Your Finest Hour in KSP

AlamoVampire

• 1 year later...

I think that time just after making history that I set out to make an Apollo inspired craft. In about an hour from that point I'd built it, first launch, stuck the landing and redocked and returned. That just never works for me normally, usually these things take many attempts, many hours of game time.

Mission time was much longer, but my finest single hour in game.

I had answered this previously back in 2018 with my Mountain Lake Landing Challenge, but much has happened since then (though I am still very proud of that challenge).

I had two equally wonderful and related moments back to back--both involving Breaking Ground. @Just Jim and @St4rdust were very kind to me and both wound up on the Squad Twitter feed.  It was nice to be able to do something really different and make it work.

I say, firebird at hard brake. 
Zmb10mAh.png
Found I miscalculated the braking needed or something so I was coming in very fast. Lots of simulations first and needed to use KAS to partially redesign the ships as in move stuff around to balance drag, at 7 g you need to be very balanced to not tumble and if you tumble. 
mKEODaWh.png
Think it was 20+ simulated runs. 

I was digging through some images of mine on imgur and I saw an image of mine that triggered another thread. 

KRSHfIm.png

the above image contains a flag of my dearly departed kitty on my EVA pack. This happened to be also after I learned how to name kerbals and this kerbal had my name. I was on an eva, building a station and the emotional impact was intense. I think that instant was my finest hour in KSP. 

Here is the thread that image triggered me to make.

Edited by AlamoVampire

I was never fined in KSP, but if I was, then probably the finest hour would be the failed launch of the interplanetary tanker full of radioactive materials.

There would be a lot of ecological, nuclear proliferation, insurance, and other fines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.