Engineering Idea

16 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Welcome to the forums!

Good suggestion, I also feel that Engineers should be able to fix more things!

Perhaps max level Engineers could have a sort of "duct tape" ability where they just make things work regardless of problem or shortages but for a very short time?

:D

5 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Well, solar panels can break; Engineers can't repair those.

Pretty much anything "deployable" can break but Engineers can only fix gear and wheels.

I think we should at least expand their repair abilities to all deployable objects.

I've always thought they should have more to do.  I also think, though, that in order to re-pack chutes, fix extendable solar panels, etc, they should have to have some sort of "kit" available.  It wouldn't necessarily be as in depth as a KIS situation, but a part on on the craft that has "kits" as a resource.

4 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Well, solar panels can break; Engineers can't repair those.

Pretty much anything "deployable" can break but Engineers can only fix gear and wheels.

I think we should at least expand their repair abilities to all deployable objects.

I think so too!

4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I've always thought they should have more to do.  I also think, though, that in order to re-pack chutes, fix extendable solar panels, etc, they should have to have some sort of "kit" available.  It wouldn't necessarily be as in depth as a KIS situation, but a part on on the craft that has "kits" as a resource.

I like a kit, like a mini toolbox they have to hold in order to fix a few things!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.