[1.12.3] Rocket Sound Enhancement - Plugin: v0.9.6 - 07/09/22 | Config Pack: v1.2.4 - 07/09/22

ensou04

@Suppise

I don't think you can change folder names for any mods that use DLL files. If it's purely configs, sometimes it's OK, but any mods that use DLL files will need to have file paths exactly the way they were coded originally. 

Re-install the mod and the config pack and leave the folder names alone and I bet that fixes your problem.

3 hours ago, Suppise said:

I[RSE]:AssetBundle loaded" -I have renamed the folder that holds all the rse stuff to RSE

Nope... it *needs* to be /GameData/RocketSoundEnhancement/

Where did you get ModuleManager from?

If you have a file in GameData named "ModuleManager.dll", versus one named "ModuleManager.4.2.2.dll", and/or a *folder* named /ModuleManager/, and if you only have RSE & BetterTime Warp installed, I suggest trying the version of ModuleManager from this link (its the *official, STABLE* version of ModuleManager):
https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/162/artifact/ModuleManager-4.2.2.zip

@Kwebib... I wouldnt suggest changing file/folder names for *any* mod, from the way they are in the release...
Even simple mods that may be just a config file, will most certainly have specific file/folder URL paths defined... possibly even to stuff in *other*, seemingly unrelated mods...

Changing file/folder names & paths, is not for the novice user. ;)

But yes, your suggestion of reinstall/leave everything alone, is solid advice ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

@Stone Blue yeah that seems to have fixed it thanks! 

Now the only issue (minor inconvenience) is frame rates dropping while in space. Atmospheric fps seems to be the same as before, but anytime I’m in orbit, the game treats crafts as though they have 500 parts. 

Not a huge issue, -most of the time I’m in space is spent under timewarp or burning in a single direction- just a quality of life issue. I’ve only flown 3 space bound missions since installing this mod, and each time there have been differing amounts of lag, for fairly similar craft part counts. 

If anyone knows a quick fix to this problem I’d like to know lol

Otherwise I’m fine to just live with it; Only 2 months until ksp2.

Edited by Suppise

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 2:54 PM, Stone Blue said:

If youre running out of memory... its on your end... Most likely not this mod specifically... Moar like *all* the mods you have installed...
If you're running out of memory, it sounds lie you've joined the camp of:
"(Install) Mod it till it breaks!" :P  meaning, youve just pushed your system too far, by installing too many mods at once... Sorry

In the case of this mod, no, before installing it i was averaging 7-9GB Total RAM used, with it installed and the default configs it's going above 16gb often and averages about 15-14 after a while, even more with larger ships.

I'll try with the mentionned DLL, see if it makes a difference but i doubt it, the RAM issue doesn't affect me because i've got 32Gb, however the performance drop is ... Meh.

Still, i love this mod, it sounds just amazing.

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2023 at 3:49 AM, Koltirad said:

In the case of this mod, no, before installing it i was averaging 7-9GB Total RAM used, with it installed and the default configs it's going above 16gb often and averages about 15-14 after a while, even more with larger ships.

I'll try with the mentionned DLL, see if it makes a difference but i doubt it, the RAM issue doesn't affect me because i've got 32Gb, however the performance drop is ... Meh.

Still, i love this mod, it sounds just amazing.

I was looking in my own logs because I noticed that the more rockets I launched, the slower it got... and I found that there is a memory leak with RSE. It's kind of frustrating to see the RAM usage go up. My current solution is to restart the game to clear the leaks but it's kind of annoying.

On 2/26/2023 at 11:16 PM, Kwebib said:

There is a pull request that was merged on GitHub that fixes the memory leak, but you will have to recompile the dll from the source code. I don’t think the dll on the master includes the fix.

Great to hear, i'll try RSE again with it then.

On 2/26/2023 at 11:16 PM, Kwebib said:

There is a pull request that was merged on GitHub that fixes the memory leak, but you will have to recompile the dll from the source code. I don’t think the dll on the master includes the fix.

I have no clue what do with this info, i saw the pull request tab and some "code?"   , i checked if i can find youtube turtorials how to "merge" this, but unable .  Would you mind explaining to me how to do this ? xD

You can try using this guide. It helped me get started with recompiling mods.

Otherwise, I believe the GNU GPL3 license says I can share the DLL that I recompiled, but I might not be able to get to it today.

Obviously, best case would be @ensou04 recompile and commit to the GitHub master.

17 hours ago, Kwebib said:

Here are the recompiled DLLs that include @JonnyOThan's memory leak fix.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Rzc4joYIsMUcd56uDx3c1C2QCO9T3d0I?usp=share_link

I think they're working, but obviously no warranty. I haven't had any crashes since I started using these.

Thank you very much <3

Edit:  Just be sure, i "obviously" replace the .dll files in the plugins folder with the downloads, right? xD

Edited by gadnuk
forgot something

// Docking Ports Auto Patcher

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[RSE_Coupler]]:FOR[RocketSoundEnhancementDefault]

:(

Edit: Never mind, they seem to happily co-exist (my DP_SoundFX mod and this one). It just plays both sounds (which I think sounds a bit better really)

Edited by tg626

[EXC 14:12:53.319] OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
	RocketSoundEnhancement.AudioFilters.AirSimulationFilter..ctor () (at <38e9f5d8981a4a08b8e345cb0552120c>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
	RocketSoundEnhancement.PartModules.<SetupAudioSources>d__37:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Log file link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S6LoQ62oVysPgEdV45TtmFKY2eh4j0o0/view?usp=sharing

Edited by tg626

Hey all, @ensou04 gave me permission to put together a release, grab it now!
https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/releases

Changes

• Fixed MachEffectsAmount not saving and causing crashes when set to zero.
  • Fixed Sonic Booms being triggered in MapView
  • RCS sounds use thruster power
  • Major performance optimizations
  • Fixed memory leaks from scene changes

• 2 weeks later...

So - i h ave an issue with Kerbalism. When an engine fails, the engine sound effect keeps playing even though it is not thrusting/ is broken, and continues even when my throttle is set to 0. It is only fixed by leaving to the space center and hopping back to the craft. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I'm wondering if this mod will work for all parts, or only those in the config? If not, will unpatched parts still work properly and just use the default sounds or have no sounds at all?

Also I'd like to know, if I'm understanding it correctly, do parts using realplume or waterfall effects have support automatically?

• 5 weeks later...

I got a lot of this exception when my pod land in the sea(I use KSRSS mod), and the FPS gets reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy low:

[EXC 06:21:26.913] NullReferenceException
  RocketSoundEnhancement.RSE_PartAudioManager.LateUpdate () (at <291f40d3d6db4209b489483e9d4aa7c3>:0)
  UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
  ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
  UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
Edited by HideoKuze

On 3/7/2023 at 7:34 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Hey all, @ensou04 gave me permission to put together a release, grab it now!
https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/releases

Changes

• Fixed MachEffectsAmount not saving and causing crashes when set to zero.
  • Fixed Sonic Booms being triggered in MapView
  • RCS sounds use thruster power
  • Major performance optimizations
  • Fixed memory leaks from scene changes

I've noticed that I don't seem to be getting mach effects (besides sonic booms) in this release. Like, if I take off with the camera locked in front of the craft and accelerate past mach 1, in the previous version, the sound would weaken and disappear almost entirely at mach 1. Now it seems unchanged. Same for crossing into and out of the sonic cone when flying at supersonic speeds, I'll hear the boom, but there seems to be no change in sound otherwise, whereas it previously would be the transition either between engine sounds and silence.