[1.5.x-1.11.x ] Telemachus Reborn

DanGSun

2pfDugX.png

Telemachus is back in development again!

Issue tracking: GitHub

TLDR:

Spoiler

Download Telemachus Stable from GitHub Releases or SpaceDock

Download Telemachus Unstable from AppVeyor

Once the Telemachus data link part is installed...

NZEtK5u.png

or our Brand New Teleblade™ Antenna by @Stone Blue

vcrdJG9.png

...you can connect to a telemetry source using your web browser, to obtain several visualizations.....

fUIsUch.png

...and then combine them to construct your own mission control. In the image below we have an example of such a setup:

nb8EAvY.jpg

From left to right you have Atmospheric density chart, KSP (obviously), Altitude chart, and a g-force chart on the tablet perched on the shelf. The following screenshots show more Telemachus features.

Zco47Ir.png

Figure 1 - Send basic commands to your vessels

X3AwcZA.png

Figure 2 - MechJeb2 integration

jsDBkM8.png

Figure 3 - Kerbal Maps integration

That's not all! Say Hello to

Houston UI:

• Houston has a ton of really cool features, some of which work!
  • A ground track, for plotting the path of a ship in orbit
  • An altitude estimate for said ground track (heavy emphasis on "estimate")
  • Readouts for the stock resource types in KSP
  • Status light indicators
  • A 3D navball (huge thanks to Lokaltog/KeRD for an awesome implementation)
  • Throttle and Atmosphere gauges
  • Position Maps
  • A 3D Orbit Map (using Three.js)
  • A Hohmann Transfer tool (not guaranteed to properly transfer you as per Hohmann's specifications)
  • Links to the Telemachus Console and MKON
  • Data Tables, whoooo!

ground-track.png

NavBar:

navigation.png

More info about Houston at GitHub

Download links:

Download Telemachus Stable from GitHub Releases or SpaceDock

Download Telemachus Unstable from AppVeyor

For Compliance of Add-on Rule 5

In case it wasn't obvious already, Telemachus sends telemetry data from KSP to a web browser. If you require precise information on the data exchanged and the protocols used, then please check out the API Documentation.

Notice

1. I am not a Telemachus Creator. I am the main continuator of this project, after @tcannonfodder.
  2. This is NOT njbrown09's Telemachus Continued. 
  3. When something will happen, I will change Telemachus name to TeleCore.

Links

Installation Instructions

User Guide

API Documentation

Source Code

Credits

License (MIT)

Edited by DanGSun
Version Fix

I have two bugs with this updated program. Firstly, I couldn't get to Houston when I clicked on Houston unless I added /index.html to the end. Secondly, when I go to the map on Houston (not on the default console), it says I am today's big winner and then tries to direct me to YesIWon.com (don't go to it it's probably a virus or something). How do I fix it so it shows me the actual map?

15 hours ago, ThatRedMelon said:

I have two bugs with this updated program. Firstly, I couldn't get to Houston when I clicked on Houston unless I added /index.html to the end. Secondly, when I go to the map on Houston (not on the default console), it says I am today's big winner and then tries to direct me to YesIWon.com (don't go to it it's probably a virus or something). How do I fix it so it shows me the actual map?

Thank you for information. Will fix it today.

yeah, the Houston interface is great, but it could use some "finishing"... would be nice if the seperate screen elements were resizable/moveable, like the MkON interface... or at least be able to be optimized for different screen sizes.

And yeah, currently the orbital map is almost not worth using.

4 hours ago, th3ranger said:

I'd love to help dev and maintain, I know the basics of java, python, C++, C#,  and a bunch of front end stuff I'm not going to bother to list. However, I've never programmed professionally so... anyway, let me know if I can help.

Oh, that's amazing! Can you send to me your github profile link, if u can? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks for your work on this mod, it's been one of my favorites for a while.

(I'm on 1.5.1) One issue though, whenever I use Telemachus alongside any kind of antenna, it breaks a majority of them. I made a modpack with just Telemachus, and it still broke stock antennas. Same when I use Bluedog or DMagic antennas. Sometimes one or two will work, if that.

I made my account just to report this bug haha, I love the mod that much, that I wanna be able to use it again as quick as possible ;)

Thanks!

Edited by boofzilla
Clarified game version

@boofzilla idk... seems to be working fine for me? i'm on 1.5.1, with a pretty heavily modded install.

Can you give moar detail?

Does it do it with all of the Telemachus antennas?... and what *exactly* do you mean by breaks other antennas? ... do you lose complete communication, or ust transmitting science, or..?? also, dont get offended, but are sure you are still within range of the biggest antenna you are using?

Also, are you *sure* you dont have a Telemachus *for All* patch, somehow installed?

If you had a prior installation of Telemchaus, maybe delete the Telchaus folder, and reinstall... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@boofzilla idk... seems to be working fine for me? i'm on 1.5.1, with a pretty heavily modded install.

