The Officially Unofficial 1.6 Discussion and Preview Thread

MR L A

With the death of KSP weekly we lost a great source of information on how the game is progressing. The information is still out there, just not in a single place so far as I have seen. So, with this thread I am attempting to compile the information we have so far for those of us that do not use other social media outlets as much as Squad might like us to.

As far as I am aware, there is no thread in the discussion or announcement or development sections that will be posting this information (I'll delete this thread if I've just missed it somehow). Also, a note to the mods: I believe this thread belongs in discussion rather than development for two reasons; first is this section's high visibility to the forum user-base, and secondly because I intend this thread to tread the same waters as the above 1.5 thread.

Also, I encourage users to post any additional news that I have missed in the comments!

p.s I am in NO WAY trying to take credit for Squad's work here!

EDIT: Please, if you have a Facebook account or any other of the social media website I post, PLEASE give the official Squad accounts a like an a follow, show them your support!

*********So, ON WITH THE NEWS.***********

1.6 and the part revamp continues! Part 1 [Original FaceBook Post here https://tinyurl.com/y937ybsx ]

45109414_2142134559139090_3935757740558744994483_2142134585805754_10412344663720

A nice Quality of life update here !

1.6 and the part revamp continues! Part 2 [Original FaceBook Post here https://tinyurl.com/yanaregn ]

45243674_2147090751976804_4319801771863045265410_2147090758643470_26210606835208

1.6 and the part revamp continues! Part 3 [Original FaceBook Post here https://tinyurl.com/y9rgx4gj ]

45705366_2158163164202896_6498209953193345600130_2158163144202898_78197672884788

Edited by MR L A
Promotion of Squad social media accounts

I do like all of the new textures and features that we've seen so far, and I am indeed looking forward to 1.6. Since I don't use any social media apart from the forum, and I'm sure many others don't either, this will be a very useful thread. Thanks @MR L A!

I did post this on the ADTP-2-3 revamp thread, but I think that the revamp of that part points toward a revamp of the 3.75m parts. I think that will be previewed soon, if it is a thing.

2 hours ago, MR L A said:

With the death of KSP weekly we lost a great source of information on how the game is progressing. The information is still out there, just not in a single place so far as I have seen. So, with this thread I am attempting to compile the information we have so far for those of us that do not use other social media outlets as much as Squad might like us to.

As far as I am aware, there is no thread in the discussion or announcement or development sections that will be posting this information

These previews are being posted in the Daily Kerbal subforum, for which you can receive notifications if you go there and use the "Follow" button:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/66-the-daily-kerbal/

YyRvivd.png

13 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

are being posted

I don’t believe I said they aren’t. What I’m saying is, they’re no longer posted in a single place with a single unifying title that we can all look out for, which was greatly convenient for all. 

But thanks for sharing, I’d never see one of the update posts on there before.. and I’m not particularly interested in following an entire section of the forum just to check if a post pertaining to 1.6 is made. That said, I am considering deleting this thread if it continues to be as superfluous as it now seems :)

9 minutes ago, MR L A said:

I don’t believe I said they aren’t. What I’m saying is, they’re no longer posted in a single place with a single unifying title that we can all look out for, which was greatly convenient for all. 

Sure, just letting you know that "us[ing] other social media outlets as much as Squad might like us to" isn't necessary.

9 minutes ago, MR L A said:

following an entire section of the forum

Of the last 7 threads, 5 are part previews. So the signal to noise ratio isn't too bad.

12 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Sure, just letting you know that "us[ing] other social media outlets as much as Squad might like us to" isn't necessary.

Of the last 7 threads, 5 are part previews. So the signal to noise ratio isn't too bad.

I think you might be right...

can a mod take this post down please ?

16 hours ago, MR L A said:

can a mod take this post down please ?

No, but we're happy to lock it for you.  :)

Note:  there are only a few of us and we can't come even close to reading every post in the forum.  (I just happened to see this post by accident.)  So if you need to get our attention, best way is to file a report-- e.g. here, you could have reported your own post with a "lock this please" or the like.  Reports are a misunderstood feature-- people tend to think of it as being only for "bad" things, whereas actually it's value-neutral.  It simply means "hey mods, take a look at this please."  But I digress.  ;)