A "KSP Loading..." Preview: Kerbodyne ADTP-2-3 Adapter revamp

SQUAD

This time around we want to show you the revamped Kerbodyne ADTP-2-3 adapter. Our artists remade its diffuse, normal, and specular texture maps, as well as included a brand new variant to accommodate both the orange Rockomax fuel tanks and the black and white Kerbodyne S3 fuel tank series.

tumblr_inline_phw325s6lz1rr2wit_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_phw325szyx1rr2wit_540.jpg

Click here for the high-res images

1 minute ago, Trekkie148 said:

Could you @SQUAD remove the painful beginning loading screen before you go into the game please because when I have a bunch of mods installed I have to wait 20 minutes for it to load. Please can you do my request?

Is that the pictures with the yellow loading bar that you're talking about?

40 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Well... Can't you do that with the part switching function? If not... I'd personally not see any issue with clipping some tanks into it.

I’m basically pushing for a S2-S3 fuel tank adapter, which has been missing from the game. Going from S3 to S3-Mk3 tank to Mk3-S2 tank to S2 doesn’t always work. Oh, and of course it (and pretty much all other tanks) needs a LF-only part variant. 

Just now, Trekkie148 said:

Yes talk about waiting to load realisum overhaull

So you want it to launch KSP and then go straight to the main menu. I'm sorry, but games take time to load, and especially when you have a lot of mods it takes a long time. 

Adapter prettified, looks good.

Variant request with LF(O): agreed. It's a lot of wasted space otherwise.

Additional request: hollow variant, with actual hollow collider. If there is one part in the entire game with potential for 'internal use'... this one has to be it. Please... hollow?

9 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Adapter prettified, looks good.

Variant request with LF(O): agreed. It's a lot of wasted space otherwise.

Additional request: hollow variant, with actual hollow collider. If there is one part in the entire game with potential for 'internal use'... this one has to be it. Please... hollow?

I agree @SQUAD, @UomoCapra, @Darth Badie.

1 hour ago, Trekkie148 said:

At least let it have a time for loading bar for the game

estimation.png

If coding timers for file loading/file transfer was easy, microsoft would've figured it out ages ago. Kerbal has to load the entire game into memory at the beginning as a result of how the game and the engine are designed. 

Also, concur

- make sure the model is updated so the narrow end is 2.5m exactly (it wasn't before, because the other tanks had lips and it was made with that in mind)
- hollow variant and/or fueled variant would be cool. i mean i've always clipped fuel tanks into it but y'know, if we're revamping it anyway
- MAYBE make a variant that has a service bay with doors? That would be a cool use of the internal volume.
- i will always advocate for a plain white/plane white version of each part that gets new skins.
-if we can't use mesh switching to make it hollow or fueled or a service bay since it's already using the variant system for paintjobs, maybe just permanently make it hollow, or a fuel tank, or whatever you choose.
- also the inside textures seem excessively dark.
- solid orange foam version so we can make the current version of SLS? These parts were all added in 0.23.5 as part of the Asteroid Redirect Mission partnership with NASA, based on SLS as proposed then, with the saturn-like paint scheme used to sell it to Congress. Now SLS is showing its true orange color. sls_rocket_evolution.jpg

Edited by Lupi

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Like 0% 50% 100%? 

yes. that's exactly what i mean.

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Like 0% 50% 100%? 

also could there be an orange variant to the colors on the SLS parts please? also can there be bigger solid rocket boosters please and better shuttle aerodynamics. because even if i empty out the tanks and use the build gizmos and tweak it to make it right, my shuttle stills goes on retrograde when I don't want it to because the vectors are probably to heavy... I don't know... I put the center of lift just a few inches behind the center of mass...  

4 hours ago, SQUAD said:
  tumblr_inline_phw325szyx1rr2wit_540.jpg

I really like this, specifically the dark edge border near the connection between the end cap and the side wall, which makes it more believeable that there is a interface in that spot.

4GxNst8.png

Good example would be my own slightly tweaked revamp 1.2m rocket tanks, where i added a similar edge myself since the default part lacked one and just magically made the end cap's material change into the wall material with no dark edge (which looks better when stacked as you can see where the parts end and begin when up close but still keeps it looking good at a distance as a solid unit).  Its not 100% authentic to reality, but it looks ages better then what the new parts ship like, and it was a technique used by porkjet to make part edges look less fake.

36 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

Maybe it'll be added in the future.

Also if you want new part variations, try putting it in Suggestions and Development Discussion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.