Gameslinx

1 hour ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Will there be any ridicioulusly colorful planets? I hope there will not.

Like, two? Not everything is gonna be bland :P

5 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

I think the plane needs cool down!

Nah the lighting just wasn't right in that pic. It's been fixed now.

As you know,noobs(like me) would want this awesome planet pack.

In stock KSP,i can get to Minmus easily becuz it has very low gravity.After Minmus,my route is Mun-Ike-Duna-Gilly.But i am wondering...Are the Rhode's moons are easy for a scientific trip? Or the nearest planet;is it Duna like or easy to trip?

Thanks.

Edited by Eaten by Black Hole

44 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

In stock KSP,i can get to Minmus easily becuz it has very low gravity.After Minmus,my route is Mun-Ike-Duna-Gilly.But i am wondering...Are the Rhode's moons are easy for a scientific trip? Or the nearest planet;is it Duna like or easy to trip?

Rhode's primary moon "Lua" is quite similar to the Mun is stock KSP, except it orbits a bit closer and has a thin atmosphere.

Rhode's secondary moon "Armstrong" is intended to be a small asteroid moon. Although easy to land on, science yields are lower.

Rhode's tertiary moon (yes, three moons) "Ash" is another heavier moon like Lua but has lava lakes and huge mountain ranges. It's the most challenging moon to land on safely, and so it yields the most science.

For a price of ~10,000,000 you can open up the new VAB and SPH facilities on Lua. Note - there WILL be constraints on the vessels you can launch here in terms of mass, part count and size, but for smaller craft launching from the moon is very beneficial for short term science missions and comm networks. Larger vessels are restricted to Rhode to be launched.

Dt8oZPs.png

3 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Rhode's primary moon "Lua" is quite similar to the Mun is stock KSP, except it orbits a bit closer and has a thin atmosphere.

Rhode's secondary moon "Armstrong" is intended to be a small asteroid moon. Although easy to land on, science yields are lower.

Rhode's tertiary moon (yes, three moons) "Ash" is another heavier moon like Lua but has lava lakes and huge mountain ranges. It's the most challenging moon to land on safely, and so it yields the most science.

For a price of ~10,000,000 you can open up the new VAB and SPH facilities on Lua. Note - there WILL be constraints on the vessels you can launch here in terms of mass, part count and size, but for smaller craft launching from the moon is very beneficial for short term science missions and comm networks. Larger vessels are restricted to Rhode to be launched.

Dt8oZPs.png

Last question;what about nearest planets?

9 minutes ago, H4ckerxx44 said:

This is a planet pack that i really wanna play, i always like custom planet pack but i never was hyped for one... I guess that has changed now :D

cant wait for it!

I'm glad you're hyped for it! I'm as hyped for the release as you are!

I still don't have a definitive date - it hasn't gone through testing yet and I'm still building the last few planets in the Kerbol system. But on the planets I have made, I've already performed the initial 3 passes (Terrain, colouring, normals + mesh) and when every planet has gotten to that stage I'll start on the fourth pass which is biomes and resources which shouldn't take too long.

After that it's a case of adding Easter eggs and facilities which I've already begun to do with the launch site on Lua which you can see in the above replies. The cost to open the Lua space centre is quite expensive and there are limits to the sizes and masses of the crafts you can launch from there however I intend to balance that space centre with the Rhode one. This means you can construct space station parts on Lua and assemble them without the expensive lifters. Another benefit is that Lua is tidally locked and also orbits in a geosynchronous orbit, meaning that sending crafts, shuttles or Kerbals back to Rhode's surface is incredibly easy - you can eyeball it just by taking off down Lua's runway and aiming just below where Rhode hangs in the sky.

I got a little off topic here but I'm sure nobody rallty minds!

