[1.12.3] Rocket Sound Enhancement - Plugin: v0.9.6 - 07/09/22 | Config Pack: v1.2.4 - 07/09/22

ensou04

Hi,

I would like to reduce a bit the ship effect that  sounds like the hull and the fuselage/structure is crackling. I find it happen a bit too much to my liking, also I would to lower the sound volume a bit. I'm not sure, but I think it happens when applying high g forces to the vessel.
I looked through the config but I'm not confident in which settings to change..

Thank you ! :)

Edited by kurgut

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I quickly tested this mod in 1.11.2 and it sounds amazing, gives a lot more life to the engines.

I wonder what makes this mod WIP? Are only a few engines or wheels fully done or wanting to add more features? 

Lastly, Ckan says it's for version "1.10.99" max, does this mod need an update still for 1.11.2 to work fully?'

thanks in advance!

On 6/1/2021 at 12:54 AM, Kerdel said:

Hi! I quickly tested this mod in 1.11.2 and it sounds amazing, gives a lot more life to the engines.

I wonder what makes this mod WIP? Are only a few engines or wheels fully done or wanting to add more features? 

Lastly, Ckan says it's for version "1.10.99" max, does this mod need an update still for 1.11.2 to work fully?'

thanks in advance!

I've been using on 1.11.2, though I just re-started a new career, and everything seems to be working. Definitely is a great improvement on stock sounds, especially if you fly IVA.

Edited by 610yesnolovely

On 1/25/2021 at 12:53 PM, ensou04 said:

I'm currently working on a blacklist system for sound sources so other people don't have to change their mod but: What you could do is to make sure that your audiosources has "bypassListenerEffects" set to true so that it ignores all the effects from RSE. The blacklist system I'm going to implement pretty much behaves in the same way.

Did anything ever come of this idea?

I think that this is also muffling sound track editor...all my nice ambient space music is bass only now :/

Edited by Errol

• 3 weeks later...

Im noticing that with rockets with alot of engines the sound is... rough. Tried playing with the audio limiter, but that doesnt seem to help much. It sounds like each audio file is playing on top of eachother and its just an incredible white noise. Any possible solution?

Edited by Motokid600

The list of mods I have all work fine, and the RCS adds impressive sounds.  The problem is the RCS makes my subwoofer & desktop speakers wake the neighbors but all the other mods are "MOD-ulated" to have reasonable and similar volumes and RCS breaks the immersion when it explodes out of my house into the neighborhood.

Too much boom boom for what is expected to be gases released from a valve..

I cant find any tutorial how to find config.

But if I find it, then I need the rest of the tutorial to help me get to the finish line as well..  

Dont assume any terminology is familiar to the beginner..  define every technical term before saying " go do such n such".

I am using CKAN since this past year, still a beginner in that too :)

Edited by Maxxim

4 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

Suggestion:

Add generic sound settings for wheels and landing gear added by mods!

Thanks.

Are you able to provide the link to a working solution (assuming you referred to my post)?

18 minutes ago, Maxxim said:

Are you able to provide the link to a working solution (assuming you referred to my post)?

No. I'm suggesting that the maintainer add default sounds for all wheels and landing gears, to work with any mod!

Sorry if my post got confused!

I found a bug:

The engine sounds became completely silent. All other sounds works, including the engine ignition! But the engine burn don't make any sound, even in the atmosphere!

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b5w9yto542lg7q/KSP(RSE).log?dl=0

Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/51w03swm2ql02e2/Player(RSE).log?dl=0

* To restore sound, I had to close the game and open it again!

Thanks.

Edited by Dominiquini

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! It's been a while but I'm back to continue working on this. Lemme just catch up and see what's up:

On 6/1/2021 at 3:54 PM, Kerdel said:

thanks in advance!

It's still WIP because I'm still looking for a better solution for the Audio Limiter and the overall loudness of each engine still has to be balanced. 

On 7/16/2021 at 5:08 AM, Dominiquini said:

Suggestion:

Add generic sound settings for wheels and landing gear added by mods!

Thanks.

For these, modders can use the existing sounds effects and system provided by the mod via config. although we could work on an overall patch config that applies the new sound effects to most mods. Unfortunately i cant do this alone i can only work on the Mod itself, the sounds effects and Stock with some exceptions like ReStock.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:25 AM, Dominiquini said:

No. I'm suggesting that the maintainer add default sounds for all wheels and landing gears, to work with any mod!

Sorry if my post got confused!

