Add "Quit to desktop" option to pause menu

Since apparently it's not possible to fix that memory leak that makes everything so stuttery and sticky that it requires us to restart the client every half-hour or so (for a mature campaign), could you at least add a "Quit to desktop" option so we don't have to wait up to a minute for it to quit to the main menu, then another minute to... quit quit?

Up to a minute? Lucky. It takes at least five minutes to get back to the main menu on my trash machine. Even longer for the game to actually quit and close down the normal way, for some reason. Sometimes (often) I just get frustrated and close the game through task manager.

• 1 month later...

QuickExit might be an option...

Maybe someday, Squad will integrate these into stock, as they have done with dozens of other mods over the years...

(For further descriptions/instructions, check the *original* thread)

QuickExit and QuickGoTo are my two most used ones...

QuickGoTo cuts your scene changes in half, by allowing to skip going to the Space Center, between every change...
I found it helped me play longer back in 1.0.x-1.2.2...(I havent *played* KSP since 1.2.2)
Not sure how much difference it makes in 1.6.0, since supposedly major performance improvements have been done. vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.