Jacob's Planet Compendium

JacobJHC

Hello all,

Recently I have begun making planets, and I now am close to having them ready to release. But until then I am going to show development here.

Remember, there are more pictures and more development to come! Any suggestions for future additions are welcome!

Progress on Planets (Red = unstarted/unusable, Yellow = In development but not 100% finished yet, Green = Full functional, ready for release)

- Carnage: A strange, small moon that looks like something out of a horror movie. Dark, red ravines and plains make it look as if the planet was lashed and is now bleeding.

- Rinkeutov: A mid-sized desert world with an oxygen atmosphere and brown rusty oceans.

• Mustletoff: Rinkeutov's first moon. Seems to have formed from materials in Rinkeutov's crust. What happened there?

- Ripple: A small moon that appears to have been stretched and twisted around it's equator, hence the name 'Ripple'.

-

- Plod: If humans lived in the Kerbol system, it would be called 'Sedna'. This strange dwarf planet orbits in such an elliptical orbit that no Kerbal has even considered sending a probe their, probably because Plod left them on red and continued on it's multi-century orbit.

• Ninkle: A small, but undeniably fun moon around Plod. It has a deep basin, and what appears to be a spire on its north pole.
  • Oob: A moon about half the size of Plod, forming a binary system. This moon looks a lot like Minmus, with several giant flats covering the world.
  • Tebos: A captured Kuiker belt object.
  • Lia: A very jagged moon with very low gravity, but several entertaining pits to explore.

- Cryode: An interesting world with bluish-green sands and a sludgy purple ocean.

- Moveaturn: With a whopping five Gs of gravity, and a hazy, yellow atmosphere sixty times thicker than Kerbin's, there seems to be no plausible way to reach it's surface. However, there does seem to be a giant mountain near it's equator, sloping up all the way to the upper atmosphere. Perhaps if you could land on that, you just might make it home. Thanks for the idea @Saturn_The_Planet!

• Oran: Another small desert like planet with oceans, except these are green. It orbits Moveaturn, with Durr orbiting it.
    • Durr: An odd moon that is in a surprisingly circular orbit around Oran.

Development Pictures:

The Plod System (Sedna with moons):

Spoiler

nRyuae1.png

BV9v1KF.png

vZbUj5k.png

Carnage:

Spoiler

n5Be299.png?1mtS7Cfx.pngK0Vf0mM.png

Cryode:

Spoiler

27OH2UI.png

Durr:

Spoiler

vt5Cfpc.png

Credits (thanks!):

- I'd like to thank everyone from the Kopernicus discord. I'd list all of you but there are too many of us all.

Edited by JacobJHC
Added Tebos

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, GRS said:

beautiful, crap, if only i can do that, what version is that, what program you used (and stupid question, how to use ribbons or "medals" in this forum)

I kid you not, I just used GIMP and notepad to make these. (And paint.net too but you don't need to use it)

The version is 1.4/.15

To use the ribbon feature I'm pretty sure you just go into your profile settings.

8 hours ago, GRS said:

any normalmaps ??? i was trying so hard, but just cant, only one from over five files that did load, and its not even there, and thanks for the ribbons LOL

For normal maps I just use the kittopia mod to make the normal maps for me. If it doesn't load check the logs and see what error happened in the loading process. No problem lol.

K, thanks, i'm still going to make that you-know-what, here is the list :

Kronos (According to ancient Kreek mythology, Kronos is the God of time(warp), He is the one who helped the kerbals most often, and is the srongest god, Kronos looks like a big, creepy looking gas giant)

Ego (flip Von Kerman and his obsession to Kuardians of the galaxy, this planet looks like Ego kerman the living planet, Ego is the largest moon of Kronos)

Virginia (Von Kerman said that this planet looks pretty like his wife, Virginia is a smaller moon of Kronos)

Shrek (Little green men on a little green moon, who hate this opinion, Shrek is the smallest moon of Kronos)

Terriblis (God of calamity in Kreek mythology, its already terrible from the way it looks, it already caused calamity when its first discovered by destroying a space probe, it is surprisingly close and very harsh for visitors)

Badurakh (Found its name from a currently extracted pyramid monument in a Republic of Union type nation, its name is the name of a Demon that resides on the pyramid, its the largest moon of Terriblis) (it has something to do with Indonesia, my nation)

Zod (A pebble found orbiting Terriblis in near polar orbit, exactly 87 degrees, its named randomly from lack of names)

Prasinni (A slightly altered Kreek translation for Green, it slightly tougher than Eve, and mostly green as anyone could expect)

Skopida (An altered Kreek translation for crappy junk, since it is a little too close for comfort from Prasinni)

Orbin (Share same orbit with Kerbin, it lies in an opposite direction, making it difficult to track, it was named from a retarded Kerbal that said kerbiting orbin in the news broadcast, its just a barren desert that suffers a dense atmosphere)

Muun (Moon of Orbin, very similar to Mun, but with less craters, and higher gravity)

Edited by GRS
autocorrect issue

@GRS Sounds cool (Shrek sounds like the best place ever) , but you should probably post that in its own thread and not this one. Once I get Cryode's ocean working this thread is going to get somewhat crowded by its own development.

