[1.5.x-1.11.x ] Telemachus Reborn

DanGSun

Well.. I did find a workaround for Pressure and G-Force.
Any data from sensors is not read/transmitted (I don't know which), it is possible to map the graphs to another dataset instead.

In the file \GameData\Telemachus\Plugins\PluginData\Telemachus\js\console.js  I made 2 changes:
    "G-Force": {
      series: ["s.sensor.acc"],
to
    "G-Force": {
      series: ["v.geeForce"],

and

"Pressure": {
      series: ["s.sensor.pres"],
to
    "Pressure": {
      series: ["v.atmosphericPressurePa"],

This will make the temperature and G-Force graph plot data.
For gravity and temperature I have not found a similar band-aid.

Of course, a proper fix would involve getting the sensor data to read out properly, but I fear it is beyond me.

2 hours ago, RowBear said:

This will make the temperature and G-Force graph plot data.

For gravity and temperature I have not found a similar band-aid.

Of course, a proper fix would involve getting the sensor data to read out properly, but I fear it is beyond me.

idk... try this mebbe?

series: ["SensorType.TEMP"],

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_module_enviro_sensor.html#a409d41fa32ca3b4fdb65244e0df0878b

Edited by Stone Blue

On 1/25/2020 at 7:12 PM, neveroddoreven said:

Can someone please document the correct build sequence and process?   The "build documentation"  simply says (after explaining that you need to create the ksp-telemachus-dev directory within the clone/pull and put all KSP game files within) "open in Visual Studio".   have Visual Studio 2019 installed.

I can build the project OK, but AfterBuild.bat looks rife with errors and I'm not getting anywhere with AfterBuild.sh - has the end-to-end process been documented anywhere?

Thanks!

@neveroddoreven

There you go: https://github.com/TeleIO/Telemachus-1/pull/26/commits/d34d8f6615e79ea74b2eef0897d0f563791a754d

Edited by kerbalchekov

On 2/6/2020 at 12:08 AM, Stone Blue said:

Do you know if these sensor readouts worked in previous versions of KSP/Telemachus?

The DataLinkHandlers.cs part of Telemachus is able to find the sensors and read their info/value.
However, in DataLinkFormatters.cs, Telemachus makes a list of sensors, but no sensors get added to it. 

4 hours ago, RowBear said:

Do you know if these sensor readouts worked in previous versions of KSP/Telemachus?

The DataLinkHandlers.cs part of Telemachus is able to find the sensors and read their info/value.
However, in DataLinkFormatters.cs, Telemachus makes a list of sensors, but no sensors get added to it.

Yes, they did. I remember using modded parts with similar function, as well... not just the stock parts... Pretty sure they worked in 1.3.1, as that was the last version I actually did some heavy playing in... I cant remmember when the graphs quit working after that, tho...  I want to say 1.4.5 to 1.6.1... vOv... i know they were broke when I tried using them in 1.7.0+...

On 1/12/2020 at 1:52 PM, Stone Blue said:

Most likely not... I dont think anyone has gotten anything done, as far as 1) getting other-than-stock maps, made and hosted on the (new) KerbalMaps site, and 2) any code changes that may need to be made to Telemachus to actually *use*, and switch to those maps. There was talk of getting JNSQ maps done... I dont know where that stands... vOv

Relevant thread is here (bottom half of page 1, into pg 2):

Life intervened for a little while, then I got worried that extracting the maps from JNSQ would be a violation of copyright. I got clarification (and a go-ahead) on the latter, so I'm going to make a concerted effort to get back to it.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:46 PM, CraigCottingham said:

I got clarification (and a go-ahead) on the latter, so I'm going to make a concerted effort to get back to it.

Nice! ... Any chance you could post a copy of a cfg with whats needed to do the JNSQ maps, as an example, on your KerbalMaps thread?
I  know of at least three people that are very interested in contributing and helping, to get JNSQ maps done...

Edited by Stone Blue

On 2/13/2020 at 3:46 PM, CraigCottingham said:

Life intervened for a little while, then I got worried that extracting the maps from JNSQ would be a violation of copyright. I got clarification (and a go-ahead) on the latter, so I'm going to make a concerted effort to get back to it.

Thanks guys!

I'm very keen to try Telemachus for my long sea voyages, amongst other things. And the map tracking function would be awesome.

Your efforts keeping this alive (resurrecting it?) and integrating with the Kerbal Maps again is much appreciated.

1 hour ago, EasyAce said:

Few and little feedback in this thread about combatibility.

Is this compatible with 1.8 and/or 1.9?

Seems to be working for 1.9.

But my game keep minimizing when I move my cursor from monitor 1 to monitor 2.

Anyone know how I can keep my game fullscreen while using telemachus on the second monitor?

21 hours ago, EasyAce said:

Seems to be working for 1.9.

But my game keep minimizing when I move my cursor from monitor 1 to monitor 2.

Anyone know how I can keep my game fullscreen while using telemachus on the second monitor?

Yes, run the game in borderless window mode. Depending on how you launch the game you can set this. I think there is an option in the launcher, or if you launch via CKAN you can add click in the top menu on Settings -> KSP Commandline  and then add -popupwindow to the commands there.
Search for KSP popupwindow, there will be better explanations than I can give somewhere out there.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, andyw59 said:

Are there still plans to integrate in-game camera views into telemachus reborn? I know it was mentioned sometime awhile ago that the API had been created, just wondered if this was anywhere close to implementation.

I would like to know this too. However, 1.9.1 seems to have had the KSP API changed, and the method for creating the camera views brok almost every mod that dealt with camera views. So, depending on how long ago someone started a Telemachus API, the whole thing may have to be looked at, and maybe restarted, as a worst case scenario.

I know @DanGSun had stated they werent really interested or able to put much time into the coding side of things on the mod anymoar. So there's that, too. vOv

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 4:49 PM, Stone Blue said:

I would like to know this too. However, 1.9.1 seems to have had the KSP API changed, and the method for creating the camera views brok almost every mod that dealt with camera views. So, depending on how long ago someone started a Telemachus API, the whole thing may have to be looked at, and maybe restarted, as a worst case scenario.

I know @DanGSun had stated they werent really interested or able to put much time into the coding side of things on the mod anymoar. So there's that, too. vOv

So, I'm just getting started on the project and still trying to get my bearings, but it's certainly something I'd like to tackle down the road.  I think in the short term, I want to knock out some long-standing bugs and then focus on updating some of the mapping tools/web pages.  I may take a swing at the cameras just to get an initial level-of-effort estimation, though.

I have been working on something that uses the map from this mod. At first I thought I was safe doing this, due to the fact that the mod is licensed under MIT.
However, I have realised that the map appears to be a modified version of this site's map: https://ksp.deringenieur.net/.
I have no idea if this also licensed under MIT or not, so I tried to contact the owner of the site, but I have been unable to access their contact page.

I have been unable to find any other methods of contacting the owner, so I am asking here:

Am I able to use and modify the map from this mod for something else, as long as I give credit?

EDIT: I was able to access the contact page and they have responded saying that they are hosting a backup of the original maps site, which has been down for a long time.

Edited by FrostBird347

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.