Need help in removing mod craft files

I've been trying to delete craft files that were included with mods I've uninstalled long ago, but whenever I try to get the stock craft files back via verify file integrity,  the mod craft files keep returning when I start the game! Any help appreciated.

14 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Knowing which mod is going to be pretty critical here... I'm not aware of any mods that force craft files on you.  Even if they did, restoring stock ones shouldn't affect it.

Are you deleting the stock ships out of their folder?

Yes I'm deleting them from the ships folder in the main folder on steam. The uninstalled mods that have added their own craft files are Dr. Jet's ChopShop, probes plus, and Raidernick's russian spacecraft, and I installed downloaded craft files for BDB.

I don't know on that.

I'm curious as to why you're removing the stock craft, and then trying to get them back.

Including the stock craft is a game setting you choose when you create a new save. 

I would also look in the mod folders themselves and delete the included craft file.... those ships have to be coming from somewhere, and the mod isn't going to literally copy them into the stock craft folder.

48 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I don't know on that.

I'm curious as to why you're removing the stock craft, and then trying to get them back.

Including the stock craft is a game setting you choose when you create a new save. 

I would also look in the mod folders themselves and delete the included craft file.... those ships have to be coming from somewhere, and the mod isn't going to literally copy them into the stock craft folder.

I'm just trying to get rid of all the mod craft files because they're somewhat hard to differentiate from the stock game craft files. Also, I forgot to mention that I was playing sandbox mode when I noticed this happening; it isn't impacting my career/science mode games at all, but I find when I'm trying to test out a new spacecraft design, the crafts from mods that I don't have installed anymore show up, and there are a lot of them!

1 hour ago, mr. engino said:

I'm just trying to get rid of all the mod craft files because they're somewhat hard to differentiate from the stock game craft files. Also, I forgot to mention that I was playing sandbox mode when I noticed this happening; it isn't impacting my career/science mode games at all, but I find when I'm trying to test out a new spacecraft design, the crafts from mods that I don't have installed anymore show up, and there are a lot of them!

I believe under settings, you can elect to show stock vessels or not in the load window.   I think this applies to mod vessels too.  

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

I believe under settings, you can elect to show stock vessels or not in the load window.   I think this applies to mod vessels too.  

I know. What my problem is is that some craft files that were included with some mods keep showing up even though those mods have been removed!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.