EVE is not working on kopernicus!

Are just the clouds on Vassa missing?

Is there actually a config for Vassa which is recognized by EVE? The easiest way to check this would be to open the ingame editor of EVE, switch to the cloud manager and check if there is an entry for Vassa.

If everything looks fine there, a log file would be helpful :)

6 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Are just the clouds on Vassa missing?

Is there actually a config for Vassa which is recognized by EVE? The easiest way to check this would be to open the ingame editor of EVE, switch to the cloud manager and check if there is an entry for Vassa.

If everything looks fine there, a log file would be helpful :)

umm... all new bodies clouds are missing? vassa was just an example tho

14 minutes ago, AstralWither said:

umm... all new bodies clouds are missing? vassa was just an example tho

And have you checked the ingame editor for the config? You can acess the editor via the 'EVE' button in the tracking station or at the KSC. Should look like this:

6ZdZVnH.png

If there is no clouds config for any of the new planets, than you have to check your mod folder. The configs are supposed to be in 'GameData\OtherWorldsReboot\CercaniSystem\Clouds\clouds.cfg'. If this file is missing, reinstalling the mod should help.

If that doesn't help either, you can try my recompiled version of EVE for KSP 1.5.1 (assuming you play on KSP 1.5.1).

5 minutes ago, AstralWither said:

yes, I am!

oh and OPM does not have clouds either

Everything I wrote about the configs applies to OPM as well (and any other planet pack).

You might want to upload a log file, it should tell us whats wrong in your install. Take a look into this thread to find the correct log file:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running into the same (or a similar) issue. If EVE is installed with any config file (in my case, SVE), it works fine in stock, or with OPM installed. As soon as I add GPP, or Other Worlds, there are no clouds on any of the stock planets (or OPM) - just on GPP / Other Worlds. I looked through OtherWorlds's EVE config, and the files use planet names, not Flights GlobalIndex IDs or anything - and the OW config only mentions those worlds, and not any of the stock/OPM worlds. I tried combing through the EVE forums to find additional info on how it parses the config files, but no luck - either my Google Fu sucks this week, or it's buried somewhere I didn't find it.

Edit: might be an issue with my SVE install - EVE configs work fine with the same setup.

Edited by panarchist

8 hours ago, panarchist said:

I'm running into the same (or a similar) issue. If EVE is installed with any config file (in my case, SVE), it works fine in stock, or with OPM installed. As soon as I add GPP, or Other Worlds, there are no clouds on any of the stock planets (or OPM) - just on GPP / Other Worlds. I looked through OtherWorlds's EVE config, and the files use planet names, not Flights GlobalIndex IDs or anything - and the OW config only mentions those worlds, and not any of the stock/OPM worlds. I tried combing through the EVE forums to find additional info on how it parses the config files, but no luck - either my Google Fu sucks this week, or it's buried somewhere I didn't find it.

Edit: might be an issue with my SVE install - EVE configs work fine with the same setup.

If you run GPP, you should uninstall SVE and install GPP_Clouds instead. GPP_Clouds is bundled in the GPP download (in the optional mods folder) and it contains everything from SVE + a little bit more. Do not try to run both at the same time ;)

3 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

If you run GPP, you should uninstall SVE and install GPP_Clouds instead. GPP_Clouds is bundled in the GPP download (in the optional mods folder) and it contains everything from SVE + a little bit more. Do not try to run both at the same time ;)

Yeah, I've had both configurations before. Again, I need to get better detail - I'm going to remove Scatterer and pare it down to just Kopernicus/OPM/OW and SVE, and then try GPP/GPP_Clouds in place of OW and SVE. I have a feeling this is either a mod conflict or a legitimate issue, but if it's a legitimate issue, I need better info so I can take it to the correct forum / github to be addressed.

25 minutes ago, panarchist said:

Yeah, I've had both configurations before. Again, I need to get better detail - I'm going to remove Scatterer and pare it down to just Kopernicus/OPM/OW and SVE, and then try GPP/GPP_Clouds in place of OW and SVE. I have a feeling this is either a mod conflict or a legitimate issue, but if it's a legitimate issue, I need better info so I can take it to the correct forum / github to be addressed. 

Well, I can run OPM, GPP (+ GPP secondary), OW and scatterer on the same install and get clouds for each of these planet packs, so this is probably a mod conflict in your case or something is not installed properly.
SVE is not installed but GPP_Clouds otherwise there is nothing special about it.

Like I've already suggested to AstralWither, you can check the ingame EVE editor which may give you a hint where the issue is located.
If the editor displays something like 'invalid name' -> the config isn't loaded at all and probably wrong installed or something else prevents it from loading.
If it displays some entries but some are marked red -> from filepath/non existing texture, so you should check the filepath in your GameData folder.

40 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Well, I can run OPM, GPP (+ GPP secondary), OW and scatterer on the same install and get clouds for each of these planet packs, so this is probably a mod conflict in your case or something is not installed properly.
SVE is not installed but GPP_Clouds otherwise there is nothing special about it.

