ensou04

[WIP][1.6.X] Rocket Sound Enhancement [v0.4.0] - Engine Oomf Update

6 hours ago, Tyko said:

Have you tried installing it with 1.3.1 yet? I think it would work since I don't think RealPlume has had any major changes since 1.3.1 and that's what RSE depends on.

Right, I'll give it a try. I just figured since this addon uses its own .dll, the latest version might need to be exported using the 1.3.1 files.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

Right, I'll give it a try. I just figured since this addon uses its own .dll, the latest version might need to be exported using the 1.3.1 files.

It might...only takes 10 minutes to try it out. Just suggesting it's worth your effort over assuming it won't work. Because making things backwards compatible usually isn't high on modders' todo lists  :) 

Edited by Tyko

On 11/6/2018 at 2:40 AM, ensou04 said:

Rocket Sound Enhancement

I've had gripes on how engines in the game sounded both stock and modded. its either too low and uninteresting or too deafening loud and noticeable looping effect. The goal of this mod is to fix that.

Sound Effects are 100% Synthesized, utilizing layering to make the sound effect more dynamic using a custom plugin. Rocket's volume attenuation is more realistic by using a low-pass filter mimicking the sound of rockets in real life at different distances (further you are , the more bass you hear). 

Most engine types have unique sounds qualities using different types of running sounds plus layering sound effects. Cryogenic Engines sound deeper compared to Kerolox based engines which sound more dirtier for example.

Download : https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/releases 

License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 | Source: https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement

Requirements

Recommended:

Future Goals/Plans

• Moar sound effects.
  • ShipEffects integration
  • Create Custom Per-Engine configs making Realplume Dependency an option.

Showcase:

Other Test Videos:

Reveal hidden contents

Change log:

v0.4.0 Engine Oomf Update
- added one shot samples to most lower stage engines.

v0.3.0
- Ammonialox, Cryogenic-UpperLower patches
- Thump! Featured on most plumes
- Redone lowpass curves
- Volume are now based on Engine Thrust
- New SRB Crackle sound layer for Solid-Lower
- Reverted Engage, Disengage and Flameout sounds to stock.

v0.2.0 Plugin Update
- Engines now uses a custom Audio handler via RSEAudio plugin
- Fixed patch errors: Hydrogen-NTR and Hydrogen-NTR-HightTemp were referencing an incorrect plume config
- Engines now have a realistic lowpass-based volume rolloff attenuation
- Rebalanced and improved sound assets

v0.1.1
- Fix Small Engine Volumes
- Hypergolic-OMS White and Red
- Kerolox-Vernier
- Removed sound_lqd_tiny

pre-v0.1.0
- Hydrogen-NTR
- Hydrogen-NTR-HighTemp
- Hydrolox-Lower
- Hydrolox-Upper
- Hypergolic-Lower
- Hypergolic-OMS-Red
- Hypergolic-OMS-White
- Hypergolic-Upper
- Kerolox-Lower
- Kerolox-Lower-F1
- Kerolox-Upper
- Kerolox-Vernier
- Solid-Lower
- Solid-Sepmotor
- Solid-Upper
- Solid-Vacuum

If you don't mind, how did you get that camera view that follows your rocket from the ground?

On 2/3/2019 at 9:34 PM, SnacklessKerbal said:

If you don't mind, how did you get that camera view that follows your rocket from the ground?

@ensou04Is this mod only working with smokescreen/realplume? because some mods like Bluedog uses the new stock-plumes too.

Edited by Cheesecake
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 4:19 PM, Cheesecake said:

@ensou04Is this mod only working with smokescreen/realplume? because some mods like Bluedog uses the new stock-plumes too.

For now it is. later updates will have per-engine configs instead of relying on RealPlume/SmokeScreen, the dependency is temporary so I can test sounds, effects and features more quickly.

Edited by ensou04
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ensou04 said:

later updates will have per-engine configs instead of relying on RealPlume/SmokeScreen

Will it be possible to add engine sounds via configs so that mods will benefit as well?

1 hour ago, woeller said:

Will it be possible to add engine sounds via configs so that mods will benefit as well?

That's the plan as @ensou04 described it to me. I'm hoping we see (or can build) a patch for RS / RS+  ;)  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, woeller said:

Yep, it'll act as a library of sounds with its own audio handler plugin meant to replace stock's.

Edited by ensou04
  • Like 2