Jacob's Planet Compendium

JacobJHC

3 hours ago, GRS said:

Is 60 atm a bit too high, Jool has like 15-20, and looks like you really are planning for a CRAFT load of bodies, that Terriblis only got 4,35 g Gravity and 1,2 atm pressure, and fairly flat near sea level, located between Eve and Kerbin, Crag has like 5 g Gravity and like 60 atm that appears to make that one before it looks easy, and i was having a hard time to send my no docking Eve lander to surface because of a max 5 atm atmo, looks like it is made only for some literal madlads like Matt and Hazard-ish and such.

The planet's going to be lopsided a bit, so there's the lower regions with the 60 atm of pressure and the regions that are nearly out of the atmosphere. I chose 60 atmospheres of pressure because in real life, Venus has around 90 atmospheres of pressure.

6 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

The planet's going to be lopsided a bit, so there's the lower regions with the 60 atm of pressure and the regions that are nearly out of the atmosphere. I chose 60 atmospheres of pressure because in real life, Venus has around 90 atmospheres of pressure.

Better ask those guys in you discord of how to make that super high mountain, and looks like that Terriblis looks a little too easy, and a probe lander can land on Venus using no more than heat shield, and i remember @EvermoreAlpaca "landed" on Jool, and leave with a fairly small craft with a surprisingly small delta v, it use some sort of contra rotator to get to upper atmo.

Edited by GRS

12 minutes ago, GRS said:

Better ask those guys in you discord of how to make that super high mountain, and looks like that Terriblis looks a little too easy.

I'm getting there. But I did accidentally create the perfect moon. I've decided to name it Durr. Picture incoming.

Ok here we are: Introducing Durr!

vt5Cfpc.png

So cuuuuttteee, what's moon is it, if you havent decide, give it to that lonely you-know-what (Dres).

Also, some one made this.

L9A5PJB.png

Edited by GRS

2 minutes ago, GRS said:

So cuuuuttteee, what's moon is it, if you havent decide, give it to that lonely you-know-what (Dres)

It will orbit Oran, which I have decided will orbit Moveaturn (which I am renaming Zamuturn). So it will be a moon of a moon/ moon of a binary planet.

20 minutes ago, Xurkitree said:

Durr looks like a pencil shaving x cornflake x something id rather not tell.

kinda werid.

Good luck! Are you making places for SSTO to go to though?

Rinkeutov and Oran will be SSTO paradises :) Oxygen for the win.

Not just oxygen, each bodies with fairly low gravity can be dealt with using SSTOs. Like Eeloo, Vall, and such, if Moho were further from Kerbol, it's possible to get there and return in a no refueling SSTO spaceplane.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, if Zamuturn is 1000 km in radius, and atmo starts at 100 km ASL, then the mass would be like 7,342×10^23 kg, and orbital velocity will be like 6674,2 m/s, a little above alternis Tylo, delta v ??? Like 8000 m/s from top of that mountain...probably (depending on upper atmo's thickness).

Edited by GRS

20 minutes ago, GRS said:

Ok, if Zamuturn is 1000 km in radius, and atmo starts at 100 km ASL, then the mass would be like 7,342×10^23 kg, and orbital velocity will be like 6674,2 m/s, a little above alternis Tylo, delta v ??? Like 8000 m/s from top of that mountain...probably (depending on upper atmo's thickness).

Zamutrn is likely going to get reduced in gravity a ton, if not ill have it spin so the asl gravity is just above 1 or something like that.

Went to Plod in 1.6, everything is fine, all but Lia, visited Plod, Oob and Ninkle SOI, they're all fine, but when i tried to got to Lia, That Kraken wants to be "Flipped", my counter got messed up, even an ascent fron Lia got Krakened, Jeb was somehow teleported to the other side of Lia with no clear reason, can you fix that ???

9 hours ago, GRS said:

Went to Plod in 1.6, everything is fine, all but Lia, visited Plod, Oob and Ninkle SOI, they're all fine, but when i tried to got to Lia, That Kraken wants to be "Flipped", my counter got messed up, even an ascent fron Lia got Krakened, Jeb was somehow teleported to the other side of Lia with no clear reason, can you fix that ???

Could you post screenshots? That didn't happen to me on tests.

26 minutes ago, JacobJHC said:

Could you post screenshots? That didn't happen to me on tests.

Well, i'm not home now, and my dad's home, i feel like i need to avoid him for reasons, i also forget so i'll redo the visit, maybe the PC is drunk.

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, GRS said:

Oh no...it's quite Outdated...

Le Necropost

Which one you're working on now...?

This thread will get revived eventually, possibly in a new thread. The idea of the pack is that it's all my other packs in one, but many of those are not done yet.

Right now I'm working on a world called Wrath for a video I'm making, I might post a few picks of it here when I'm done with it.

8 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

This thread will get revived eventually, possibly in a new thread. The idea of the pack is that it's all my other packs in one, but many of those are not done yet.

Right now I'm working on a world called Wrath for a video I'm making, I might post a few picks of it here when I'm done with it.

Oh...cool...That one with Square Issues huh ??? (Thanks for your question, which i overheard accidentally, i know how to fix the same issue)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.