Recommended Posts

What if...

Your Engine flamed out for whatever reason, or your SAS controls are broken because...

Whatever?

I have this idea, if these things ever get expanded, which is...

Having Engineers be able to fix things! Self-explanatory, they fix SAS stuff and more! :cool:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums!

Good suggestion, I also feel that Engineers should be able to fix more things!

Perhaps max level Engineers could have a sort of "duct tape" ability where they just make things work regardless of problem or shortages but for a very short time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Welcome to the forums!

Good suggestion, I also feel that Engineers should be able to fix more things!

Perhaps max level Engineers could have a sort of "duct tape" ability where they just make things work regardless of problem or shortages but for a very short time?

:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that seems to be a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.    In order for this to do any good, we'll need a part system failure in stock, and that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, solar panels can break; Engineers can't repair those.

Pretty much anything "deployable" can break but Engineers can only fix gear and wheels.

I think we should at least expand their repair abilities to all deployable objects.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Well, solar panels can break; Engineers can't repair those.

Pretty much anything "deployable" can break but Engineers can only fix gear and wheels.

I think we should at least expand their repair abilities to all deployable objects.

I've always thought they should have more to do.  I also think, though, that in order to re-pack chutes, fix extendable solar panels, etc, they should have to have some sort of "kit" available.  It wouldn't necessarily be as in depth as a KIS situation, but a part on on the craft that has "kits" as a resource.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Well, solar panels can break; Engineers can't repair those.

Pretty much anything "deployable" can break but Engineers can only fix gear and wheels.

I think we should at least expand their repair abilities to all deployable objects.

I think so too!

4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I've always thought they should have more to do.  I also think, though, that in order to re-pack chutes, fix extendable solar panels, etc, they should have to have some sort of "kit" available.  It wouldn't necessarily be as in depth as a KIS situation, but a part on on the craft that has "kits" as a resource.

I like a kit, like a mini toolbox they have to hold in order to fix a few things!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now