[1.5.x-1.11.x ] Telemachus Reborn

DanGSun

5 minutes ago, DanGSun said:

Yes. Actually, it is already made. I haven't made proper web interface yet.

P.S: To use API and, in future, WebUI you should install RasterPropMonitor and camera from it on your ship. 

yep that is already done

5 minutes ago, DanGSun said:

Yes. Actually, API is already made. I haven't made proper web interface yet.

P.S: To use API and, in future, WebUI you should install RasterPropMonitor and camera from it on your ship. 

Are you aware that rasterpropmonitor dev is stopping in favor of MOARdV's Avionics Systems? Also is there anyway to make the camera stream? Instead of just snapshots?

Edited by Redneck

Hi, I have an update on my previous issue of Telemachus messing with my antenna ratings.

I'm not sure which mod it is, but I have a mod that tells me the antenna class, so it'll say "Class 1 INTERNAL Antenna" in orange-red text right before the normal description.

But when I install Telemachus, every single antenna's description then has "Class 1 RT Antenna", but I don't even have remotetech installed. When I then uninstall Telemachus, the antennas go back to normal. When the antennas have the RT message in the description, right clicking to see the modules the part has doesn't show the normal Antenna Rating section with the 10G/10M kind of rating.

Any help would be appreciated. I love telemachus, but it's impossible to use and still have antennas work (for me at least). The only other communications mod I have installed is CommNet Constellations, are they compatible together?

Edited by boofzilla
Clarification

On 1/27/2019 at 3:12 PM, DanGSun said:

Yes. Actually, API is already made. I haven't made proper web interface yet.

If youre in the process of doing this, could you take a look at MAS functionality? RPM is basically dead, and MAS is the "next evolution"... I know MAS has the camera functionality, i just dont know how common/different it is from RPM.

Would be best to look into it yourself, but as busy as @MOARdV is, he's been pretty awesome about answering questions about the workings of MAS vs RPM...

On 12/17/2018 at 12:44 PM, ThatRedMelon said:

I know I've already started some bugs before but I've found another. When I click on the orbital map in Houston I get a black screen with the top of the Houston control panel barely visible.

I can confirm I am having this issue as well. I'm not super aware of how modding works, but it seems like whatever program drew that map has broken.

I have this text showing up in chromes dev console:

Uncaught ReferenceError: ResizeSensor is not defined
    at klass.buildSceneCameraAndRenderer (3dmap.js:11225)
    at klass.initialize (3dmap.js:11169)
    at new klass (3dmap.js:278)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (index.html:317)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (3dmap.js:7404)
    at fireEvent_DOM (3dmap.js:7264)
    at fire (3dmap.js:7253)
    at HTMLDocument._methodized [as fire] (3dmap.js:654)
    at HTMLDocument.fireContentLoadedEvent (3dmap.js:7439)

Seems like a problem with whatever program is drawing the 3D map

Edit: Should I submit an issue in github? what is the best way to accomplish this?

Edited by samamstar
detail

I found a fix for the orbital map. If you download an earlier version of the mod (like from the non-reborn thread) you can copy over the java script files in the ..\Telemachus\Plugins\PluginData\Telemachus\houston\assets folder. I don't know why the current version's are broken, but the originals seem ok

On 1/28/2019 at 11:35 PM, boofzilla said:

Hi, I have an update on my previous issue of Telemachus messing with my antenna ratings.

I'm not sure which mod it is, but I have a mod that tells me the antenna class, so it'll say "Class 1 INTERNAL Antenna" in orange-red text right before the normal description.

But when I install Telemachus, every single antenna's description then has "Class 1 RT Antenna", but I don't even have remotetech installed. When I then uninstall Telemachus, the antennas go back to normal. When the antennas have the RT message in the description, right clicking to see the modules the part has doesn't show the normal Antenna Rating section with the 10G/10M kind of rating.

Any help would be appreciated. I love telemachus, but it's impossible to use and still have antennas work (for me at least). The only other communications mod I have installed is CommNet Constellations, are they compatible together?

Having this exact same problem. I made a copy of my install just to test the mod on it and automatically all my antennas stopped working. Something in Telemachus is breaking them. Any idea @DanGSun?

I'm running the latest 1.6.X version of KSP. Using stock antennas.

EDIT: Nevermind. I fixed it just by deleting the RemoteTech cfg.

Edited by Lijazos

On 1/28/2019 at 5:35 PM, boofzilla said:

Which mod is this? Does anyone else know?
I want to test this. With just Telemachus installed, and no other antenna mods, inc. RT not being installed, i am not seeing this.
I *do* think the RT patch for Telemachus should probably have been :NEEDS, instead of :FOR, however ...

i dont know why I had originally added the ModuleDataTransmitter to the Teleblade antenna, but I will be submitting a PR to remove that, so that it *only* works as a Telemachus antenna.

This *could* be save breaking, if the Telemachus Teleblade antenna is the *only* antenna on a craft, and its being used for comms or transmitting science data.

Anyone have any issues with making this change?
Please speak up now :P

Edited by Stone Blue

@DanGSun

If this works like Client\Host, would it be possible to have the Output separated sending some of the controls to a second Client? Then the secondary could manage the controls permitted whilst the first has a separate set of controls to manage. They could use Hamachi to make life easier to code the two outputs. Would be an interesting Pilot\Co-pilot experience :D 

On 2/20/2019 at 10:47 PM, sollarflare said:

When I open kerbal, even an unmodded download, the antennas are where they should be, but the right-click menu doesn't come up. It's just not there. 