Like I've already suggested to AstralWither, you can check the ingame EVE editor which may give you a hint where the issue is located.
If the editor displays something like 'invalid name' -> the config isn't loaded at all and probably wrong installed or something else prevents it from loading.
If it displays some entries but some are marked red -> from filepath/non existing texture, so you should check the filepath in your GameData folder.

Right, that's why I've pared everything down to just the relevant mods. This ain't my first rodeo. ;-)

I typically run 70-85 mods, so that was the first thing. So far, everything is still pointing to SVE being the common thread. And SVE runs fine until and only until another planet pack is installed other than OPM. (which SVE has support for) As I indicated earlier, when I have concrete information which allows easy reproduction and root cause, I'll pull that into the relevant forum. Thanks for the suggestions, those are always good things to check - no red entries, but I'll look again through each of the cloud layers for any 'invalid name' errors.

Edit: Other Worlds is throwing an exception in Kopernicus on load. I didn't see it previously, but with a clean install of all items, that's what's currently showing up in the logs.

Edited by panarchist
addt'l info

Right, that's why I've pared everything down to just the relevant mods. This ain't my first rodeo. ;-) 

I typically run 70-85 mods, so that was the first thing.

That's actually already pretty good to break down the issue from ~80 mod to just ~5 of them :) I just tried to replicate the issue so I can provide more help but like I said, it's working fine for me...

until another planet pack is installed other than OPM. (which SVE has support for)

When I tried OPM + GPP + SVE it wasn't working porperly, that's right and the EVE ingame editor clearly showed to me, that EVE tried to use the SVE configs for the GPP planets but there are no entries in there. As soon as I uninstalled SVE and installed GPP_clouds instead, it worked fine though.

There is something you can try, even though I don't expect any difference, but I'm curious:

Go to 'GameData/OtherWorldsReboot/CeraniSystem/Clouds/clouds.cfg' and add an '@' to the very first line so it says:

@EVE_CLOUDS

This should merge the OW clouds.cfg with the clouds.cfg of other planets packs like GPP, instead of running two different configs. There should not be any difference but it's worth a try, I guess :)

edit: BTW SVE is missing a cloud texture for Thatmo (OPM) but GPP_Clouds got it.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

20 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

That's actually already pretty good to break down the issue from ~80 mod to just ~5 of them :) I just tried to replicate the issue so I can provide more help but like I said, it's working fine for me...

When I tried OPM + GPP + SVE it wasn't working porperly, that's right and the EVE ingame editor clearly showed to me, that EVE tried to use the SVE configs for the GPP planets but there are no entries in there. As soon as I uninstalled SVE and installed GPP_clouds instead, it worked fine though.

There is something you can try, even though I don't expect any difference, but I'm curious:

Go to 'GameData/OtherWorldsReboot/CeraniSystem/Clouds/clouds.cfg' and add an '@' to the very first line so it says:

@EVE_CLOUDS

This should merge the OW clouds.cfg with the clouds.cfg of other planets packs like GPP, instead of running two different configs. There should not be any difference but it's worth a try, I guess :)

edit: BTW SVE is missing a cloud texture for Thatmo (OPM) but GPP_Clouds got it.

Yep, I think you've got it there. I only have issues with SVE. GPP_Clouds and OW works fine (except when I tried to use GPP_Clouds without the rest of GPP). SVE and GPP does not work, SVE and OW does not work. Pretty sure my earlier issues were due to using SVE instead of GPP_Clouds with GPP. (I also use GPP_Secondary) Thanks again for the input, that definitely helped isolating things.

15 minutes ago, panarchist said:

(except when I tried to use GPP_Clouds without the rest of GPP)

This would require some config tweaking but it's possible. For example: If you want to use GPP_Clouds for the stock system, change the very first line of 'StockClouds.cfg' (in GPP_Couds) from

@EVE_CLOUDS:AFTER[GPP]:NEEDS[GPP_Secondary,!GEP_Primary]

to

EVE_CLOUDS

If you want to add OPM as well, edit the very first line of 'OPMClouds.cfg' (also in GPP_Clouds) from:

@EVE_CLOUDS:AFTER[GPP]:NEEDS[OPM,!PoodsOPMVO]

to

@EVE_CLOUDS:NEEDS[OPM]

Maybe you are not familiar with the MM synatax so the short explanation for this is: these changes removes GPP as a required MOD for GPP_Clouds :)

15 minutes ago, panarchist said:

Thanks again for the input, that definitely helped isolating things.

You're welcome :) I hope you can fix the issue for your install now :) 

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

4 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

This would require some config tweaking but it's possible. For example: If you want to use GPP_Clouds for the stock system, change the very first line of 'StockClouds.cfg' (in GPP_Couds) from

@EVE_CLOUDS:NEEDS[OPM]

Maybe you are not familiar with the MM synatax so the short explanation for this is: these changes removes GPP as a required MOD for GPP_Clouds :)

You're welcome :) I hope you can fix the issue for your install now :) 

Haha - I'm familiar, but I totally missed the MM condition, which makes total sense.

I'm good - removed SVE, reinstalled GPP+optionals (which I wanted in that install to begin with), and I'm good to go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.