A "KSP Loading..." Preview: The 48-7S “Spark” Liquid Fuel Engine revamp

SQUAD

The iconic 48-7S “Spark” Liquid Fuel Engine is getting a full-fledged aesthetic makeover! The geometry was redone from scratch and got brand new textures, too. The Spark Engine is also getting 3 different variants for players to choose from. Additionally we are adding a new emissive texture for the throttle animation that will make your ascents, transfers and landers look great!

tumblr_inline_phxuc0lp461rr2wit_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_phxu9osItL1rr2wit_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_phxuba9sHv1rr2wit_540.png

Click here for the high-res images.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Very nice, makes me want to use it again.

Curious, do the boattail parts have any extra weight, or it it merely for asthetics?

At the moment aesthetics and drag cubes, but bear in mind these are previews and stuff changes as it moves through QA, etc.

Wow!

I like it, a lot. Super marked improvement over the original, and it puts the variant system to good use! I can think of all sorts of uses for the bare version, and I'm sure that if this is a direct replacement, it'll still look great on stuff I've already got out there!

This is great! I really dig it.

2 hours ago, sh1pman said:

What’s the diameter of the “bare” version base?

I'd think the bare version is 0.625 meters and the other ones 1.25, otherwise the bare version would be the size of the 'Ant'.

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks @RoverDude for clarifying. That's really cool to have such small engines for clustering. Now all we need is the same treatment for the other stock engines.

Edited by T1mo98
Correction

6 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Nope, the other sizes are 0.625....  bare is around 0.3 give or take.  The spark is a small engine :)

Nice! Now I can easily cluster them to fill the power gap between 0.625m and 1.25m engines.

I hope other stock engines will eventually get bare variants for clustering.

Edited by sh1pman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.