Hello and is there humanized/realistic KSP mod/whatever?

Huita

Hello,

i love space games and all that jazz, and yet i couldn't make myself play KSP over the years for one simple reason:

cartoony style.

So, years passed, but searching didn't help me with any mod related to it (except for scott somebody head).

Soo...

1. Is there a mod to block visors and everything and stop seeing kerbals in general? Maybe pretend those are robots?

2. Is there a mod to replace them with human looking humans?

3. Is there a mod to make everything look realistic, in general?

Thanks.

Hello @Huita! Unfortunately Kerbal Space Program isn't supposed to be a state of the art graphical space simulator, (it's pretty much a game about building rockets and exploring other worlds), but there are a bunch of mods that can help you (RSS 'Real Solar System', RO 'Realism Overhaul' to name just two of them)

Hi, and welcome, @Huita

Kerbals are... kind of built into... KSP.  The stock parts, planets and buildings are all scaled to our little green chums.  Yes, there are plenty of mods that replace the planets with the real Solar System, tweak the physical parameters to suit, add multifarious new parts and even change the colour and appearance of the Kerbals' heads, suits and visors (and even a Kerbal Space Ponies mod that ... well... does what you think it would).

In stock, of course, you could just stick to un-kerballed missions...?

4 hours ago, Vexillar said:

Hi, and welcome, @Huita

Kerbals are... kind of built into... KSP.  The stock parts, planets and buildings are all scaled to our little green chums.  Yes, there are plenty of mods that replace the planets with the real Solar System, tweak the physical parameters to suit, add multifarious new parts and even change the colour and appearance of the Kerbals' heads, suits and visors (and even a Kerbal Space Ponies mod that ... well... does what you think it would).

In stock, of course, you could just stick to un-kerballed missions...?

Thanks and to be honest, even space ponies would look better than those green cucumbers. And that's saying something about my state of mind.

Can you name a few? I don't really want to stick to unmanned stuff.

16 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Hello @Huita! Unfortunately Kerbal Space Program isn't supposed to be a state of the art graphical space simulator, (it's pretty much a game about building rockets and exploring other worlds), but there are a bunch of mods that can help you (RSS 'Real Solar System', RO 'Realism Overhaul' to name just two of them)

Thanks, will check those out. I don't really need great graphics, i just don't like the cartoony warcraft3-like style in general.

16 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Welcome, @Huita!

I think this is what you're after:

Thanks, will try.

29 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I just realized I need textures for TextureReplacer to make every kerbal look like Marvin.

marvin.jpg?x=442&y=293&crop=1

That would actually work great!

16 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Hi. I don't use mods much so can't help you with that question, but welcome to the forum. :D

Well, thanks anyway.

4 hours ago, Huita said:

Can you name a few?

As @Geonovast already posted, Texture Replacer https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/96851-15x-texturereplacer-35-2112018/ provides the "engine" to replace the textures of suits and faces - though not changing the shapes.  There's a fork of that called Texture Replacer Replaced, but AFAIK that's not yet been updated for 1.5.1.

With that (those) mod(s), you'll also need a suit and/or heads pack to get what you want - either a suit that has an opaque visor, or use the reflection options to obscure the faces (at the cost of heavier graphics processing.  With the new kerbal/suit model introduced in KSP 1.5.x, none of the old packs will work.  Try these as a start: https://spacedock.info/mod/1986/[1.5] *New* Class color suits for Texture replacer  and https://spacedock.info/mod/1988/Klassic colored suits for KSP 1.5

Alternatively, the Space Ponies mod can be found here: https://spacedock.info/mod/352/Kerbal Space Ponies .  They're cute, but IMO even more cartoony than kerbalkind.

Enjoy!

Edited by Vexillar

On 11/9/2018 at 6:28 AM, Huita said:

Hello,

i love space games and all that jazz, and yet i couldn't make myself play KSP over the years for one simple reason:

cartoony style.

So, years passed, but searching didn't help me with any mod related to it (except for scott somebody head).

Soo...

1. Is there a mod to block visors and everything and stop seeing kerbals in general? Maybe pretend those are robots?

2. Is there a mod to replace them with human looking humans?

3. Is there a mod to make everything look realistic, in general?

Thanks.

SimpleRockets2, a game similar to ksp but without the kerbals was recently released into early access.

If you don't want Kerbals then its probably a good alternative.

• 2 years later...