Does it do it with all of the Telemachus antennas?... and what *exactly* do you mean by breaks other antennas? ... do you lose complete communication, or ust transmitting science, or..?? also, dont get offended, but are sure you are still within range of the biggest antenna you are using?

Also, are you *sure* you dont have a Telemachus *for All* patch, somehow installed?

If you had a prior installation of Telemchaus, maybe delete the Telchaus folder, and reinstall... vOv

@Stone Blue, it looks like something wrong with ModuleManager patches in my version. I'll check it.

UPD1: Everything is OK, so idk what is your problem. @boofzilla, can you send to me your KSP Version, OS, Installed mods and DLC?

Edited by DanGSun

9 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

7 hours ago, DanGSun said:

@Stone Blue, it looks like something wrong with ModuleManager patches in my version. I'll check it.

UPD1: Everything is OK, so idk what is your problem. @boofzilla, can you send to me your KSP Version, OS, Installed mods and DLC?

Sorry about that lack of detail O-O, I haven't really reported a bug before.

I've just tried recreating the bug, but I can't seem to. I'm gonna chalk it up to user error considering it's very possible I'm just an idiot and couldn't figure it out on my career modset.

As for the issue I was having, it was losing all communication. The antennas didn't even have a rating module in the part details. I deleted the folder and just restarted, so I don't have the list.

Hi everybody. First of all, i love this mod, i can't wait to make it work so i can call my friends for a full-nerd control room party.

But, i have a little bug; 

I'm running KSP 1.5.1. with Making History Expansion, when i install the mod (i tried different versions ) i can see the new antennas in the editor and i'm able to place them on my vessel, but if i start the game i can't create the link because the "create link button" is missing and i have no connection from the debug window (as mentioned in the user guide).

What kind of problem is it? Firewall? Mod dependencies?

I'm using a lot of mod (ASET, PropMonitor, Coatl, KerbalEngineer, Kis, Kos, Kas etc...)

Thanks for the attention, let me know if you need screens or debug files.

Carmelo

On 12/24/2018 at 5:09 PM, SpaceCarmelo said:

Hi everybody. First of all, i love this mod, i can't wait to make it work so i can call my friends for a full-nerd control room party.

But, i have a little bug; 

I'm running KSP 1.5.1. with Making History Expansion, when i install the mod (i tried different versions ) i can see the new antennas in the editor and i'm able to place them on my vessel, but if i start the game i can't create the link because the "create link button" is missing and i have no connection from the debug window (as mentioned in the user guide).

What kind of problem is it? Firewall? Mod dependencies?

I'm using a lot of mod (ASET, PropMonitor, Coatl, KerbalEngineer, Kis, Kos, Kas etc...)

Thanks for the attention, let me know if you need screens or debug files.

Carmelo

Thx for bug report. Can u send me screenshots, pls? 

On 12/17/2018 at 8:44 PM, ThatRedMelon said:

I know I've already started some bugs before but I've found another. When I click on the orbital map in Houston I get a black screen with the top of the Houston control panel barely visible.

Thx for bug report, but can you send screenshots of orbital maps to me, pls? 

8 hours ago, Alex33212 said:

Went to the Kerbal Maps link, and it appears the domain expired.

Domain is fine... Maps working in latest version.

Double check the version of Telemachus you have installed. Sounds like you have a very old one installed. Like... one from a different Telemachus thread; not this one?

I'm not sure if it will work on 1.4.2, but DanGSun's Telemachus Reborn seems to be the best working version for 1.4.5-1.6.0 KSP.

If one of the versions on SpaceDock doesnt work, he had a version for 1.4.5 that might.

@DanGSun tagging for your input on which (if any) version of Reborn might work on 1.4.2

Edited by Stone Blue

5 hours ago, DanGSun said:

There is one solution: I can do backports of Telemachus with all fixes to older versions of KSP.

That would be SWEET, if youre up for it... but maybe wait and see if moar people reply with a "Yes. pleeze.." answer, to make it worth your time? vOv

37 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

That would be SWEET, if youre up for it... but maybe wait and see if moar people reply with a "Yes. pleeze.." answer, to make it worth your time? vOv

First thing, that I'll need to do: automate this process. Maybe you've seen that I've configured AppVeyor for Telemachus. So, first step for making backports is making them automatically. I think, that by the end of January/beginning of February I'll configure it. 

P.S: I am open to any ideas related to WebUI, Telemetry, UI Improvements, Telemachus at all/

Edited by DanGSun
P.S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 9:43 PM, Redneck said:

@DanGSun any plans to support camera viewing in web browser? 

Yes. Actually, API is already made. I haven't made proper web interface yet.

P.S: To use API and, in future, WebUI you should install RasterPropMonitor and camera from it on your ship. 

Edited by DanGSun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.