[1.12.3] Rocket Sound Enhancement - Plugin: v0.9.6 - 07/09/22 | Config Pack: v1.2.4 - 07/09/22

ensou04

5 hours ago, ensou04 said:

@Karin im glad that fixed it, are the dummy parts actual parts in game or no?

because if not then i'll add a flag to the patches to make sure the Collision module only gets applied to parts that has crashTolerance

Guess you already did it hsuaha

But no, they're not usable parts 

19 hours ago, ensou04 said:

Added Whitelist for Chatterer

You did it!!! :D   This/these updates are superb.

I almost hate to ask it, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be too far a reach; would you be interested in selectively allowing/muffling chatterer based on interior vs. vacuum as well? It would be really cool to *barely* hear the radio chatter (or not at all) when in external view, vs having it loud and clear once you're inside with the crew.

Then there's the question of kerbals on EVA (or in first-person view if using that mod).

Yes, I'm secretly trying to replace every subtle nuance and feature of Audio Muffler...  ;)

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

would you be interested in selectively allowing/muffling chatterer based on interior vs. vacuum as well?

It is possible to do yeah, I just have to flick the bypassListenerEffects to true whenever the camera is on IVA, then back to false when in third person. but it'll be muffled based on the vacuum muffling frequency. for a more nuanced approach I would have to give chatterer its own lowpass filters, its not hard to do but it is additional code.

edit: ok i got the selective muffling working. gonna be with 0.5.2 update. just waiting for other things that i can do before I release it. so far i don't see anything else.
I haven't figure out how to deal with Through the Eyes of Kerbal though

Edited by ensou04

1 hour ago, ensou04 said:

It is possible to do yeah, I just have to flick the bypassListenerEffects to true whenever the camera is on IVA, then back to false when in third person. but it'll be muffled based on the vacuum muffling frequency. for a more nuanced approach I would have to give chatterer its own lowpass filters, its not hard to do but it is additional code.

Makes sense. Kerbals on EVA are 3rd-person, so the camera/viewer is still "in vacuum" at that point? 

Then there's the "Through the eyes of a Kerbal" mod which allows a form of first-person EVA from within the helmet. I'm not sure if AudioMuffler was aware of that directly, or if it just treated it like IVA.

Update Version v0.5.2

• Added Option to Muffle Chatterer Sounds (off by default)
  • Changed ShipEffects Thrust controls to TotalThrust / Mass instead of just Total Thrust Power
  • Updated ShipEffects.cfg to reflect new change
  • Reduced Pitching for Medium Rattles layer in ShipEffects.cfg

Download: https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/releases/tag/0.5.2

Edited by ensou04

The new feature with chatterer works great. For now I'll confirm that when using "through the eyes" it's basically the same as generically "being outside."

What condition is the new "interior - vacuum" control covering?

Edited by Beetlecat

Update Version v0.5.2

• Added Option to Muffle Chatterer Sounds (off by default)
  • Changed ShipEffects Thrust controls to TotalThrust / Mass instead of just Total Thrust Power
  • Updated ShipEffects.cfg to reflect new change

Download: https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/releases/tag/0.5.2

One more change needed for CKAN:  Remove the spaces from the NAME:  field

Edit:  Need to ask @HebaruSan if that's needed

Edited by linuxgurugamer

27 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

What condition is the new "interior - vacuum" control covering?

its controls the amount of muffling in the interior while in vacuum. because in atmo i reckon there should be less muffling because there's air to vibrate your ship more.

Edited by ensou04

its controls the amount of muffling in the interior while in vacuum. because in atmo i reckon there should be less muffling because there's air to vibrate your ship more.

XD  -- I figured -- I'm just having a hard time figure out *when* that would be.

9 minutes ago, ensou04 said:

@Beetlecat its a curve controlled by atmospheric pressure the same way how the exterior one works

Sorry, I think I was being too flippant/vague with my question -- I'll restate it :)

I'm not actually thinking of when in-game that condition would occur? all pods and internal spaces (non-modded, anyway) are pressurized, right? Or are there some I'm not thinking of?

2 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Sorry, I think I was being too flippant/vague with my question -- I'll restate it :)

I'm not actually thinking of when in-game that condition would occur? all pods and internal spaces (non-modded, anyway) are pressurized, right? Or are there some I'm not thinking of?

