Gameslinx

10 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

The planet itself won't have any green colouration from orbit, but yes there will be some trees around the lakes and some cacti, assuming those are in the stock game.

Cacti are in stock.

The preview planet looks a bit like Titan. Awesome!!!

Could you please make some parts of the planet have similar patterns as the "Magic Asteroids" and have it be the actual source of them. (Plus it would be cool to have a massive resource cache in there)

Edited by Rover6428

Concept Idea: a habitable world in the habitable zone of a star, but it is completely barren and covered in craters and has no resources at all. If you can, put some ruin-like objects on it.

The idea is that this planet once had life on it, but it destroyed itself in a nuclear war caused by the lack of resources

PS: an Easter-egg idea: put an alienated statue of libery's ruins on it (like in the planet of the apes)

24 minutes ago, Rover6428 said:

Concept Idea: a habitable world in the habitable zone of a star, but it is completely barren and covered in craters and has no resources at all. If you can, put some ruin-like objects on it.

The idea is that this planet once had life on it, but it destroyed itself in a nuclear war caused by the lack of resources

See Volux from GPO, as GPD said. I also probably won't be taking many ideas, since the system is being laid out how I envision it, but rest assured there is a wide variety of planets and asteroids to explore

1 hour ago, Rover 6428 said:

how do you name planets, and come up with the story for them?

Planet names just pop into my head, usually based off what they look like. I come up with the story as I go, but most of the time it's prior to creating the mod so that I have something to go off

PJ4wxgy.jpg

I've ironed out the terrain and colouring of the planet. I hope the visuals don't completely drown out the planet itself - that's something I'm also working on.

But I've finally drastically improved the performance of the planets' surfaces by creating my own terrain textures using the correct format.

4 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

PJ4wxgy.jpg

I've ironed out the terrain and colouring of the planet. I hope the visuals don't completely drown out the planet itself - that's something I'm also working on.

But I've finally drastically improved the performance of the planets' surfaces by creating my own terrain textures using the correct format.

Beautiful!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.