[1.12.3] Rocket Sound Enhancement - Plugin: v0.9.6 - 07/09/22 | Config Pack: v1.2.4 - 07/09/22

ensou04

Hey. I've got an error from ModuleManager. Turns out some of the decouplers (SSTU) have ModuleDecouple with explosiveForce parameter instead of ejectionForce. When I changed this line in "RocketSoundEnhancementDefault\Configs\GlobalPatches.cfg"

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple],!MODULE[RSE_Coupler]]:FOR[RocketSoundEnhancementDefault]

to

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]:HAS[#ejectionForce],!MODULE[RSE_Coupler]]:FOR[RocketSoundEnhancementDefault]

the error is gone.

On 11/5/2022 at 2:31 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@THE_KERBAL

Nope. A lot of mods got memory leaks, but this mod does not make the game crash. An inconvenient combination of incompatible-to-each-other mods does.

I think you’re right because it only crashes when I approach another vessel in Luna multiplayer when I have this mod installed. So I think Luna multiplayer has compatibility issues with this mod. Although older versions of this mod worked with the latest versions of Luna multiplayer 

Edited by THE_KERBAL
Better clarity and grammar

Hi, I'm trying out this mod and I get a large frame drop (from 40-50 FPS to 15-16 FPS) on space station in orbit, out of the atmosphere. Is there any way I can tweak the files to fix this? All I really want is the improved sound files, I don't need the muffling or anything (as I assume that's what's causing this massive frame drop). I've tried turning the muffling to Normal to no avail. Nut sure why I'm seeing such a severe drop on a relatively static object.

Edited by SpankyJackson

On 9/17/2022 at 11:17 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@ensou04 how about releasing the fixed version?

Currently on a long hiatus and I am trying to find time to release the proper update.

Thanks for all the bug reports, hopefully now that things aren't as hectic IRL I'll find time to work on this. Keep the reports coming.

On 11/8/2022 at 1:12 AM, THE_KERBAL said:

I think you’re right because it only crashes when I approach another vessel in Luna multiplayer when I have this mod installed. So I think Luna multiplayer has compatibility issues with this mod. Although older versions of this mod worked with the latest versions of Luna multiplayer 

I suspected this mod will eventually be used with Luna Multiplayer so I wonder why this is causing some crashes. It'll need further investigation.

On 11/9/2022 at 4:52 AM, SpankyJackson said:

Hi, I'm trying out this mod and I get a large frame drop (from 40-50 FPS to 15-16 FPS) on space station in orbit, out of the atmosphere. Is there any way I can tweak the files to fix this? All I really want is the improved sound files, I don't need the muffling or anything (as I assume that's what's causing this massive frame drop). I've tried turning the muffling to Normal to no avail. Nut sure why I'm seeing such a severe drop on a relatively static object.

Its not the muffling that causes the lag spikes, its the sound system itself. The current release version has performance issues, if you grab the plugin on the master it has the fixes.

Edited by ensou04

On 11/13/2022 at 12:25 AM, ensou04 said:

Currently on a long hiatus and I am trying to find time to release the proper update.

Thanks for all the bug reports, hopefully now that things aren't as hectic IRL I'll find time to work on this. Keep the reports coming.

I suspected this mod will eventually be used with Luna Multiplayer so I wonder why this is causing some crashes. It'll need further investigation.

Its not the muffling that causes the lag spikes, its the sound system itself. The current release version has performance issues, if you grab the plugin on the master it has the fixes.

Should I make a crash log then?

On 11/13/2022 at 2:25 AM, ensou04 said:

Forgive me if this is a dumb follow up question, but is there anything more to getting the master branch installed than just downloading the plugin and default sound pack zip files from github and copying the GameData folder for each into my GameData, overwriting the old ones I installed with Ckan? I did this and didn't see any performance improvement.

After installing through CKAN, the game crashes my whole pc. Here's what the log says

[EXC 21:38:53.355] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    kOS.Screen.Interpreter.IsWaitingForCommand () (at <3ccb18ebae2a49929054690a1a176760>:0)
    kOS.Screen.TermWindow.ProcessUnconsumedInput () (at <3ccb18ebae2a49929054690a1a176760>:0)
    kOS.Screen.TermWindow.Update () (at <3ccb18ebae2a49929054690a1a176760>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 21:38:53.611] OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
    RocketSoundEnhancement.AudioFilters.AirSimulationFilter..ctor () (at <38e9f5d8981a4a08b8e345cb0552120c>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
    RocketSoundEnhancement.PartModules.<SetupAudioSources>d__37:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[EXC 21:38:53.612] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RocketSoundEnhancement.AudioFilters.AirSimulationFilter.OnDisable () (at <38e9f5d8981a4a08b8e345cb0552120c>:0)
    UnityEngine.Behaviour:set_enabled(Boolean)
[EXC 21:38:53.625] OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
    RocketSoundEnhancement.AudioFilters.AirSimulationFilter..ctor () (at <38e9f5d8981a4a08b8e345cb0552120c>:0)
[EXC 21:38:53.626] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RocketSoundEnhancement.AudioFilters.AirSimulationFilter.OnDisable () (at <38e9f5d8981a4a08b8e345cb0552120c>:0)
[EXC 21:38:53.629] OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
[EXC 21:38:53.629] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:38:53.632] OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
[EXC 21:38:53.632] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:38:53.635] OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

Hello @Elon Kerman

If you use 0.9.6, you can try to replace 'RocketSoundEnhancement.dll' in 'Plugins' folder by this one :

https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/raw/master/GameData/RocketSoundEnhancement/Plugins/RocketSoundEnhancement.dll

Maybe it will be better for you.

