Interstage fairing skin issue

Just an annoyance, but when I build a fairing that connects to a part instead of closing with a cone, it always remains in the default white livery in-game even when I change the skin in the VAB.

Thanks for any answers!

The mods I'm using are SCANsat, Kerbal Engineer Redux and Kerbal Alarm Clock.

5 hours ago, diamondop1234 said:

Just an annoyance, but when I build a fairing that connects to a part instead of closing with a cone, it always remains in the default white livery in-game even when I change the skin in the VAB.

Thanks for any answers!

The mods I'm using are SCANsat, Kerbal Engineer Redux and Kerbal Alarm Clock.

Welcome to the forum :)

Seems to be the same bug I've already reported 2 month ago: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/20103

You should be able to work around the issue by:

1) Change the skin before you build the fairing (place the base and abort the fairing build. Change the skin and right click the base -> build fairing) Maybe you can change the skin even before placing the base by clicking on the teardrop symbol in the part list, not quiet sure though if the fairing got this feature as well.
or
2) Change the skin, save the craft and reload it in the editor.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.