RIP Stan Lee

Geonovast

;.;

I am so sad... he was my idol as a writer.
More then any other writer, I've tried to follow Stan's advice when I'm writing Emiko Station...
This is one of the clips I found on YouTube... and I follow this religiously with anything I write.

RIP, sir... you will be missed.

Edited by Just Jim

I kinda wanted to meet him too....

I can't say I'm surprised either, but it still feels out of nowhere. One moment I'm refreshing subscriptions, the next I see a youtube thumbnail with Stan Lee - 1922, 2018 :(

Thank you Stan, for all the heroes you helped give us. You helped us dream of worlds more fantastic than this. Excelsior

Edited by Spaceception

Excelsior!

Stan Lee has used "excelsior" as his signature sign-off line for decades, and it's largely permeated the comic book industry's collective subconscious. Lee, when asked, will usually define the word as meaning "onward and upward to greater glory."

17 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Press F to pay respects. It's an internet thing, I don't know...

Actually I believe it's an abbreviation of a certain four letter word being used to express disbelief.

Edited by Geonovast

On 11/13/2018 at 9:45 AM, p1t1o said:

I believe he has pre-recorded them for the 2019 releases.

What is "F"?

The F thing is from a cal of duty opening cutscene: you have to press F to pay respects to a fallen soldier. People do it whenever something bad happens or someone dies. It sounds really shallow, but most people just use it when they are really feeling sorry for something.

F :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.