[1.5.x-1.11.x ] Telemachus Reborn

DanGSun

17 hours ago, DanGSun said:

What do you mean by that? Sry, can't understand. Which tablet? 

I mean can the Huston panel be opened on a kindle fire?

16 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

You mean the Houston UI? Should work on whatever device you're using... tho arent some elements of Houston not working?... or was that just a couple of the other "interfaces"?

1. Yes, the houston UI
  2. OK, thanks.

15 minutes ago, The_Arcitect said:

I mean can the Huston panel be opened on a kindle fire?

1. Yes, the houston UI
  2. OK, thanks.

Yeah... the mod is browser based, moar so than OS or device based... so "should" work on just about anything...
ps I know it works on Windows/Linux PC, Windows/Android tablet, and Android phone... all with Firefox and Chrome

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Hxov said:

Having trouble with the 3d orbital map in chrome... is there a setting need to enable? or is it just a bug?

It is not finished yet... So, yes, it's a bug. Currently, I do not have much time to change something more than compiling Telemachus for new versions of KSP and curating a community of Telemachus.

6 hours ago, DanGSun said:

It is not finished yet... So, yes, it's a bug. Currently, I do not have much time to change something more than compiling Telemachus for new versions of KSP and curating a community of Telemachus.

ok, I just did not know. also, I think it is hemorrhaging mem when trying to display the orbital map or maybe Houston. It seems to slow my game down until it crashes however it remains rather stable otherwise.

This is a great mod! Thank you for keeping it going. I literally signed up to the forums to post this :) 

I've also been experiencing the game slowing down as far as having micro-freezes every second or so, so I've had to uninstall for now  - but I'm definitely keeping an eye on any new version that comes out. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2019 at 9:17 AM, Locaha said:

This is a great mod! Thank you for keeping it going. I literally signed up to the forums to post this :) 

I've also been experiencing the game slowing down as far as having micro-freezes every second or so, so I've had to uninstall for now  - but I'm definitely keeping an eye on any new version that comes out. 

Same thing here - micro-freezes especially annoying when landing. Nevertheless great mod, thank you for it and keep up the good work!

Micro-freezes suddenly popped up here too, I didn't realize it was being caused by Telemachus.

Also, on the second page a fix was mentioned for the orbital map (that replacing the appropriate files with an older version of Telemachus/Houston would fix it). Does this still work?

Anyway, I look forward to using this mod for a decked-out mission control party!

17 hours ago, Elmo's Minion said:

Micro-freezes suddenly popped up here too, I didn't realize it was being caused by Telemachus.

Also, on the second page a fix was mentioned for the orbital map (that replacing the appropriate files with an older version of Telemachus/Houston would fix it). Does this still work?

Anyway, I look forward to using this mod for a decked-out mission control party!

Will try to fix map on Monday, thx for report. Mb there is a problem with paths.

Edited by DanGSun

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, CraigCottingham said:

@DanGSun, please let me know if there's anything I can do to help integrate with my instance of Kerbal Maps at https://kerbal-maps.finitemonkeys.org.

Hello, Thx, but what have changed? I am actually using old-KSP.Leaflet with changed map urls. So what have you added to API? Or is there something also I need to know about changes? 

@DanGSun idk, is it just me, but do @CraigCottingham 's zoom levels seem much broader than current ones? (at least as Telemachus interfaces with the current ones?)
 I admittedly havent actually *played* KSP in too long, but I do remember complaining that you couldnt zoom in far enuff on the maps in Telemachus... vOv

11 hours ago, DanGSun said:

Hello, Thx, but what have changed? I am actually using old-KSP.Leaflet with changed map urls. So what have you added to API? Or is there something also I need to know about changes? 

If all you're doing is pulling existing maps with new URLs, I don't think you need to change anything. I tried to keep the query interface the same as the original Kerbal Maps, but with very little to go on, I had to reverse-engineer a lot of it.

I mainly just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I'm available for maintenance or support if you do need it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 4:18 AM, DanGSun said:

We're looking for other developer, maintainers and designers, let me know if you're interested! Also, if you have an idea write it here!

Have you thought of asking LinuxGuruGamer about helping with development?  He's good and maintains many other mods.

Edited by Rayden
For brevity.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:38 PM, orionguy said:

Thanks for keeping this mod alive. I've just come back to ksp after taking a break for a couple years and it's good to see Telemachus with both Houston and OpenMCT. I look forward to the memory leak fix!

Yeah, I will fix it to the end of year. Together with performance at all. But if KSP2 comes out... I think, that the mod will require full rewrite... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just found this mod, and it all functions quite well.  I see that the orbital maps bug is still there, but the really killer bug is the halting micro-freezes.  The flight of even a really simple rocket is stuttery and halting.

If i do not place the telemachus antenna on a ship, and load the flight normally then it runs smooth.  If i place the antenna on board it becomes all stuttery.   :unsure:

Has there been any progress on identifying the cause of this?  What can I do to correct it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.