Atmospheric pressure outside the living spaces

19 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Atmospheric pressure outside the living spaces

18 minutes ago, ensou04 said:

@Beetlecat OH ok no that's not how it works. its how much it should muffle the outside, thats why there's two controls, Atmo and Vacuum,  sorry i guess i wasn't specific lol

HA!  Okay, I totally latched on to the opposite framing of *interior* atmosphere. ;)

For anyone who want's to support or use RSE on their mods, I started working on the Documentation: https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/wiki 

Update Version 0.5.3

• Fixed Confusing Naming Conventions
  • Added Tooltips for Lowpass Filter Settings
  • Updated Configs

Download: https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/releases/tag/0.5.3

Edited by ensou04

Hi, it's me again

I've noticed a log spam in my game. As always, here's the full log and in the spoiler is the message spammed

Spoiler

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AudioSource.set_bypassListenerEffects(UnityEngine.AudioSource,bool)
  at RocketSoundEnhancement.RSE.LateUpdate () [0x0010c] in <8c087b29f3004793b3eb5336acb23051>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <8c087b29f3004793b3eb5336acb23051> Line: 0)

It's something related to the option to muffle chatterer because if disabled the spam stops, it happens in 0.5.2 as well as 0.5.3. I didn't launch anything while looking at the log but my guess is the moment the muffle kicks in the spam starts. On the surface of Kerbin nothing happens.

My game sometimes stutter in the VAB and when changing scenes (audio only on scene change) after playing for a while, I have no idea if these two things can be related but it's a very recent issue (this is what made me look in the log and find the spam). If somehow this stops I'll edit this

2 hours ago, Karin said:

It's something related to the option to muffle chatterer because if disabled the spam stops, it happens in 0.5.2 as well as 0.5.3. I didn't launch anything while looking at the log but my guess is the moment the muffle kicks in the spam starts. On the surface of Kerbin nothing happens.

Your guess is right, only chatterer audiosources are being handled under RSE.LateUpdate(). so there's probably some funky things going on there. don't enable Muffle Chatterer for now until I find a fix. 

Muffling is always happening once in-flight so it probably relates to chatterer doing something else once in different situations thats why there's no log spam on the launchpad/surface. 

2 hours ago, Karin said:

My game sometimes stutter in the VAB and when changing scenes (audio only on scene change) after playing for a while,

RSE only works in-flight, maybe it has something to do with the same issue above, (when changing from and to Flight Mode)

thanks for the report :)
EDIT: @Karin i was trying to reproduce your bug, i didn't get any Null Exceptions until I enabled the "Use per-vessel Settings" on Chatterer. Did you have that enabled?

EDIT2: I think i fixed it. gonna be on the next update. but if you can't wait you can grab the current .dll here: https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/tree/master/GameData/RocketSoundEnhancement/Plugins

Edited by ensou04

On 11/23/2020 at 6:07 PM, ensou04 said:

EDIT: @Karin i was trying to reproduce your bug, i didn't get any Null Exceptions until I enabled the "Use per-vessel Settings" on Chatterer. Did you have that enabled?

@ensou04 Yes

On 11/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, Idleness said:

I haven't tried it yet but I'm looking at adding Sound Track Editor to my game as well.  Would you anticipate they act well together?

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/191467-173-18x-19x-110x-soundtrack-editor-forked/

@Idleness I never got any trouble with them

17 minutes ago, Karin said:

@Idleness I never got any trouble with them

Yeah, my initial guess was that there would be no problem.  I'm finding I have many soundtrack skipping/stutters, particularly on scene changes.  But it's a pretty heavily modded game.  I'd have to knock up a new install with just the sound mods to see if it is one of them, or something else - that's my intention in the next couple of days.  I'm really liking this mod though.  If it does turn out that they're not playing well together then I'll report as much, but this mod will definitely be preferred over soundtrack.

I ought to find my "perfect" mod selection just in time for next version release. ;)

Edited by Idleness

5 hours ago, Idleness said:

Yeah, my initial guess was that there would be no problem.  I'm finding I have many soundtrack skipping/stutters, particularly on scene changes.  But it's a pretty heavily modded game.  I'd have to knock up a new install with just the sound mods to see if it is one of them, or something else - that's my intention in the next couple of days.  I'm really liking this mod though.  If it does turn out that they're not playing well together then I'll report as much, but this mod will definitely be preferred over soundtrack.

I ought to find my "perfect" mod selection just in time for next version release. ;)

Wait I am having these issues as well, did these stutters happened before installing soundtrack editor? Does your game also stutters in the VAB after some time?

I just checked and it may be worth to check the Soudtrack editor plugin files in KSP_Data and KSP_64x_Data folders  because when I tried uninstalling it I forgot to remove those, I'm gonna try these and update you guys later

Edit: Didn't solve, so there's something else going on, but my 1.8.1 RP-1 doesn't have this issue

Edited by Karin

6 hours ago, Karin said:

Wait I am having these issues as well, did these stutters happened before installing soundtrack editor

6 hours ago, Idleness said:

I'm finding I have many soundtrack skipping/stutters, particularly on scene changes. 

have you guys tried removing RSE and see if its not RSE being broken again? just to rule it out