Why The_Cat_in_Space can't update their game (Split from an unrelated thread.)

Just now, Geonovast said:

Uh... why not?

Well I don't have Steam, the launcher is obviously broken, and for some reason whenever I try to update it the thing glitches out. Every single time, so I just gave up

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Well I don't have Steam, the launcher is obviously broken, and for some reason whenever I try to update it the thing glitches out. Every single time, so I just gave up

So don't "update" it.  Most people don't.  Just go download the newest version and install it alongside your 1.0.0 install.

Just now, Geonovast said:

So don't "update" it.  Most people don't.  Just go download the newest version and install it alongside your 1.0.0 install.

But if I do that then I will have to start all over again with my progress

2 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

And then proceed to have all my craft broken as they use the old Mk1 cockpit and Mk1-2 command pod

Most if not all old parts are deprecated and hidden, but are still in the game. Crafts that use them will still work and load with the old parts   

Hey, you can always try and see and if you don’t like it , go back to your old install 

Edited by StrandedonEarth

2 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Most if not all old parts are deprecated and hidden, but are still in the game. Crafts that use them will still work and load with the old parts   

Hey, you can always try and see and if you don’t like it , go back to your old install 

Ok, I'll try it

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

A pile of posts have been moved here from the unrelated thread where they were submitted. Carry on. 

Ok. You got me worried! The first time I saw this I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? But now I see your post and understand

On 11/20/2018 at 5:15 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Please find a bit of text in one of these posts that supports this. I don't see why that really matters.

FYP ;)

But back to your.... I guess your question...  I got into the habit of never carrying saves over between versions.  Back in the alpha days, it was guaranteed to break a save, so I never did.    So just bite the bullet, and install the latest version as a separate install, and start a new game.   The beginning of the game is pretty fun too.... 

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

FYP ;)

But back to your.... I guess your question...  I got into the habit of never carrying saves over between versions.  Back in the alpha days, it was guaranteed to break a save, so I never did.    So just bite the bullet, and install the latest version as a separate install, and start a new game.   The beginning of the game is pretty fun too.... 

Nah, I'm all good. I'll keep my version

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.