Automated Forum Birthday Well Wishes Email

AlamoVampire

Do YOU still get Happy Birthday well wishes?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do YOU still get Happy Birthday well wishes?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you recall this feature?

• Yes
    • No

I noticed something about this forum this year after my birthday last month that I thought was a glitch only last year. The forum used to generate an automated email wishing the user a Happy Birthday each birthday. I asked a moderator about this and he does not think this feature was disabled and has since passed it on to an IT person for investigation. I bring this to you the general forum membership to see if you have been getting the automated email Happy Birthday well wishes. Thoughts?

Edited by AlamoVampire

2 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I don't know, as I made my account last year. But if I did put my actual birthday in, I was probably away from the forums for that day so I didn't get it. And if it's your birthday @AlamoVampire, then happy birthday!

Thanks! My birthday was back in October :) I became a member on August 13 2013 and recall getting the automated email Happy Birthday well wishes each year except 2017 and 2018. Which is what prompted this thread/poll. 

Well the forum did have a large update in 2017 (where it changed the overall look of the website), but other than that I have no idea about this 'Birthday Email' (mainly because I believe I didn't get one)

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Well the forum did have a large update in 2017 (where it changed the overall look of the website), but other than that I have no idea about this 'Birthday Email' (mainly because I believe I didn't get one)

That was a total replacement of the forum software

1 hour ago, AlamoVampire said:

i remember that forum update and i also remember at first feeling a little sea sick from the changes as it all looked odd to my eyes, but, i grew accustomed to it. i wonder if that change of software did something to the birthday emails?

As far as I know, you can't set your birthdate in your profile, so that may be why. Maybe the feature was removed or something

4 minutes ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

I hope I get a Happy birthday notification I got mine from a few other forums through GMAIL.

If you make a post saying it's your birthday on the day of your birthday, we will all respond.

46 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

As far as I know, you can't set your birthdate in your profile, so that may be why. Maybe the feature was removed or something

You used to be able to do that. IIRC it was part of registration to the forum. I even recall seeing a section somewhere listing that months birthdays.

18 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

If you make a post saying it's your birthday on the day of your birthday, we will all respond.

And if you happen to be a minor and making the post, then it will get hidden for your safety. Please, everyone, keep your personal information private, for your own safety.

24 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

And if you happen to be a minor and making the post, then it will get hidden for your safety. Please, everyone, keep your personal information private, for your own safety.

Ye. I have my 'Cake Day' (March 24) when I joined the forums, and I will happily celebrate that, but I wont reveal my birthday or anything

Edited by The_Cat_In_Space

15 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Ye. I have my 'Cake Day' (March 24) when I joined the forums, and I will happily celebrate that, but I wont reveal my birthday or anything

Mine is the 25th of December, because that's when I got KSP and joined the forums.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:43 AM, Fraston said:

KSP Birthday? September the ninth, twenty seventeen.

Forum birthday? May the first, twenty eighteen.

Real birthday? 

Reveal hidden contents

HAH! MADE YOU LOOK! 

In all seriousness, I don’t share my birthdate. Sorry!

Hehe I nearly fell for that!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.