[1.12.3] Rocket Sound Enhancement - Plugin: v0.9.6 - 07/09/22 | Config Pack: v1.2.4 - 07/09/22

ensou04

1 hour ago, ensou04 said:

@Drew Kerman do you mean the chorusing effect when I activate the engines? that's two engines starting at a slight different time causing that weird sound. 

I guess it seemed weird how long it took for them to actually light up. Seemed like two distinct periods to me - the chorusing sound where nothing was happening and I was staring at the flag to confirm the game wasn't slowing down, and then the engines igniting

@Drew Kerman i was actually waiting for the ignition sound to fade out because I wanted to show the new "Thump" feature of running sounds. its a slight effect but you'll notice it the moment i put the thrust up to 100% instantly it started at a slightly higher pitch then tapers to the normal pitch.

On 11/26/2018 at 12:07 AM, ensou04 said:

@Gordon Dry yeah not all plumes have been patched yet. i'll get to them eventually maybe on the next update.

I'm concerned that you're relying on RealPlume and, to the best of my knowledge, it's not being updated any more. Did I just miss some news about that getting picked up? Is there a backup plan in case it goes dormant? It would be sad if all the great work you're doing got blocked because of a dead dependency.

Release 0.3.0 now available: https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/releases/tag/0.3.0

v0.3.0
- Ammonialox, Cryogenic-UpperLower patches
- Thump! Featured on most plumes
- Redone lowpass curves
- Volume are now based on Engine Thrust
- New SRB Crackle sound layer for Solid-Lower
- Reverted Engage, Disengage and Flameout sounds to stock.

Edited by ensou04

@Beetlecat I was looking at audio muffler code and was surprised its using Unity's mixer features. so i tried it out with RSE and was pleasantly surprised Audio Muffler is FULLY Compatible with RSE!

I added Audio Muffler Redux as a recommended mod now :) Looks like i wont have to do muffling anymore because my plan to use Unity's Mixer features was already done by Audio Muffler Redux.

Edited by ensou04

10 hours ago, ensou04 said:

@Beetlecat I was looking at audio muffler code and was surprised its using Unity's mixer features. so i tried it out with RSE and was pleasantly surprised Audio Muffler is FULLY Compatible with RSE!

Woah -- now this is pretty cool news.  --Not that I think RSE wouldn't be spectacular at it ;)

Audio Muffler (Redux) has some great configuration options around map view, helmet/iva, chatterer integration, so it's good to hear it'll work like that. 

Edited by Beetlecat

I would like to report the bug. MM has an error when loading solid_lower.cfg. The sound of lower stage SRB does not change despite using different SRBs.

Errors appear on line 69077 and 69081 in the log file here.

I use your latest RSE version and MM 3.1.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zok7hfhiobbskxq/output_log RSE Solid lower error.txt?dl=0

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key volume = #$../../../MODULE[ModuleEngines*]/maxThrust$

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key volume = #$../../../MODULE[ModuleEngines*]/maxThrust$

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Edited by Pulsar

19 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

I would like to report the bug. MM has an error when loading solid_lower.cfg. The sound of lower stage SRB does not change despite using different SRBs.

Errors appear on line 69077 and 69081 in the log file here.

I use your latest RSE version and MM 3.1.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zok7hfhiobbskxq/output_log RSE Solid lower error.txt?dl=0

it looks like reDIRECT/Phase1/Parts/Boosters/DIRECT_SRB_adapter1/PART has some issues based on your log. i'll take a look at it and see what I can do.

unfortunately for SRBs sounding the same and only varying in volume is beyond my control because most SRBs only use one plume config solid-lower. but i'll try to find a way to make them more unique by varying the pitch or something. maybe i could disable/turn down crackle sounds if the SRB is not powerful enough

EDIT:
pushed an update see if this one rids the error:
https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/releases/tag/0.3.1

Edited by ensou04

33 minutes ago, ensou04 said:

it looks like reDIRECT/Phase1/Parts/Boosters/DIRECT_SRB_adapter1/PART has some issues based on your log. i'll take a look at it and see what I can do.

unfortunately for SRBs sounding the same and only varying in volume is beyond my control because most SRBs only use one plume config solid-lower. but i'll try to find a way to make them more unique by varying the pitch or something. maybe i could disable/turn down crackle sounds if the SRB is not powerful enough

EDIT:
pushed an update see if this one rids the error:
https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/releases/tag/0.3.1

I have checked the RSE 0.3.0 in a clean install with the required mod. No error here.

With the latest patch, the errors are gone in both modded and clean install. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Experimenting on a new sound effect feature for Rocket Sound Enhancement. Applying one-shot sound effects to bursts of thrust. This means we dont have to force make activate sounds as explosions because that is now possible through thrust alone

Edited by ensou04

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 3:51 PM, ensou04 said:

Engine Oomf Update | Version 0.4.0 is released!  

Download: https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/releases/tag/0.4.0

added one shot samples to most lower stage engines.

Got a bit of an issue over here, I'm getting the boom sound on second ignitions, as opposed to first ones. For example let's say I launch a Mainsail and the usual fizzle sound plays, but if I reignite it mid-flight then the boom sound plays. Anyways, amazing mod! Keep up the great work!

4 hours ago, Kradgger said:

Got a bit of an issue over here, I'm getting the boom sound on second ignitions, as opposed to first ones. For example let's say I launch a Mainsail and the usual fizzle sound plays, but if I reignite it mid-flight then the boom sound plays. Anyways, amazing mod! Keep up the great work!

that was the goal. it has a slight timeout but that's working as intended

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, liquidhype said:

Would it be possible to get an up to date version of this mod for KSP 1.3.1? I want to use this mod, but I also want to play in Realism Overhaul.

Have you tried installing it with 1.3.1 yet? I think it would work since I don't think RealPlume has had any major changes since 1.3.1 and that's what RSE depends on.