Maneuver Node Fine Adjustment

For prograde/normal/radial fine adjustments just hover and mouse wheel. Excellent! But not if I want to fine adjust the timing of the node on the orbital path. I can hover on the node and drag it forward or back on the orbital path but can not use the mouse wheel for fine adjustment. I would like to be able to fine adjust the time of the node using the mouse wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

This was probably discussed before, but I wanted to say that the scroll behavior is frustrating. I usually need to ZOOM and not fine tuning. I never used the scroll to change a maneuver node, on the contrary, I usually have all icons overlapped so it is difficult to see what are you clicking (or scrolling) so I have to Zoom-in and sometimes I end up screwing the node by changing something I'm not even sure of.

I couldn't find a way to change the node scale like we can do with the nav ball. It would really please me to change  this: <---o--->  to this:  <--------------o---------------> (I think you get what I mean, else I'll make a tiny graph with ms paint)

Also, I read here in the forums that you can muffle RCS thrusters by using caps lock. It is quite useful for some light ships that RCS thrusters are too much. It would be a good idea to be able to "muffle" maneuver nodes sensibility with caps lock?

Regards!

On 11/11/2018 at 4:47 AM, KerbService said:

But not if I want to fine adjust the timing of the node on the orbital path. I can hover on the node and drag it forward or back on the orbital path but can not use the mouse wheel for fine adjustment.

You can hold the node immobile (as for dragging) and its time will be shifting at some 10s per second.

10 hours ago, Sharpy said:

You can hold the node immobile (as for dragging) and its time will be shifting at some 10s per second.

Thanks... I tried what I thought you meant but no joy. I am using the PC version and the UI for the nodes is consistent on the X-Y-Z axes but not the T adjustment where only dragging is allowed. Adjustments while dragging on the X-Y-Z axes of the node remain consistent no matter the zoomed distance from the active node. But the rate of change of T when dragging the entire node is greatly affected by the distance zoomed away from the node.  Hover and adjust on T would make the UI fully consistent and handy for adjusting timing on nodes well zoomed out in the background. It is on my wish list.

On 11/20/2018 at 11:22 AM, Woodsielord said:

I couldn't find a way to change the node scale like we can do with the nav ball. It would really please me to change  this: <---o--->  to this:  <--------------o--------------->

That could make life easier as well.

1 minute ago, KerbService said:

Thanks... I tried what I thought you meant but no joy. I am using the PC version and the UI for the nodes is consistent on the X-Y-Z axes but not the T adjustment where only dragging is allowed. Adjustments while dragging on the X-Y-Z axes of the node remain consistent no matter the zoomed distance from the active node. But the rate of change of T when dragging the entire node is greatly affected by the distance zoomed away from the node.  Hover and adjust on T would make the UI fully consistent and handy for adjusting timing on nodes well zoomed out in the background. It is on my wish list.

That could make life easier as well.

Try this: Set up a perfect plane matching maneuver, as good as you can. Then just grab the node as for dragging and don't move it anywhere, just hold it - and see how AN and DN markers crawl - the node is moving.

If you really want precise adjustments, just install PreciseManeuver or PreciseNode.

12 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

Try this: Set up a perfect plane matching maneuver, as good as you can. Then just grab the node as for dragging and don't move it anywhere, just hold it - and see how AN and DN markers crawl - the node is moving. 

If you really want precise adjustments, just install PreciseManeuver or PreciseNode.

Good call... Just tried that. Hover, Click and hold, do not drag. It does advance T in very fine increments. So I clicked in various parts of the node circle to see if it was possible to retard T. That did not work. And no way to affect the rate of change. All of that adjustment works for the other axes. Routing the mouse wheel events for any hover activated part of the node (in this case just adding T) should be a trivial code change. I live in hope.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.