Mountain Height Finder.

ok i know there is already a post which describes the finding of mountain heights in Kearth but i i dont think they have done it in a systematic way. so i have put forward a challange to all of KSP forum to work together and to find the height of each major Mountain Chain

Download the map attached

the way we will do this is we can claim a continent or Mountain Chain each.

write down on the map what you have claimed and then upload the map.

once you have finished finding the height of each mountain chain

upload the height in meters on the map. (the highest point on each mountain chain)

i have already claimed what is circled in black.

get involved!

Thanks

Then I claim region #2 ;)

Calculating height:

1. Check at what height your lander* sit at launchpad.

2. Sole capsule sit at 33 meters, Lander_start_height-33=Lander_height.

3. Height-Lander_height=Mountain_Height.

*lander - final part landing on mountains

Am I right?

im under the impression that the capsule is 33 meters off sea level. i dont have time to investigate now but i think the original height is caused by the kerbal space centre being elevated.

the way you figure out the height of the pod should be placing another pod underneath your pod and minus 33

Argggg, I left my lander on course to region #2, bud I forgot to turn of the SAS, so I came back and saw it around 140 000 km from surface...somehow I mangaed to come back to surface, aroudn region #3 mountains, I tried to land at most southern mountains of region #2 but it apeard to me that I have no parachute... and my engine is simply to powerful for landing :/

even hovering is good enough. as long as you take an educated guesstimate

so far i have sort of taken the heights from

A 595m

B 650m

C 774m

D 450m

im going to verify C because it is considerably higher then the rest

This is excellent. I was doing an independent expedition, but now it looks like it got a whole lot easier :P I got around the same results as you did for your area. (all i was able to cover). I'm not gonna choose a specific area, I'll just float around and collect information and compare it to what pops up on here.

This is excellent. I was doing an independent expedition, but now it looks like it got a whole lot easier :P I got around the same results as you did for your area. (all i was able to cover). I'm not gonna choose a specific area, I'll just float around and collect information and compare it to what pops up on here.

well then would you be so kind to check all the letters for me and i will look into number 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.