Pilot deufrai : introduction

deufrai

Hi there

A quick introduction after less than 10 hours into stock career mode.

French guy, starting to grow grey hair, amateur astronomer and astrophotography enthusiast, I stumbled into KSP just a few days ago and already got to learn so much about ships and orbital mechanics. Thanks, among others, to many good YT videos.

Gamewise, I achieved my first Mun flyby with maneuver nodes but without any SAS, as I decided to send a scientist up there to boost my tech tree progression.

This 'Welcome Aboard" forum description states that this is the right place to get quick tips, so here I go :

The Pilot I used to fly (jebediah) died after having achieved Kerbin orbit, put the Sputnik in high Kerbin orbit and also gained SAS ability + prograde + retrograde. He then resurrected according to my 'Normal' difficulty set level and settings. But those 3 abilities are gone.

What is the best way to regain those abilities ? I assume redoing what he already achieved won't do the job and that I'm better off hiring a new pilot and make him gain those abilities quickly before aiming to further targets. Is that assumption correct ?

Anyway, clear skies to all :)

Welcome to the forum, @deufrai

Any kerbal, Jeb included, becomes level 1 on first orbit - regardless if they have been resurrected.  Experience makes all classes better at their jobs.  There is a rundown on the wiki that explains the requirements and abilities: https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Experience

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I did acutally see the wiki page you mentionned.

My interrogation is : as Jeb gained level 1 on his firt orbit before he died, will he gain level 1 again if I put him as Pilot of a ship I send in orbit ?