Literally every text replaced with #autoloc And then random numbers.

You may have accidentally dragged your KSP/GameData/Squad/Localization folder out of its proper location or deleted it while trying to install a mod. This folder contains all the language-specific strings that are supposed to replace the #autoloc_XXXXX strings. If you're on Steam, try validating the local file cache.

I do know that that text is localization data. The game is supposed to cross reference it with the files that contain the text.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that you accidentally deleted the folder containing the data. If you're on Steam, a quick verifying of local files should fix it. If not, re-unzipping your install zip should do the trick.

EDIT: NINJA'D! :ph34r:

Edited by 5thHorseman

35 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

You may have accidentally dragged your KSP/GameData/Squad/Localization folder out of its proper location or deleted it while trying to install a mod. This folder contains all the language-specific strings that are supposed to replace the #autoloc_XXXXX strings. If you're on Steam, try validating the local file cache.

I tried using backups, But somehow, It still didn't work..

1 hour ago, siklidkid said:

So, i was just downloading a mod, But when i opened ksp, All of the text was replaced with #autoloc Then random numbers... And also i realized, Hacks don't work! Does anyone know how to fix this?

But, When i first downloaded the mod.. all of my mods said they weren't compatible.. And then that is when i took all of the mods out, i may have took a important folder out. I Tried backups, But backups didn't help at all.

46 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I do know that that text is localization data. The game is supposed to cross reference it with the files that contain the text.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that you accidentally deleted the folder containing the data. If you're on Steam, a quick verifying of local files should fix it. If not, re-unzipping your install zip should do the trick.

EDIT: NINJA'D! :ph34r:

It didn't work, but thanks for the help! :D

How did you install the mod? Manually or with the help of any tool?

If you use the twitch launcher to install mods, get rid of it...it is crap and I know at least one case where the launcher messed up with every single install of KSP, even a fresh downloaded version and the result was exactly the same localization issue.

Just now, Geonovast said:

What was the fix?  Posting what had happened and how you fixed it may help someone searching in the future.

There was something that happened to ksp on Steam, I could not launch it on Steam, so i had to do open on the kerbal to launch ksp. But then i launched it on steam, And it worked!

7 hours ago, siklidkid said:

There was something that happened to ksp on Steam, I could not launch it on Steam, so i had to do open on the kerbal to launch ksp. But then i launched it on steam, And it worked!

Sounds like you were missing a folder (likely that localization folder) and Steam autofixed it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Had this issue as well - uninstalling all downloaded content from the workshop didn't work, so I validated the game files (for the hundredth time), uninstalled the DLC (via Steam), and launched the game from the KSP_x64.exe file in the file system rather than through Steam.  After many months trying, it finally launched correctly.  

Edit: Looks like it's something with how Steam launches the game.  After re-installing the DLC(via Steam), it still launched (via Steam) with AUTOLOC error, but (after re-acquiring files) it launched without the error when I ran KSP_x64.exe directly.  

Edited by LifeGeek99

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.