[1.5.x-1.11.x ] Telemachus Reborn

DanGSun

@FrostBird347 As you have since discovered, Telemachus does NOT have any maps of its own included in the mod. Telemachus only *displays* maps, that were seperately hosted on the old KerbalMaps website. Both projects were developed seperately. KerbalMaps was, I believe, intended *exactly*, as just a host site for those maps (with many kewl embedded features), and was availalable as a "service" to any KSP mods that wanted to access those maps. I dont know of many that did, except Telemachus.

As you found out, the *original* KerbalMaps site became either unusable or unavailable. There was someone in the forums that managed to rehost them on a different site, and they were again available for a time. THEN, someone *else*, again, came along, and picked up the project, and rehosted the site on a different domain.

The newest maintainer, and new website can be found in *this* thread:

THAT maintainer has been active recently, and is working on adding maps for other planet packs. There is a beta version of the site up for testing JNSQ maps.
That is also the site, and the developer, that I believe @DanGSun was, and now @Sidrus, is working with to get the maps working again for Telemachus.

So, yes, for what you are looking for, no need to concern yourself with Telemachus' licensing. You can work with either @CraigCottingham, or if you have managed to contact the original owner of KerbalMaps, then maybe that person.
Do me a favor, please, in any future contact you have with the *original* dev that you managed to hear from, and let them know of the thread I linked above.

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@FrostBird347 As you have since discovered, Telemachus does NOT have any maps of its own included in the mod. Telemachus only *displays* maps, that were seperately hosted on the old KerbalMaps website. Both projects were developed seperately. KerbalMaps was, I believe, intended *exactly*, as just a host site for those maps (with many kewl embedded features), and was availalable as a "service" to any KSP mods that wanted to access those maps. I dont know of many that did, except Telemachus.

As you found out, the *original* KerbalMaps site became either unusable or unavailable. There was someone in the forums that managed to rehost them on a different site, and they were again available for a time. THEN, someone *else*, again, came along, and picked up the project, and rehosted the site on a different domain.

The newest maintainer, and new website can be found in *this* thread:

THAT maintainer has been active recently, and is working on adding maps for other planet packs. There is a beta version of the site up for testing JNSQ maps.
That is also the site, and the developer, that I believe @DanGSun was, and now @Sidrus, is working with to get the maps working again for Telemachus.

So, yes, for what you are looking for, no need to concern yourself with Telemachus' licensing. You can work with either @CraigCottingham, or if you have managed to contact the original owner of KerbalMaps, then maybe that person.
Do me a favor, please, in any future contact you have with the *original* dev that you managed to hear from, and let them know of the thread I linked above.

Thanks for clarifying some things, and for showing me an up-to date version of Kerbal Maps (It might be better for me to look into using the newer version instead, or at least start using some parts of it). I do not have any contact with the original owner, I contacted the person who hosted this site, but I did not even know that it was a re-upload at the time.

I recently installed telemachus and my log has been getting spammed with this: [EXC 17:05:19.133] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Telemachus.TelemachusBehaviour.Update () (at <6c3d5a27a991441e960fef628a9e932b>:0). on top of that, chrome says the telemachus link refused to connect.

anyone know how to fix this?

When I try to load the 127.0.0.1 port on my tablet, it's giving me a "refused to connect" error, even though it's working on the desktop that runs KSP. I've been scouring the internet for fixes, but I simply haven't been able to figure it out. Do you know what might be causing this and how to fix it? 

41 minutes ago, TheAceOfHearts said:

When I try to load the 127.0.0.1 port on my tablet, it's giving me a "refused to connect" error, even though it's working on the desktop that runs KSP. I've been scouring the internet for fixes, but I simply haven't been able to figure it out. Do you know what might be causing this and how to fix it? 

127.0.0.1 is an internal port *to the device you are running BOTH KSP and the browser on*. ie use, 127.0.0.1 in a browser thats running *ON* the same device as KSP.

