Linear Drive (Stock Parts)

I like to stick to stock parts. The stock solutions for rotary drives, such as stock bearings, propeller motors and the like, are elegant and ingenious. I wanted to use something in one of my builds for powered linear motion and the new 'Inflatable Airlock' seemed to be a possible approach. Click for linear extension or retraction. Then use stock bearings and levers to adjust range of motion or torque. Just the ticket. But I found that nothing can be attached to the Port end of the Airlock while in build mode. Not even a cubic strut, which will attach to almost anything. Kind of like my first girl friend. But if I could attach even just the cubic strut to the Airlock I could build more cool things. Stock. I found a poor solution that requires 2 Airlocks, a Clamp-O-Tron and a cage surrounding the movable part but it seems a kluge (is that how you spell that?). So I want to be able to attach, in build mode, a part to the Port end of the 'Inflatable Airlock'. If I can. Please.

CIS... A part that can push and pull a chain of other parts gives me all kinds of good ideas. That Airlock, if you could attach something to the end could do just that. But, as much as I have tried, nothing seems to attach to the end of it. If I could attach the cubic thing-a-ma-whatsit then I could build a chain of parts to move the world.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.