I found a bug:

The engine sounds became completely silent. All other sounds works, including the engine ignition! But the engine burn don't make any sound, even in the atmosphere!

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b5w9yto542lg7q/KSP(RSE).log?dl=0

Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/51w03swm2ql02e2/Player(RSE).log?dl=0

* To restore sound, I had to close the game and open it again!

Thanks.

I'll take a look into this and find some new errors. thank you for reporting!

Edited by ensou04

• 2 weeks later...

@ensou04, can we see compatibility with Soundtrack Editor Forked in the future? (and by extension, the KSP original score project?). Currently, music from that mod has its volume lowered in space like other sounds, forcing me to turn it up to really high levels to hear it (and making the KSC birdsong loop extremely loud in the process).

@Errol @coyotesfrontier

A stopgap measure has been posted before in this thread. Disable muffling of RSE and install audio muffler redux for muffling. This works fine with soundtrack editor. Solving this problem in RSE would be nice, though.

@ensou04

I just learned that Waterfall adds its own sound effects after RSE. Here is a small patch that should resolve the issue: removes Waterfalls sound and smoke trails

Spoiler
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines],@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&Waterfall]:FINAL
{
    !EFFECTS {}
}

I assume removing all effects is fine as both stock waterfall effects and waterfall restock do this with all changed parts as well.

Edit: There seems to be no generic solution for all engines that doesn't remove the smoke trails, so her are effort-patches for 

StockWaterfallEffects:

Spoiler
// Stock Waterfall Effects rocket engines

@PART[microEngine_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-ant-running{!AUDIO{}}}
    @EFFECTS{@engage{!AUDIO{}}}
    @EFFECTS{@disengage{!AUDIO{}}}
    @EFFECTS{@flameout{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineLV-TX87]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-bobcat-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineLV-T91]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-cheetah-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineRV-1]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-cub-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[toroidalAerospike]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-dart-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[ionEngine]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-dawn-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineRK-7]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-kodiak-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngineMainsail_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-mainsail-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[Size3EngineCluster]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-mammoth-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineKE-1]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-mastodon-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[nuclearEngine]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-nerv-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngine2-2_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-poodle-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[omsEngine]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-puff-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngine]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-reliant-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[Size3AdvancedEngine]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-rhino-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineRE-I2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-skiff-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[engineLargeSkipper_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-skipper-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngineMini_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-spark-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[radialEngineMini_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-spider-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngine2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-swivel-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngine3_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-terrier-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[radialLiquidEngine1-2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-thud-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[Size2LFB_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-twinboar-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[smallRadialEngine_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-twitch-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[SSME]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-vector-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineRE-J10]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&StockWaterfallEffects]:AFTER[StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-wolfhound-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

and WaterfallRestock:

Spoiler
// Waterfall Restock stock rocket engines

@PART[engineLargeSkipper_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-skipper-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[ionEngine]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@IonPlume{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineKE-1]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-mastodon-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngineMainsail_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-mainsail-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngineMini_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-spark-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngine2-2_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-poodle-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineRE-I2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-skiff-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineRE-J10]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-wolfhound-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngine]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-reliant-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineRK-7]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-kodiak-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[LiquidEngineRV-1]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-cub-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngine2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-swivel-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[liquidEngine3_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-terrier-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[Size2LFB]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
}

@PART[Size2LFB_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
}

@PART[microEngine_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-ant-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[nuclearEngine]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-nerv-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[omsEngine]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-puff-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[radialEngineMini_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-spider-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[Size3AdvancedEngine]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-rhino-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[Size3EngineCluster]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-mammoth-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[smallRadialEngine_v2]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-twitch-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

@PART[SSME]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]&@MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&WaterfallRestock]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @EFFECTS{@fx-vector-running{!AUDIO{}}}
}

Edited by hermano

On 8/8/2021 at 4:16 PM, hermano said:

@ensou04

I just learned that Waterfall adds its own sound effects after RSE. Here is a small patch that should resolve the issue:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[RSE_Engines]]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement&Waterfall]:FINAL
{
	!EFFECTS {}
}

I assume removing all effects is fine as both stock waterfall effects and waterfall restock do this with all changed parts as well.

For clarification, is this the solution to rocket sounds disappearing?  I've had this once out of ten or so games running RSE on 1.12.1 (with lots of other mods including Waterfall).

10 hours ago, 610yesnolovely said:

For clarification, is this the solution to rocket sounds disappearing?  I've had this once out of ten or so games running RSE on 1.12.1 (with lots of other mods including Waterfall).

