Gameslinx

I've decided that I very much like the idea of two binary stars at the heart of the new system. This won't need any extra mods like sigma dimensions - it's built into Kopernicus. The physics will work almost the same as just having one star, except you'll orbit a barycentre rather than the star directly. With that said, you will be able to orbit one of the stars if you get close enough, but you'll probably overheat before then.

unknown.png

xYAz63s.jpg

I'm so sold on this I want it this will be my Christmas present.

But the timeline conflicts with my planet pack CPPO(Which will be remastered as no copyright).I have to work around that......

I really hope this could release sooner like around next 2 weeks or so?Like if u agree or Hate me if I am being stupid.

Edited by Vanamonde

34 minutes ago, Cyrus Playz said:

I really hope this could release sooner like around next 2 weeks or so?Like if u agree or Hate me if I am being stupid.

It'll be released when it's released. 

35 minutes ago, Cyrus Playz said:

But the timeline conflicts with my planet pack CPPO(Which will be remastered as no copyright).I have to work around that.

Beyond Home is based off the timeline that Before Kerbin, Stock and After Kerbin all follow. It is a continuation that takes place after After Kerbin.

4 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

It'll be released when it's released. 

Beyond Home is based off the timeline that Before Kerbin, Stock and After Kerbin all follow. It is a continuation that takes place after After Kerbin.

But will it be a reasonable amount of time since AK? Because After Kerbin is based whole 5 BILLION YEARS after stock!!! I think that is a little bit too much time. I think that Beyond Home (I think it would be better as "Beyond Kerbol") would be better of a couple thousand years at max in the future

13 minutes ago, Rover6428 said:

But will it be a reasonable amount of time since AK? Because After Kerbin is based whole 5 BILLION YEARS after stock!!! I think that is a little bit too much time. I think that Beyond Home (I think it would be better as "Beyond Kerbol") would be better of a couple thousand years at max in the future

Red Giants, or our sun in 5 billion years, will typically spend 1-2 billion years in its red giant phase. Kerbals in AfK probably had quite a lot of time (millions of years) to prepare a voyage beyond home (pun definitely not intended)

The actual voyage to the target system would take some time in itself, but the Kerbals would spend the majority of it on Duna until it got too hot.

Just now, Gameslinx said:

Red Giants, or our sun in 5 billion years, will typically spend 1-2 billion years in its red giant phase. Kerbals in AfK probably had quite a lot of time (millions of years) to prepare a voyage beyond home (pun definitely not intended)

The actual voyage to the target system would take some time in itself, but the Kerbals would spend the majority of it on Duna until it got too hot.

I understand your point, but in 5 billion years our sun would be in its final stage of the Red Giant. This means that A: it will expand like h*ck, swallowing most of the solar system. B: none of the planets will be habitable (maybe the outer planets but that's not the point). What we see in AfK is that the Circumstellar habitable zone around Archangel moved just a little bit, (Otherwise Solitude would not be habitable and we would have to start on Laythe or Eeloo. Considering these points, I would say that the best time for AfK to be is about 1 billion years max. (This is the approximate time for when Earth would no longer be habitable as the sun would become too hot

16 minutes ago, Rover6428 said:

I understand your point, but in 5 billion years our sun would be in its final stage of the Red Giant. This means that A: it will expand like h*ck, swallowing most of the solar system. B: none of the planets will be habitable (maybe the outer planets but that's not the point). What we see in AfK is that the Circumstellar habitable zone around Archangel moved just a little bit, (Otherwise Solitude would not be habitable and we would have to start on Laythe or Eeloo. Considering these points, I would say that the best time for AfK to be is about 1 billion years max. (This is the approximate time for when Earth would no longer be habitable as the sun would become too hot

I think it's a suitable amount of time as I have it now

13 hours ago, WhiteMorganFreeman said:

I'm sorry if I'm the only one experiencing this, but it just crashes for me.

if you can set up a simple system to reproduce the issue I will take a look

possibly stock ksp + sigmabinary + the duna-ike example

For biomes, I'm thinking of following a difficulty curve.

For example, the further from Rhode you are, the more science you get. The more difficult the planet to land on, the more science you get. If you land in an ocean, you get the least science. If you land on a mountain, you'll get the most science. This encourages new gameplay styles and rewards you for putting more effort into safety and landing, but gives you the option to take the easy route as well.

40 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

For biomes, I'm thinking of following a difficulty curve.

For example, the further from Rhode you are, the more science you get. The more difficult the planet to land on, the more science you get. If you land in an ocean, you get the least science. If you land on a mountain, you'll get the most science. This encourages new gameplay styles and rewards you for putting more effort into safety and landing, but gives you the option to take the easy route as well.

Talking about hard stuff: can you make a body with a very hostile environment, but it maybe hosts the most gorgeous site in the star system?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.