Occupy Duna: A KSP Series by Project Essence

KnightofKessler

Sorry for the appearance of inactivity. We have complied the entirety of our footage. I apologize for not keeping our promise to release before the end of March, but due to unforeseen circumstances, the project has been delayed. We have set a date for the first compilation of the first draft of Episode 1, tomorrow in fact. I'll alert you all if this truly happens.

Sincerely,

Director of Project Essence

Episode 1 is live!

Episode 1 is the first of four installments of Season 1, Occupy Duna. 

After a rapid unscheduled disassembly of Jeb's launch vehicle, Jebediah Kerman is dead. In the aftermath, the culprits of the crime now must now question their loyalty to Sidory, and the Kraken. To be loyal is to be immoral......to be disloyal is to die. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a new installment of bi-weekly status updates on Project Essence's progress.

Lets start off with the progress on Episode 2:

1.       All voice actors have submitted their lines for Episode 2

2.       60% of crafts have been built for Episode 2. Unfortunately, we are running into difficulties with making Icarus Base using Kerbal Konstructs. Hopefully that will be resolved by May 12th, along with the completion of the rest of the crafts.

3.       Filming has been completed for 1 scene, and there are six more scenes left to go.

4.       Editing has begun on the scene that has been filmed. If you are a Senior Member on our Discord Server, you will see this prototype scene on the Senior Member Channel when it is completed.

5.       The soundtrack for Episode 2 will should also be complete by May 12th.

So, from the data we have available, we estimate that a release should be possible by mid-June. Anyway, as there looks to be a period between the 12th of May to Mid-June where most teams are idle. We are looking into options where we could employ these teams in making some bonus content.

We plan for this episode to be better than Episode 1, as this time we have started right off the bat after Episode 1’s release.  Some Project Essence history here: we went through over a month and a half of inactivity, and nonconstructive work right after Episode 0’s release, truly beginning work on Episode 1 by March. Just a bit of backstory which didn’t get out, and I only mention to contrast to how productive we are now as a team.

On the 13th, I’ll update everyone on how much we are on track for Episode 2 release. The bonus content’s script is currently being worked on, and I think we’ll keep the work on that under-wraps until after Episode 2’s release. In the meanwhile, if you want to join in on the work, feel free to go to #join-us and jump on. We need people with a good computer, who can edit or record KSP footage (what we call filming). On that note, I’ll send in the next announcement the 13th.

Sincerely, Peter - Project Essence Director

Edited by Alpha 360

Now for the bi-weekly announcement yet again.

So, with exams underway in most parts of the world, and as the large majority of KSP players are still in school or college, this has led to some inevitable delays. However, after this cautionary statement, I will say we have made some progress. So lets get down to business.

1. Our Scripting Team is soon to ratify the script for Episode 3, meaning that production will start on it soon.

2. Our Voice actor team has delivered their lines, and so when the script for Episode 3 is put into production they can start working on that at their leisure

3. I have some bad news. Our Crafts team has just about died, with only one active member still working on it. If you think you're a good craft builder, contact me via discord or forum message. We need new recruits in this area to help out. This is slowing down production of episode 2 presently, and will effect Episode 3 production if we don't do anything about it. 

4. The Filming team will soon receive a boost, but unfortunately due to lack of staff in the crafts team, it means that the filming team is stuck without anything to film :/. Though, that hasn't stopped them from "filming" another scene from since I last posted. 

5. The Soundtrack team has completed several of their assignments, and soon will finish the rest this week. 

6. The Editing team has edited one scene, and is editing the other scene recently filmed by our Filming Team. 

That's just about all. My next bi-weekly report will contain some more interesting details, but right now we are slowly climbing back into gear and hopefully will get back on our timeline. 

Sincerely, Peter Ray

Complaint: In the beginning of EP1, when the two Kerbals were talking, one of their neck bands (the loyal one with the black mustache) kept flashing on/off in between shots. An annoying detail, sorry if this made you feel bad, I just hate neckbands.

Biweekly Announcement #3 

I am proud to announce that OD Episode 2 production has ramped up smoothly. I can announce with full confidence that Episode 2 will be released on schedule, with only minor delays. So, lets get down to business.

1: Filming has completed over half of the footage necessary for episode 2. Great job @KSPFanatic102 and @KnightofKessler!

2. Music has been completed for episode 2. Music production will soon commence for Episode 3. 

3. We have a lot going on in our voice actor team. We have very recently acquired a new Voice Actor Coordinator, Cgrunau. He has decided that our previous voice recordings are inadequate in terms of the quality of the rest of the episode, and therefore he is working on getting all lines redone with greatest possible effort. I won't go into the details, but Cgrunau has promised to revolutionize the quality of our voice acting. For those who found Episode 0 & 1''s voice acting dull and bland, I hope this will fix that problem. 

4. Scripts are now working with Cgrunau on editing the Episode 2 script to improve the voice actor's lines. Episode 3 is practically written, but will probably go through extensive revision before we ratify it. 

5. Editing has finished another scene, though with all the voice lines being re-recorded, this means that editing will have to redo much of their previous scene drafts. Also, unfortunately, they are stuck in the middle of important tests the next week or two, leading to this area slowing down. If you are a video-editor in want of productive work to do, please consider sending me a message either on the footage, or at my discord here: Peter Ray#6787. 

6. Crafts team is behind again, but now the super helpful filming team is assisting craft production. This will mean the footage for episode 2 should be completed by hopefully June 9th at the earliest. 

Now, for the main announcement. You see, with the summer and everything comes summer vacation or a summer job. Something to occupy students such as myself all across the world. So, I will be traveling through the early part of June, from the 5th to the 15th, where I will be semi-active. Then, from the 15th I will be taking a break from my phone all the way until the 29th. I will be completely inactive for this period of time. Chriellex, my assistant director will also be busy in June. If this sounds negative, it kinda is.

But, I plan to allay this potential problem by appointing @bartekkru99 acting-director in my stead. I will be also giving each team leader a memo containing instructions for each team over the month, goals and such, as well as the authority in which to accomplish these goals. This is a great experiment, for if this works it means whenever I might be unavailable or my assistant director is busy, I can fall back on this technique.

That is most of it right there. I'll try to send an update on the 9th of June, but its not certain. 

Sincerely,

Peter Ray 

Edited by Alpha 360

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Episode 2 is here at long last! Sorry for production delays!

https://youtu.be/z2DAYNAA9RE

Bill Kerman moves to Duna to fill the role Jebediah had assigned him, only to realize that everything Jeb worked for in Icarus Base now was shattered. Rumors of excavations revealing mysterious artifacts from bygone times echo down the hallways of Icarus Base. Bill, hearing this rumors, now seeks to understand the truth behind these rumors, and whether they connect to Jebediah's death.

As you might have noticed, it took us four months to complete the last episode. This is because Occupy Duna has gone through some internal chaos, and has been falling apart since I briefly left the project in June. We have decided that Project Essence no longer has the capacity to continue working on such large projects such as Occupy Duna. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.