On 11/16/2018 at 8:38 PM, JacobJHC said:

Hello all,

Recently I have begun making planets, and I now am close to having them ready to release. But until then I am going to show development here.

Remember, there are more pictures and more development to come! Any suggestions for future additions are welcome!

Progress on Planets (Red = unstarted/unusable, Yellow = In development but not 100% finished yet, Green = Full functional, ready for release)

- Carnage: A strange, small moon that looks like something out of a horror movie. Dark, red ravines and planes make it look as if the planet was lashed and is now bleeding.

- Rinkeutov: A mid-sized desert world with an oxygen atmosphere and brown rusty oceans.

- Ripple: A small moon that appears to have been stretched and twisted around it's equator, hence the name 'Ripple'

- Oran: Another small desert like planet with oceans, except these are green. It orbits the sun in a near-polar orbit, occasionally passing in-between the orbits of Kerbin and Duna.

- Plod: If humans lived in the Kerbol system, it would be called 'Sedna'. This strange dwarf planet orbits in such an elliptical orbit that no Kerbal has even considered sending a probe their, probably because Plod left them on red and continued on it's multi-century orbit.

- Cryode: An interesting world with bluish-green sands and a sludgy purple ocean.

Development Pictures:

Carnage:

n5Be299.png?1

mtS7Cfx.png

K0Vf0mM.png

Cryode:

27OH2UI.png

Credits (thanks!):

- I'd like to thank everyone from the Kopernicus discord. I'd list all of you but there are too many of us all.

Maybe you can add a planet that is seems to be doing everything it can to make it as difficult as possible to work with (Very thick atmosphere, Super strong gravity, Weird terrain, Ect) I cant think of any names for it now so let me know about your ideas

On 12/11/2018 at 7:10 AM, Saturn_The_Planet said:

Maybe you can add a planet that is seems to be doing everything it can to make it as difficult as possible to work with (Very thick atmosphere, Super strong gravity, Weird terrain, Ect) I cant think of any names for it now so let me know about your ideas

Well, Carnage IS a hard destination, thanks to that unfriendly terrain, would be a trouble if its gravity is near Mun or more. Oran would be near Kerbolar polar orbit so you may need Joolar assist to fly away so correction burns aren't so expensive, but captures will remain expensive (maybe). Plod is unrecommended if you dont have better Timewarp, you may need decades, Centuries or even Milleniums (Thousand years) to finish a full scale mission there. Others ? I dont know, not enough information. And somehow, i think Carnage look cool (Dont say i'm the only one who think this way).

Edited by GRS

2 hours ago, GRS said:

Well, Carnage IS a hard destination, thanks to that unfriendly terrain, would be a trouble if its gravity is near Mun or more. Oran would be near Kerbolar polar orbit so you may need Joolar assist to fly away so correction burns aren't so expensive, but captures will remain expensive (maybe). Plod is unrecommended if you dont have better Timewarp, you may need decades, Centuries or even Milleniums (Thousand years) to finish a full scale mission there. Others ? I dont know, not enough information. And somehow, i think Carnage look cool (Dont say i'm the only one who think this way).

On 12/10/2018 at 7:10 PM, Saturn_The_Planet said:

I'm not sure if I'll keep Oran in a near polar orbit or not, but as for adding a very thick atmo, strong gravity world, I might consider it. I know that at one point (according to the wiki) there were plans for such a planet, dubbed Gas Planet 3. It might be fun to throw that in somewhere. In fact..... I could even put Oran around it maybe. Although at the moment I am complete garbage at drawing color and heightmaps, so once I get better I'll try and give the thing a shot.

41 minutes ago, GRS said:

how did you get rid of vertical and horizontal seams ?

I blurred them in GIMP. I'm working on a new fix to that, but my GIMP is being difficult. 

If you use GIMP to blur the vertical seams, you need to click filters->distort->polar coordinates. For the horizontal his ctrl+shift+O and offset the image, fix the seam, then offset it back,

Just now, GRS said:

Well, nice progress, what's the image ratio then.

I don't know its ratio. This is just a snip I made with snipping tool of a chunk from the middle. I've also come up with a neat idea for a moon for Rinkeutov, although I'm not sure what to name it. Rink? Ink? I dunno.

8 minutes ago, JacobJHC said:

I don't know its ratio. This is just a snip I made with snipping tool of a chunk from the middle. I've also come up with a neat idea for a moon for Rinkeutov, although I'm not sure what to name it. Rink? Ink? I dunno.

How about Rinke ? is it good ?

20 hours ago, GRS said:

Sorry again, but how did you really fix the vertical seams ? i tried to distort polar coordinates, but i can only see the seam, i cant get rid of it.

I colored over it then used the heal and blur tools. It wasn't 100% effective and I'm testing to see if it is fixed now.

Is 60 atm a bit too high, Jool has like 15-20, and looks like you really are planning for a CRAFT load of bodies, that Terriblis only got 4,35 g Gravity and 1,2 atm pressure, and fairly flat near sea level, located between Eve and Kerbin, Crag has like 5 g Gravity and like 60 atm that appears to make that one before it looks easy, and i was having a hard time to send my no docking Eve lander to surface because of a max 5 atm atmo, looks like it is made only for some literal madlads like Matt and Hazard-ish and such.

Edited by GRS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.