You need to find the internal IP (the IP your router uses to connect to/identify the device you're running KSP on, then use *that* IP in the address bar of the browser on your *seperate* device.
You may still have to tweak/configure your firewall(s)/router properly to allow your ports to *talk*

For example, the pics in the OP, show IP as 192.168.1.64, as the IP of the machine running KSP, which you enter into the browser address, *on the device you are trying to run the Telemachus browser session on*

EDIT: also, the Telemachus User Guide is a little outdated. Its refers to port :8080 ... Telemachus is currently set to use port :8085, now, by default
Altho it can be user configured/changed, by editing the config.xml file in /PluginData/Telemachus/

Edited by Stone Blue

14 hours ago, Weimaraner said:

I recently installed telemachus and my log has been getting spammed with this: [EXC 17:05:19.133] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Telemachus.TelemachusBehaviour.Update () (at <6c3d5a27a991441e960fef628a9e932b>:0). on top of that, chrome says the telemachus link refused to connect.

anyone know how to fix this?

Do you know which version of Telemachus you have?
One thing you could try, if you haven't already, is to remove the Telemachus folder and re-install it.

To be sure, check https://github.com/TeleIO/Telemachus-1/releases for the current fork/version. It seems the OP has a few links to the original github page.

44 minutes ago, TheAceOfHearts said:

If you open the http://127.0.0.1:8085/telemachus/information.html page on the PC that runs KSP, does it open the Telemachus page?
If so, in the About tab, there are IP addresses. The third one listed (for me at least) is the IP address I use to connect from my tablet. On the tablet, I type that address followed by :8085 in the browser address bar and it works.
As Stone Blue mentions, your router or firewall may interfere, but for me they do not.

Edited by RowBear

5 hours ago, RowBear said:

Do you know which version of Telemachus you have?
One thing you could try, if you haven't already, is to remove the Telemachus folder and re-install it.

To be sure, check https://github.com/TeleIO/Telemachus-1/releases for the current fork/version. It seems the OP has a few links to the original github page.

If you open the http://127.0.0.1:8085/telemachus/information.html page on the PC that runs KSP, does it open the Telemachus page?
If so, in the About tab, there are IP addresses. The third one listed (for me at least) is the IP address I use to connect from my tablet. On the tablet, I type that address followed by :8085 in the browser address bar and it works.
As Stone Blue mentions, your router or firewall may interfere, but for me they do not.

I have telemachus 1.7.64 and i will try that shortly thanks.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, SpaceNemo said:

I have a question. Do you know how so share the link to friends? So that I can be mission control for my friend?

The host would have to set up their router to forward external TCP request for port 8085 to the host computer and give the guest their external (public) IP address.  A static IP address for the host computer and a Dynamic DNS service is recommended for this.

2 hours ago, Rayden said:

The host would have to set up their router to forward external TCP request for port 8085 to the host computer and give the guest their external (public) IP address.  A static IP address for the host computer and a Dynamic DNS service is recommended for this.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just now, Astronomer said:

Would be nice to have a version that instead of antenna parts uses the stock capsules instead.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[Telemachus]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = TelemachusDataLink
	}
    MODULE
	{
		name = TelemachusPowerDrain
		powerConsumptionBase = 0.01
		powerConsumptionIncrease = 0.05
	}
}

Untested, but it's so simple you should have no problems.

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2020 at 5:36 PM, Albert VDS said:

Contacted @DanGSun to see if I can maintain this mod, I've added some things to the API for personal use. Also a build for the latest KSP as it's not that stable for me(mainly debug spam).

Contacted @Albert VDS to give him rights for the Telemachus repository.

P.S. Haven't checked forum for a while, huh.

By the way, Telemachus code base wasn't written by me. But I'm definitely looking forward to make a completely new telemetry mod from scratch, with OpenMCT's WebUI. But I'll do that, if I have enough time, which is currently, sadly, not the case.

Edited by DanGSun

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, can anyone help me with a strange issue I encounter?

