Fallout 76

Johnny Wishbone

Now that the Fallout 76 beta is officially closed and there is less than a week until launch, I'm curious to hear people's thoughts if they've been able to play the game and if their opinon has changed (good or bad) from when the game was announced.

Personally, I am a huge fan of the series and I was not a fan of the idea of Fallout 76 when the game was announced. In fact, I think I even commented in the earlier thread here about it saying I was not excited for it at all.  Having spent quite a bit of time in the beta (once it was made available to me), I can say that my opinion has completely changed and I'm very much looking forward to the game's release so I can play it more.

I think a lot of the initial backlash against the game when it was announced actually shocked Bethesda, and for once, they listened to people's complaints and criticisms. There were a lot of changes and improvements made in the last couple months that addressed most of the things people didn't like about the announced game. And those changes are a big part of the reason for my change of opinion from mostly negative at announcement to mostly positive now.

Also, any PS4 players looking for someone to team up with next week (and beyond), feel free to message me with your gamertag and we'll try to hook up in game. I've played mostly solo, but I can see how the game experience would change with multiple players actually working as a team and I'm curious to try that out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.