Formatting UniversalTime as years, days, etc. of specific planet -> how to calculate length of year?

Hello fellow developers.

My savegame mod provides the option to place timestamps into the savegame names, that use either real time ("yyyyMMdd_hhmmss") or game time in "years_days_hhmmss".

Unfortunately there seems to be no formatting method out of the box, to format game time with leading zeroes for years and days, which is a requirement to chronologically sort the savegames based on a gametime timestamp. (Of course I could just use the game time in seconds, but that is rather nondescript for humans.)

So I guess I'll have to write my own formatting method for years and days. This method needs values for the length of a day and a year of the games "home" planet (so that people with modded solar systems and/or relocated space centers aren't left out). The CelestialBody class provides the data for the length of the day of a planet, but I can't find values for the length of the year?

I have searched the forums and api docs but can't seem to find anything the would be helpful for me. The most relevant thing I could find were discussions about the discrepancies between kerbins solar and sidereal days and years...

If someone could point me to some information that helps me to calculate the length of the year of a planet, it would make me very happy. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.