Nothing is wrong until I actually open the interface in my browser (that is http://127.0.0.1:8085/telemachus/index.html). If I do so, I get data - at least for a few seconds.

Then KSP stops responding and I have to kill the task. The logfile reveals a flood of messages like...

Spoiler

[LOG 16:22:55.434] [Telemachus Debug] SIZE OF kibbal 1 0
[LOG 16:22:55.434] [Telemachus Debug] SIZE OF kuarqs 1 0
[LOG 16:22:55.492] [Telemachus Debug] Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
[LOG 16:22:55.492] [Telemachus Debug] SIZE OF construction 1 0
[LOG 16:22:55.492] [Telemachus Debug] SIZE OF hydrates 1 0
[LOG 16:22:55.492] [Telemachus Debug] SIZE OF gypsum 1 0

(...)

[LOG 16:23:17.594] [Telemachus Debug] Start GET
[LOG 16:23:17.616] [Telemachus Debug] GETTING NODE
[LOG 16:23:17.616] [Telemachus Debug] FINDING THE RIGHT NODE. ID: 0

(...)

[LOG 16:23:19.636] [Telemachus Debug] FINDING THE RIGHT NODE. ID: 0
[LOG 16:23:19.636] [Telemachus Debug] GETTING NODE
[LOG 16:23:19.637] [Telemachus Debug] GETTING NODE
[LOG 16:23:19.637] [Telemachus Debug] FINDING THE RIGHT NODE. ID: 0

(...)

[LOG 16:23:19.642] [Telemachus Debug] FINDING THE RIGHT NODE. ID: 0
[LOG 16:23:20.062] [Telemachus] Falling back on default handler
[LOG 16:23:20.080] [Telemachus] Falling back on default handler
[LOG 16:23:20.094] [Telemachus] Falling back on default handler
[LOG 16:23:20.107] [Telemachus] Falling back on default handler
[LOG 16:23:20.121] [Telemachus] Falling back on default handler
[LOG 16:24:10.192] [Telemachus] Falling back on default handler
[LOG 16:24:10.207] [Telemachus] Falling back on default handler
[LOG 16:24:10.221] [Telemachus] Falling back on default handler

I just copied a few lines from tens of thousands of log entries. In fact Telechamus wrote about 50 000 lines into the log file starting and ending with a block of "Falling back on default handler".

Does anyone have a clue what it means? There is thousands of lines with "SIZE OF" expressions and thousands of repetitions of the GETTING and FINDING NODE combination.

Thank you, any help is aprecciated!

BR

CM2227

Edit: It crashed again, this time only adding "Falling back on default handler" 11 times to the end of the log file.

Edit2: I experimented further. The crash occurs when I open the houston gui. Also the last messages in the log are now "[LOG 15:55:57.946] [Telemachus Debug] Start GET".

Edited by cm2227
Update

• 4 weeks later...

hi there.

I have the problem that when I open the link on one of the antennas. I load the Telemachus Menu in a google tab and nothing happens. Its just a changing colour picture. I have enabled the data link but still nothing happens. Is there a way to fix this and actually see the telemetry?

• 1 year later...

I'm having some trouble getting this'd  to work in macOS. With the mod installed (and the above patch to enable it on all command modules), I can see the options enabled by the mod (the 'open link' button, uplink/downlink rates, etc.) in the right-click menu. However, opening the link (which opens Safari) displays nothing at 127.0.0.1:8085/telemachus/index.html. Also, the uplink rate remains stuck at 0. Are there any other steps I can take to get this mod to work on macOS?

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/22/2022 at 2:34 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

It should, try it out and report back.

Note, however, the author hasn’t been around in months

It works, but i found some bugs. for example, in graphs, i couldnt use "Liquid fuel and oxidizer" and "Gravity" and G-Force, these graphs didnt show anything also in kerbal maps, there is a broken ship icon. https://imgur.com/a/JaEXVK8

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.