[1.10.1] Duna Direct

bcink

2 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Will it break if one uses Restock and Restock+ mods alongside?

in short does your mod use stock textures?

I can very confidently say "No" to that.

5 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

Sandbag integration in Kerbalism:

I can very confidently say "Yes!" to that.

Spoiler

Aha! See what I did there?

4 minutes ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

hi

ckan upload is corrupt pls look into

oh yeah, @bcink I forgot to post about this earlier today... :P

Its not CKAN... the release package on SpaceDock seems to have a little folder structure SNAFU...
it has MarsDirect/GameData/MarsDirect/, instead of just GameData/MarsDirect/

Just need to move the folder for manual install... CKAN peeps are hurtin, as trying to install this, CKAN completely locks up, and only way to close it was by ending CKAN's task thru Task Manager :P

im doing a 100% ckan install to avoid errors so nope

unfortunately after recent CKAN mod updates most mods are no longer loading properly anyway so nothing i do seems to be able to solve stupid mod failures

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

4 minutes ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

im doing a 100% ckan install to avoid errors so nope

18 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

oh yeah, @bcink I forgot to post about this earlier today... :P

It has been a struggle for some reason... 
I just uploaded another zip and it opens and there is a GameData folder and a MarsDirect folder inside of it.
I guess that should fix it.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2019 at 3:40 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@caipi I made it not as MM patches as I intend at the end for @bcink to receive the (integrated) config updates and release them. Here's a Download Direct (baddum tish) link for the first preview. Unzip and overwrite the MarsDirect folder in your GameData. Nothing except .cfg's (and the MH stuff) are in it. The Readme.txt includes my changelog and to-do.

Sorry @JadeOfMaar to bother you yet again with this mod! I just found a small 'issue' in that config update. In the file \MarsDirect\HabEngines\MD-HabEngines.cfg (Hellas Engines) you defined the atmosphere curve as follows:

Spoiler

atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 395 -200 -360
            key = 1 155
            key = 4 0 0 0
        }

The first value at key = 4 shouldn't be 0 though (the red highlighted one). It would be better if it were 0.001. Because if you use  KerbalEngineer and you choose the Body: Eve, then the following error message will start spamming:

Spoiler

[LOG 12:49:35.003] RCS exceeded loop count
[LOG 12:49:35.003] stageStartMass = NaN
[LOG 12:49:35.003] burnTime = Infinity
[LOG 12:49:35.003] StepEndMass   = NaN

Might be interesting for @bcink as well in case you're integrating Jade's config update.

1 hour ago, caipi said:

The first value at key = 4 shouldn't be 0 though (the red highlighted one). It would be better if it were 0.001. Because if you use  KerbalEngineer and you choose the Body: Eve, then the following error message will start spamming:

Crap. Div/Zero. Thanks for noticing! I updated the zip at the download link.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 1 month later...

It looks great, but when I switch to launch, everything above the heat shield pops off. It jumps into the air and crashes on the landing pad. I also have only three stages. When I remove the heat shield I can launch it, but that defeats the purpose.

I checked everything multiple times and watched the video, to make sure I assembled it correctly.

Edit: and it breaks MechJeb. Autowarp doesn't work anymore, and nodes aren't executed. That makes it unusable. Too bad.

Edited by SymbolicFrank

12 hours ago, SymbolicFrank said:

It looks great, but when I switch to launch, everything above the heat shield pops off. It jumps into the air and crashes on the landing pad. I also have only three stages. When I remove the heat shield I can launch it, but that defeats the purpose.

I checked everything multiple times and watched the video, to make sure I assembled it correctly.

Edit: and it breaks MechJeb. Autowarp doesn't work anymore, and nodes aren't executed. That makes it unusable. Too bad.

Providing Log files, Save Files and Craft files could possibly help solve these issues: 

On 3/11/2020 at 2:24 PM, SymbolicFrank said:

Going to need more to go on than that. Something is obviously not right. Screenshots / craft file or something would help.

On 3/12/2020 at 3:20 AM, aceman67 said:

Providing Log files, Save Files and Craft files could possibly help solve these issues: 

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Wanted to say thanks for this great mod!

Only problem I have is that engines have no sound at all when firing (new or old save - does not matter)! 

Using KSP 1.9.1 (x64, DX11). Also Restock and Restock+ with Kerbalism and bunch of other mods.

Here is link to my log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zd7SWLkI-7GHzj2G9YkvnrDyHicbvW8y/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Selphadur said:

Can't seem to load game after 1.10 update. Stuck at loading MD-HeatShield-V2 I believe, or something like that.

Anyone could recompile mod for 1.10 pretty please? :D

Can you please wait? Modders need some time to update mods.

5 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Can you please wait? Modders need some time to update mods.

Of course I can. I just notified about incompatibility! 

Also this mod have been waiting for update since 1.8x, so I don't know what the problem asking.

You can say it runs on well on 1.8x-1.9x, but it is simply untrue. Engines already had no sound in 1.9.1.

12 minutes ago, Selphadur said:

Of course I can. I just notified about incompatibility! 

Also this mod have been waiting for update since 1.8x, so I don't know what the problem asking.

You can say it runs on well on 1.8x-1.9x, but it is simply untrue. Engines already had no sound in 1.9.1.

Then reinstall KSP. I tested it in 1.8.x and 1.9.x and it works well.

Edited by Cheesecake

Already did like 10 times. You know not all people play with 2 or 3 mods. Some people may have couple of hundred. That is why I already provided log and etc with sound issue.

So actually, in practical and realistic way, your attitude does not help whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Selphadur said:

Already did like 10 times. You know not all people play with 2 or 3 mods. Some people may have couple of hundred. That is why I already provided log and etc with sound issue.

So actually, in practical and realistic way, your attitude does not help whatsoever.

Then it might help to isolate the interaction, and let all the mod authors involved know.

The mod author typically wants it to work for them, and offers it to the community in case they want it as well.  If you're having an issue and the mod author isn't, the more help you can give the author towards solving the issue, the more likely it'll get fixed.

2 minutes ago, DStaal said:
9 minutes ago, Selphadur said:

Then it might help to isolate the interaction, and let all the mod authors involved know.

The mod author typically wants it to work for them, and offers it to the community in case they want it as well.  If you're having an issue and the mod author isn't, the more help you can give the author towards solving the issue, the more likely it'll get fixed.

I understand that. I actually wrote in WIP thread by mistake first 

with Jacke replying to it. It seems original author is absent from that thread for more than a year. That is why I asked if someone was willing to recompile this mod for 1.10.

With people telling don't ask for update, don't post issue, reinstall KSP and etc. it really destroys any willingness to report problem, to help as you can to test it and etc.

19 minutes ago, Selphadur said:

First thing is: new install with only the mod which isn`t working, Duna Direct in your case. I have 80-100 mods running in my game and everything is working, including Duna Direct.

@bcinkis still active here. Last visited on May 4.

Edited by Cheesecake

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:
16 minutes ago, Selphadur said:

First thing is: new install with only the mod which isn`t working, KNES in your case. I have 80-100 mods running in my game and everything is working, including KNES.

@bcinkis still active here. Last visited on May 4.

I do not use KNES and never had :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.