This is a patched version made by @ensou04 after the 0.9.6 update. 0.9.6 update made my game very unstable and this patch run it smooth.

On 11/24/2022 at 3:35 PM, Elon Kerman said:

@ Vanest Unfortunately the dll file has not fixed my problem. My pc still ran out of memory and crashed. I think this mod is either incompatible with so many other mods or it’s just on my end but thanks for trying to help though 

If youre running out of memory... its on your end... Most likely not this mod specifically... Moar like *all* the mods you have installed...
If you're running out of memory, it sounds lie you've joined the camp of:
"(Install) Mod it till it breaks!" :P  meaning, youve just pushed your system too far, by installing too many mods at once... Sorry

On 12/1/2022 at 6:54 AM, Stone Blue said:

If youre running out of memory... its on your end... Most likely not this mod specifically... Moar like *all* the mods you have installed...
If you're running out of memory, it sounds lie you've joined the camp of:
"(Install) Mod it till it breaks!" :P  meaning, youve just pushed your system too far, by installing too many mods at once... Sorry

well for that does not seem like the case i am currently run this on light modded install with no part mods I have restock, waterfall, ksp community fixes, and mechjeb.  and older versions of the mod with my  old heavier ksp install that about 70 mods did not cuase the game to crash. i am pretty sure that the issue is on this mods side

1 minute ago, THE_KERBAL said:

well for that does not seem like the case i am currently run this on light modded install with no part mods I have restock, waterfall, ksp community fixes, and mechjeb.  and older versions of the mod with my  old heavier ksp install that about 70 mods did not cuase the game to crash. i am pretty sure that the issue is on this mods side

How much memory do you use? 10 GB should be enough, that's what works for me.

my pc is prety crapy it only has 8 gigs of ram but it has run heavy ksp installs before. 

5 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

How much memory do you use? 10 GB should be enough, that's what works for me.

i know more mods make it crash faster with the current version. but with this mod it just crash when randomly loading a craft

14 hours ago, THE_KERBAL said:

my pc is prety crapy it only has 8 gigs of ram but it has run heavy ksp installs before. 

i know more mods make it crash faster with the current version. but with this mod it just crash when randomly loading a craft

If you're *sure* it has to be this mod, then you really need to test *just* this mod, in a stock install

The settings keep changing back to the default every time I load a new vessel, (clicking save doesn't do anything) and the "disable staging sound" doesn't work, is there any fix for this or is it just that the mod hasn't been updated yet? No rush though, I saw what you said about being on a hiatus.

But man, such an awesome mod. I've always been a sucker for amazing sound design in games and this completely transforms the game for me.

1 hour ago, Suppise said:

I have installed the rse plugin and default into game data, along with the 1.2.x module manager DLL and its not working??? What am I doing wrong?

I'd recommend downloading the Player.log to something like dropbox and post a link (don't post the log here though, they're too big). See here for how to find it:

If you look in Player.log (or KSP.log), find "Exception" or "EXC" (or "ERR") and see what they say, there's often things from other mods that are okay, some not okay, and some might stop other mods from working, it's hard to know without some knowledge of how KSP works (and usually needs the whole log, not just a bit).

I'd double check that GameData/RocketSoundEnhancement/ contains all the plugin files and GameData/RocketSoundEnhancementDefault/ does indeed contain all the data files.

Also "not working" is sort of vague - my guess is you mean "there's no sound at all"?

If you're manually installing (ie. from SpaceDock or GitHub, not using CKAN), you might want to check the zips, remove the existing one, and try reinstalling. Or just see what happens if you remove RSE. So much can go wrong... so more info is useful :-)

2 hours ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Also "not working" is sort of vague - my guess is you mean "there's no sound at all"?

I've reinstalled a few times, first time there was no difference to the game; normal stock sounds. Now there are stock atm sounds, but no engine sounds of any kind, which seems to have occurred after I installed module manager.

The alt + f12 menu has the following text :

"exception null reference exception: object reference not set to an instance of an object"

"[RSE]:AssetBundle loaded" -I have renamed the folder that holds all the rse stuff to RSE

"error: failed to read data for the AssetBundle 'rse_bundle'"

"error: unable to open archive file ...."  where the ..... is the file location for RocketSoundEnhancement/plugins/rse_bundle

This sequance of messages is repeated many many times, while an engine is being fired.

My game is on the latest version, launching through steam/private division launcher. The only other mod I have installed is better time warp, which still functions as intended.