How do i updated mod Myself

Mukita12

That entirely depends on the mod you want to update, but I'd say your first step should be to wildly rethink your expectations. "I have Notepad++" is about as relevant to most mods as saying "I use the mouse with my left hand" - that's nice for you, but it's unlikely to matter.

If you're looking to update add-ons with .dll files then the questions you need to answer are what programming languages are you familiar with? Which development environments? You're going to need to understand the basics of Unity, C+, maybe C#.

Parts mods will require expertise in 3D modelling software and 2D graphics for skins, with programming skill on top if you want anything animated. (Updating an existing parts mod is generally much easier, if anything needs changing at all; most simple parts made in the last 2-3 years still work as intended with little or no modification.)

The most basic mods rely solely on repurposing existing assets by using ModuleManager or PatchManager .cfg files. This is where your Notepad++ skills might be worth something, but again there's rarely a need to update these.

ETA: On reflection, I have come across much harsher than I intended. It's a worthy goal, but I just think you've not fully understood what's involved in such an undertaking; if you still want to give it a go, I wish you the best of luck!

Edited by JH4C
Because *waves hands* things, and stuff.

15 hours ago, JH4C said:

That entirely depends on the mod you want to update, but I'd say your first step should be to wildly rethink your expectations. "I have Notepad++" is about as relevant to most mods as saying "I use the mouse with my left hand" - that's nice for you, but it's unlikely to matter.

If you're looking to update add-ons with .dll files then the questions you need to answer are what programming languages are you familiar with?

My Programming language that i'm familiar is c#

Okay then, for now I'd start with the C# Development subforum, dig through everything you can understand there. Look up some mods that you like, see if their source is on GitHub or something and have a read of the code to see how they do what they do, then move on to an outdated piece of code from an older, no longer supported mod and see if you can get it working; if you're lucky, you might also be able to find code from a mod that's already been adopted, and then you can make direct comparisons between what used to work and what works now.

8 hours ago, JH4C said:

Okay then, for now I'd start with the C# Development subforum, dig through everything you can understand there. Look up some mods that you like, see if their source is on GitHub or something and have a read of the code to see how they do what they do, then move on to an outdated piece of code from an older, no longer supported mod and see if you can get it working; if you're lucky, you might also be able to find code from a mod that's already been adopted, and then you can make direct comparisons between what used to work and what works now.

Ok thanks for the tips 

Oh yeah, that is a wonderful mod.  I have used it in the past but I have not tried it in 1.5.

A good place to start your work would be in that mod's thread, describe the problems you are having because other people who use it might have found solutions already or help you figure out what needs to be done. 

Often times part mods still work even if the modder has not updated the version number on the thread, but new versions of KSP have been known to break things in weird ways.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.