoids.

It replaces it. The Kerbol System is still sort of there, but it's a more scorched version. 

Yes it would be possible to extract most of the planets easily, except for Rhode. And the binary stars, if I'm not mistaken. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, I've recently gotten into this mod and it's quite nice!

Except I have just one small problem.. Not all Solar Panels are working with the new celestial bodies. (I have tried running the Near Future pack on it's own before applying Beyond Home and it all worked fine!)
I've tried disabling all mods I could think of related to electricity and solar, but didn't change anything. The solar panels just report 0.0 exposure in direct sunlight.

Here's a list of the mods I'm running on KSP 1.7.3
- B9PartSwitch
- BeyondHome
- CommunityCategoryKit
- CommunityResourcePack
- CommunityTechTree
- CustomPreLaunchChecks
- DeployableEngines
- DynamicBatteryStorage (NearFutureElectrical)
- EVE
- HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
- KAS
- KerbalKonstructs
- KIS
- Kopernicus
- MakingLessHistory
- ModularFlightIntegrator
- NearFutureConstruction
- NearFutureElectricalCore
- NearFutureLaunchVehicles
- NearFutureProps
- NearFuturePropulsion
- NearFutureSolar
- NearFutureSolarCore
- NearFutureSpacecraft
- Scatterer
- Sigma
- ModuleManager 4.0.3

13 minutes ago, Charis said:

So, I've recently gotten into this mod and it's quite nice!

Except I have just one small problem.. Not all Solar Panels are working with the new celestial bodies. (I have tried running the Near Future pack on it's own before applying Beyond Home and it all worked fine!)
I've tried disabling all mods I could think of related to electricity and solar, but didn't change anything. The solar panels just report 0.0 exposure in direct sunlight.

Here's a list of the mods I'm running on KSP 1.7.3
- B9PartSwitch
- BeyondHome
- CommunityCategoryKit
- CommunityResourcePack
- CommunityTechTree
- CustomPreLaunchChecks
- DeployableEngines
- DynamicBatteryStorage (NearFutureElectrical)
- EVE
- HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
- KAS
- KerbalKonstructs
- KIS
- Kopernicus
- MakingLessHistory
- ModularFlightIntegrator
- NearFutureConstruction
- NearFutureElectricalCore
- NearFutureLaunchVehicles
- NearFutureProps
- NearFuturePropulsion
- NearFutureSolar
- NearFutureSolarCore
- NearFutureSpacecraft
- Scatterer
- Sigma
- ModuleManager 4.0.3

^ What Sigma said directly above this response. Send me your KSP.log and i'll take a look anyway :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.