Kerbal Nursery Mod Idea (Help Needed)

Mr.GReAt

First I would like to say two things the mod's name would be Kerbal Nursery and this is not supposed to be a Civilian Population knockoff. My mod is similar with the goal, it has the ability to make more kerbals however takes a completely different path and is intended to also have less parts. 

It does not require kerbals present at all times to make more rather it requires resources: Keeds, Soil and Pollen (this plays on the assumption that kerbals are plant animal hybrids) making these into kerbals by putting them in little incubation chambers and growing them. It would however require kerbals present to get more of each of those except for soil which would come from the ground(of course).

I feel a little embarrassed to ask for help because I have not done it before. if you completely hate this idea please go easy on me and please stay mature about it, if you wish to help me please either comment below or preferably I will see it much faster if you PM my discord TyrantTITANIUM#6970 (do NOT PM me from here unless you want to help or ask and decide if you want to help and we can talk, if you wish to harshly criticize my idea please don't PM me and keep it here) I am also fairly decent at 3D modelling but I don't know everything.

Before Valentina was added someone was theorizing that Kerbals were similar to mushrooms and that the puff of smoke you saw when they died was actually a cloud of spores. This does sound interesting and at first glance I'm thinking you may be able to get most of the way there with config files - use the resource converter to change your inputs into a custom resource. You would need a dll to monitor the custom resource and spawn a kerbal if room (crew capacity) was available on you part - you might want it to also require a set amount of time. For starters you might work at creating a nursery part and getting it in game. Good luck!

On 11/16/2018 at 9:36 PM, wasml said:

Before Valentina was added someone was theorizing that Kerbals were similar to mushrooms and that the puff of smoke you saw when they died was actually a cloud of spores.

Yep and I'm theorizing that they are plants (or at least plant cells and animal cells at the same time) because of their green skin and lack of need for food. Their skin could give them some of their nutrients from the sun using the chloroplast organelles in their skin cells. That would not however mean they could live indefinitely without an alternate source of food but probably a very long time. That could also be an interesting explanation as to why they are slightly more gee force tolerant. Plants also still require 2 sexes to procreate and it would not have to be super inappropriate for shall we say younger kerbalnauts.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.