[1.10.1] Duna Direct

bcink

20 hours ago, bcink said:

Thanks! Sorry, but I hadn't worked on any configuration or compatibility with B9. It seems to be popular enough to warrant investigating, but this would need to wait until an update is required or worked on unfortunately

19 hours ago, JH4C said:

The error B9 throws up would be very useful to see; they're pretty good at explaining what's gone wrong. However as B9 isn't any kind of dependency for this mod, it's likely to be some other add-on that's causing this.

I would like to paste here screenshot w. error, but so far couldn't figure out how, sorry, not really up to date in this forum engine. let me know, I can email it

47 minutes ago, elGremlin said:

I would like to paste here screenshot w. error, but so far couldn't figure out how, sorry, not really up to date in this forum engine.

Instructions for "how to post a screenshot" in spoiler section:

Spoiler
  1. Take a screenshot in-game (just press F1).  It will save the image to the "Screenshots" folder of your KSP install.
  2. Upload the screenshot to imgur.com.  (Or could be some other site, doesn't have to be imgur.  I only suggest it because that's what most people do, probably because it's super simple to use and doesn't require making an account; you can post there with a simple drag/drop.)
  3. Once it's uploaded, right-click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location".  Important, you want the URL of the image itself, not the URL of the page.
  4. Paste that URL into your forum post and it will be automagically converted into an in-line image.

;)

1 hour ago, Spaceception said:

That didn't take much time at all. Congrats!

Thank you!! :D

54 minutes ago, elGremlin said:

I would like to paste here screenshot w. error, but so far couldn't figure out how, sorry, not really up to date in this forum engine. let me know, I can email it

Hello, please check this post to see if this is related: 

19 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Congrats on release! Excellent quality.

Thank you!!

19 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

I love it!

Thank you! 

19 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

That's a sexy looking parts pack! TY!

23 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

Beautiful! I can't believe that a quick PM suggestion has turned into a full mod. Pretty cool!

Thank you! Good stuff indeed!

On 11/5/2018 at 8:41 PM, bcink said:

Should get to CKAN assuming Spacedock's add to CKAN option is still working. I don't see it there yet but suspect it will be ok.

And thank you everyone!

maybe it takes few days to index it, I can see your other mods but not this one 

Edited by Sim1
missing quote

44 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Drakenex thank you, now we need what's missing in this mod :D

At least a long rope.

Lots of requests for the rover and the hab and a tether..... O_O  Still wondering how we could get the tether aspect to work out properly...

I won't commit to it yet but all those things would make for a nice "xpac"

1 hour ago, bcink said:

Lots of requests for the rover and the hab and a tether..... O_O  Still wondering how we could get the tether aspect to work out properly...

Tether? Pffft. KAS has you covered, bro. You don't even really need to add any parts for it: the "stock" parts that come with KAS can handle it just fine.

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

Well, the "real" Mars Direct does not have the astronauts to leave and fiddle the rope into the coupling.

And, historically, KAS has allowed you to directly attach parts to a winch. The present version doesn't allow that, true, but iirc, that's a feature being added soon.

Besides, what's a little radiation? I mean, if you're that afraid of death or cancer, might as well stay on Kerbin. ;)

On 11/6/2018 at 2:16 PM, Danilo Coelho said:

Has anyone tried this beauty on 1.4.5?

I did. It works fine, except that I discovered that the command pod's model (and IVA) are rotated +/-90 deg and disorients me. Maybe it's file corruption on my end, or maybe this is indeed a thing to watch out for in KSP 1.4.

See here with the navball. The ship's orientation is "up" relative to the ecliptic but the windows are oriented radial/sideways. They should be facing normal/ "up" too.

hioPoiq.jpg

I also changed the engines over to use ModuleEnginexFX (and therefore, better plumes) but the stage 1 engines have a scaling problem and causes plumes to be gigantic.

GBwEvRx.jpg

I also personally lowered the heat tolerance on the parts from 7000K to 3200K, near the upper limit on fairings heat tolerance. (Fun fact, 5800K is the surface of the Sun)

On 11/8/2018 at 3:28 AM, bcink said:

Well, thats what happens when you make quality mods eh

On 11/10/2018 at 9:38 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

I did. It works fine, except that I discovered that the command pod's model (and IVA) are rotated +/-90 deg and disorients me. Maybe it's file corruption on my end, or maybe this is indeed a thing to watch out for in KSP 1.4.

See here with the navball. The ship's orientation is "up" relative to the ecliptic but the windows are oriented radial/sideways. They should be facing normal/ "up" too.

The ship always launches perfectly for me the first time, but when I reload to launch to let mechjeb get a better handle on ascent guidance the 90* rotation.

27 minutes ago, thescaryone said:

The ship always launches perfectly for me the first time, but when I reload to launch to let mechjeb get a better handle on ascent guidance the 90* rotation.

Thank you for clarifying. I started noticing this as well. This is most definitely a bug. The model is rotated 90 in Unity to correct this, but it appears to break per reload evidently as you have described. I'll be removing the 90 rotation and adjusting the original model in the next update - which I will just go ahead and confirm is happening - and it's going to be a big one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.