3 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

I'm actually working on building a whole new computer myself.

in february or march i will get my new pc too, building it myself obviously :D I'm interested in the performance boost i will get, from fx-8320 to ryzen 7 3700x, finally heavily modded ksp in 60fps i hope

25 minutes ago, H4ckerxx44 said:

in february or march i will get my new pc too, building it myself obviously :D I'm interested in the performance boost i will get, from fx-8320 to ryzen 7 3700x, finally heavily modded ksp in 60fps i hope

I hear it's meant to be comparable to the i9 9900k which is what I have. Since my CPU is overclocked, I imagine it performs roughly the same as the 3700x will (granted that Intel has a history of higher IPC than AMD as of late, and hopefully that gap hopefully closes with the 3700x, we would expect similar performance)

For reference on my i9 9900k running at 5.0GHz across all cores, I get ~20-25 FPS using EVE, Scatterer and Beyond Home using a 1000 part craft, autostruts included. (Further example on the video I recently posted on my YouTube channel where I landed an SSTO on Lua and didn't even  notice that there was a 510 part craft parked next to it. You should be able to see very similar performance on the 3700x (depending on instructions per clock). Since KSP only uses 1 core (and no, multiple crafts are not utilising multiple threads - this is a myth) the speed and IPC play a huge part in what sort of performance you will get.

So, if AMD's new CPU has 15% more instructions per clock which is what I've read, it will be a lot closer to the i9 9900k IPC. So, I'd expect to see similar performance, if not slightly better. But again, it depends on IPC since both CPUs operate at 5GHz.

I'm sure it will do you well!

Edited by Gameslinx

3 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I hear it's meant to be comparable to the i9 9900k which is what I have. Since my CPU is overclocked, I imagine it performs roughly the same as the 3700x will (granted that Intel has a history of higher IPC than AMD as of late, and hopefully that gap hopefully closes with the 3700x, we would expect similar performance)

For reference on my i9 9900k running at 5.0GHz across all cores, I get ~20-25 FPS using EVE, Scatterer and Beyond Home using a 1000 part craft, autostruts included. (Further example on the video I recently posted on my YouTube channel where I landed an SSTO on Lua and didn't even  notice that there was a 510 part craft parked next to it. You should be able to see very similar performance on the 3700x (depending on instructions per clock). Since KSP only uses 1 core (and no, multiple crafts are not utilising multiple threads - this is a myth) the speed and IPC play a huge part in what sort of performance you will get.

So, if AMD's new CPU has 15% more instructions per clock which is what I've read, it will be a lot closer to the i9 9900k IPC. So, I'd expect to see similar performance, if not slightly better. But again, it depends on IPC since both CPUs operate at 5GHz.

I'm sure it will do you well!

Oh well that is a hell of performance, at the moment i get around 20fps with a 25-30 parts upper stage around a modded planet. 

by the way, if you need a tester for this planet pack fell free to let me test it if it's needed :D

On 1/6/2019 at 10:50 AM, Gameslinx said:

For a price of ~10,000,000 you can open up the new VAB and SPH facilities on Lua.

Wait, (sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop) did you say that we can launch from other planets now? Did SQUAD add this to the game or is it a mod?

Edited by daniel l.

1 hour ago, daniel l. said:

Wait, (sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop) did you say that we can launch from other planets now? Did SQUAD add this to the game or is it a mod?

I'm using Kerbal Konstructs and just built a new KSC on the moon :P

6 hours ago, iliketrains0pwned said:

Do you have any plans to add in an eyeball Earth planet? It seems like it would be a really awesome challenge to try and land, and it could have some of the best views in the system from the habitable strip.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kv

That's cool! I could design Eeloo like that. I don't like the way it looks at the moment so giving it some more life like that would really help. I'll see what I can do to it

9 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

That's cool! I could design Eeloo like that. I don't like the way it looks at the moment so giving it some more life like that would really help. I'll see what I can do to it

Tidally locked maybe? Ice/Eelooish style on the Dark side, a small habitable belt on the half dark half bright side and deadly hot on the sun side? I would love this

Just now, H4ckerxx44 said:

Tidally locked maybe? Ice/Eelooish style on the Dark side, a small habitable belt on the half dark half bright side and deadly hot on the sun side? I would love this

This is how I did Solitude in After Kerbin, and developing and improving upon the idea like the one there would be amazing. Like a kerbal hideout on Eeloo.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.