KSP's Other Lauchsites

This setting that allows you to had them or not.

If you allow them, but do not "Enable Comm Network" , these sites still have communication?

Is there a way to turn on their communications?

I am attempting to have a challenging career and only rely on KSC along with orbit or player created ground relays.

thanks

11 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I play with extra ground stations turned off and no, the other launch sites do not provide any coverage or relay/signal capability.

This seems like a pretty basic question and I would think, that if I:

1.) Enable Comm Network
2.) Disabled the ground stations
3.) Allow other Lauchsites

That when an unmanned craft flew over the dessert , that there would be no signal , but I am getting one.

ZJphmJU.png
xQ7tVeM.png

16 minutes ago, bewing said:

They have short range antennas built into the launch sites so that you can launch a probe into orbit. The antennas do not have Tracking Station level power.

They do?!?!  Man!  I was checking saves, checking settings ... 

To the best of anyones know how, there is no way to have the "site" and no antenna?

Edited by gamerscircle

18 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

They do?!?!  Man!  I was checking saves, checking settings ... 

To the best of anyones know how, there is no way to have the "site" and no antenna?

I'd be hacky and hard but disable them, install Kerbal Konstructs, and use those sites :D

But if the site only has a short-range antenna that seems reasonable. I expect you can't talk to it from anywhere useful, just LKO.

On 11/15/2018 at 7:50 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I guess you'll have to disable the other launch sites then, not like they are really good for anything.

This doesn't actually work.  I play with extra groundstations and extra launch sites off and they still communicate using short range antennas.  The extra launch sites still appear on the map, you just can't load from the VAB/SPH to them.

Edited by overkill13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.