@sollarflare, can you send me some screenshots, pls? With antennas and your interaction description? Thx a lot. Also, which antenna are you using?

15 hours ago, Jatwaa said:

@DanGSun

If this works like Client\Host, would it be possible to have the Output separated sending some of the controls to a second Client? Then the secondary could manage the controls permitted whilst the first has a separate set of controls to manage. They could use Hamachi to make life easier to code the two outputs. Would be an interesting Pilot\Co-pilot experience :D 

What do you mean by " could manage the controls permitted whilst the first has a separate set of controls to manage"? Permission management?

@DanGSun I also am having a couple issues with the Tele parts doing weird stuff.

Also, I dont know what I was thinking, when I left the TeleBlade antenna with the regular data/comms ability of stock antennas... It should probably be for Telemachus telemetry ONLY... Problem is, if we change it now, it may break some peoples saves if they have ONLY the Teleblade on current craft (using it for regular data/comms)... Do you want to go ahead and remove this from the Teleblade? I can submit a PR for it this evening. Would also give me a chance to find out and document exactly the other issues I am seeing with *all* the Telemachus antennas...

On 2/22/2019 at 4:53 AM, DanGSun said:

@sollarflare, can you send me some screenshots, pls? With antennas and your interaction description? Thx a lot. Also, which antenna are you using?

What do you mean by " could manage the controls permitted whilst the first has a separate set of controls to manage"? Permission management?

Aye, if the controls for piloting the craft could be sent to one "Channel" inbound/outbound whilst the rest of the controls are sent to the second "Channel". 

Thinking crazier, the option have a toggle, Pilot\Co-Pilot that can be adjusted on the fly to give/take controls.

For security, it could limit to LAN only and force uses to use a VPN/Hamachi to partake (unless you felt like coding public access pages)

4 hours ago, sollarflare said:

@DanGSun The screenshots are with no mods other than the newest Telemachus Reborn download. Also, the Teleblade doesn't show up in the parts list when creating/editing rockets.

Here is the screenshots: https://imgur.com/gallery/Pni8dZb

If that first pic is your GameData folder, either you didnt extract the Telemachus package, or its named incorrectly.

The reason the two original parts are showing is because they use the "old" method of defining the models for the parts.
The Teleblade is using the "new"  method, which requires correct folder path.
The plugin dll also needs proper folder paths... thats why some of the buttons are missing in the right-click menu, and nothing works.

You need to have the folder named and located in /GameData/Telemachus

Edited by Stone Blue

@sollarflare

The downloaad package (.zip) is a compressed archive. It needs to be extracted (unzipped). If your OS does not natively extract .zip files, you need a program like 7z, WinZip, or WinRAR to open ("extract") .zip files.

Once you extract the package, there will be a folder inside named GameData... inside *that* will be a folder called Telemachus. That folder named Telemachus has to placed *inside* the Gamedata folder... basically inplace of the folder/file you have now, next to the Squad folder in your first pic.

Edited by Stone Blue

On 11/18/2018 at 10:18 AM, DanGSun said:

We're looking for other developer, maintainers and designers, let me know if you're interested! Also, if you have an idea write it here!

Hi,

I would like to contribute to this project. I have never developed for KSP but have touched C# and Unity before.

I would start off by XML commenting the code until I get to grips with the architecture.

On 3/1/2019 at 1:11 PM, phets said:

Hi,

I would like to contribute to this project. I have never developed for KSP but have touched C# and Unity before.

I would start off by XML commenting the code until I get to grips with the architecture.

Thank you! Can you tell me your GitHub Username, pls?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this a known feature (no error messages on logs), that on 1.6.1, when installed with Kerbalism (2.1.2) the antenna power use is something different than expected, when no Telemachus parts are required (by config) for telemetry, that it might use the normal antennas bitRates to calculate the required energy, as it is proportional to thousands on bits.

Just saying that Kerbalism requires constant use of energy for it's radio control, and topped with telemachus power requirements, cause quite a lot of power consumption. Making the relay arrays to flicker with power depleting on and off, making the connection with DSN go on off constantly.

If this is the case I would hope I had started the career play with both Mods installed -> with enough solar panels on unmanned relays and other vessels.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:44 AM, Uace24 said:

Is there any way to upload and use a real earth map and RSS/RO information? 

You can replace leaflet.js with your map. All orbit information will be shown, but planet info won't.

56 minutes ago, M.M.I said:

Is this a known feature (no error messages on logs), that on 1.6.1, when installed with Kerbalism (2.1.2) the antenna power use is something different than expected, when no Telemachus parts are required (by config) for telemetry, that it might use the normal antennas bitRates to calculate the required energy, as it is proportional to thousands on bits.

Just saying that Kerbalism requires constant use of energy for it's radio control, and topped with telemachus power requirements, cause quite a lot of power consumption. Making the relay arrays to flicker with power depleting on and off, making the connection with DSN go on off constantly.

If this is the case I would hope I had started the career play with both Mods installed -> with enough solar panels on unmanned relays and other vessels.

No, that wasn't known, but if you are using kerbalism, you are going hardcore by yourself :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.