Probably not.

RSE removes the stock sound modules (and real plumes), then add its own custom module. Waterfall then adds the stock modules with new sounds afterwards. The above patch removes the stock sound effect modules again.

Without the patch RSE and Waterfall sound probably play at the same time for engines that have both effects set. I really don't know which side effects this may have.

20 hours ago, hermano said:

Probably not.

RSE removes the stock sound modules (and real plumes), then add its own custom module. Waterfall then adds the stock modules with new sounds afterwards. The above patch removes the stock sound effect modules again.

Without the patch RSE and Waterfall sound probably play at the same time for engines that have both effects set. I really don't know which side effects this may have.

Yeah i've encountered this as well, Thanks for providing some configs to make Waterfall compatible with RSE. I'll make sure to add it later.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:20 PM, coyotesfrontier said:

@ensou04, can we see compatibility with Soundtrack Editor Forked in the future? (and by extension, the KSP original score project?). Currently, music from that mod has its volume lowered in space like other sounds, forcing me to turn it up to really high levels to hear it (and making the KSC birdsong loop extremely loud in the process).

This should be fixed once RSE has a more robust blacklisting system. But for now, you could disable RSE's Audio Muffling and just use Audio Muffler Redux

Status Report on the mod, so far nothing is broken. for Issues with sounds disappearing that is most likely caused by too many sound sources in the game, this is a hard limit with Unity and I dont know if I have a solution for this. 
on another hand, I might just remove the Sound Limiter until I find a better solution because its causing issues like undesirable crackling.

Maybe I'll push an update within this month, I'm not sure. Also should I compile the mod against the latest version of KSP?

11 hours ago, ensou04 said:

Yeah i've encountered this as well, Thanks for providing some configs to make Waterfall compatible with RSE. I'll make sure to add it later.

This should be fixed once RSE has a more robust blacklisting system. But for now, you could disable RSE's Audio Muffling and just use Audio Muffler Redux

Status Report on the mod, so far nothing is broken. for Issues with sounds disappearing that is most likely caused by too many sound sources in the game, this is a hard limit with Unity and I dont know if I have a solution for this. 
on another hand, I might just remove the Sound Limiter until I find a better solution because its causing issues like undesirable crackling.

Maybe I'll push an update within this month, I'm not sure. Also should I compile the mod against the latest version of KSP?

Thanks for explaining the disappearing sound - I think it's actually a general game issue. I may have imagined it, but I'm sure I read about it on another mod or perhaps it's related to this fix in 1.12.2:

* Fix the ship engine volume setting not being applied in flight.

Love using this mod, as I play a lot in IVAs(planes and rockets)  - even when not, it's so much cooler sounding.

Definitely update to 1.12.2 - given that 1.12.x will be the last release, then you can retire to the beach in the Kahamas :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if i did something wrong on download. but it seems like this "sound library" didn't load in for me as i downloaded the mod. installed it into my gamedata folder, and it seemed to have added nothing except for the engine shutdown effect on a very small amount of engines. The sound is very very cool based on the provided video, and i would love to hear it in game, i just don't know what i did wrong. Any and all help is appreciated.

Edit: And to clarify i am running an (almost) stock game, with my other mod being Parallax and its dependencies.

Edited by GuardianOne

On 9/16/2021 at 2:03 PM, jefferyharrell said:

For what it's worth, I'm using it in 1.12.2 and it works great for me. Maybe you have a mod conflict or something?

I was in 1.12.2, again only had that downloaded and a visual mod that changes no sounds, so if SpaceFace545 is in the same boat I'm in, it doesn't have to do with conflict. What I'm wondering is, if everything is bundled in the download, or if there is some kind of missing dependency.

EDIT: Got it to work! you dont download directly from the download link. Instead you need to go to the source code and download it from there. The direct download link contains the mod, but does not have any of the sounds that the program uses, hence why there are no sounds with a completely stock game.

Edited by GuardianOne

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem with the mod just removing spacecraft sound entirely in 1.12

I updated from 1.11 keeping most of my mods and not adding any new ones, so I don't think that it's a mod conflict.

EDIT : weirdly, restarting the game fixed the issue.

Edited by lBoBl

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Did you do what GuardianOne suggested above and is it still broken then?

Installing it with CKAN works fine, unless you have Stock Waterfall Effects. I've tried making them both compatible but to no avail (I love Stock Waterfall Effects visual effects but no it's sounds. Jet sounds continued and RSE are better in that regard)

Edited by Firebird989