How do I write Module Manager patches?

RealKerbal3x

Moderators: Sorry if this is in the wrong place! Please move it to the right subforum or merge it with the Module Manager thread if necessary.

Anyway, I've been having this issue with the 2.5m monoprop tank since 1.4 arrived:

bSvGtsi.png

I figure it's possible to fix it using a Module Manager patch, but I have no idea how to write MM patches. I feel like this small issue is a good way to learn how to write them, so how exactly would I do it?

(By the way, in the image above, I believe the tank is using the new texture on the old model, if that helps.)

Thanks in advance :D

54 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Moderators: Sorry if this is in the wrong place! Please move it to the right subforum or merge it with the Module Manager thread if necessary.

Anyway, I've been having this issue with the 2.5m monoprop tank since 1.4 arrived:

bSvGtsi.png

I figure it's possible to fix it using a Module Manager patch, but I have no idea how to write MM patches. I feel like this small issue is a good way to learn how to write them, so how exactly would I do it?

(By the way, in the image above, I believe the tank is using the new texture on the old model, if that helps.)

Thanks in advance :D

Is that the RCSFuelTankR25 ? That holds 120 MonoPropellant.

EDIT- That tank isn't in game anymore not that model

Edited by Mecripp

55 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Click the "report post" button and leave a note there that you want it moved. They'll find it a lot more quickly

2 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Click the "report post" button and leave a note there that you want it moved. They'll find it a lot more quickly

Yep, that little note was just making it clear that it should be moved if it was in the wrong place. Though I reckon this is probably the right place.

9 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

EDIT- That tank isn't in game anymore not that model

I checked the folder containing the model, texture and .cfg and it's still there, labelled as 'Model001'. It was deprecated in 1.4, but for some reason it's still there and KSP is still applying it rather than the new mesh.

2 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

What KSP you running ? Looking at your screen shop some of them parts are not in 1.5 and think they was took out in 1.4.5 and do you still have a older ksp with the old textures and normal maps ?

I am running 1.5, but that screenshot was from back in 1.4. That RCS tank is still bugged out like that.

I could get a screenshot from the latest version of the game if it helps.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

I am running 1.5, but that screenshot was from back in 1.4. That RCS tank is still bugged out like that.

Did you just copy over a older KSP ? That tank isn't even in my game anymore and looking at the folder the closes texture your going to get is RCSFuelTankR1_02 texture but the normal map has changed so I don't think it will look right so if you still have a older ksp you can get the texture and normal map from then you could get it to look right

1 minute ago, Mecripp said:

Did you just copy over a older KSP ? That tank isn't even in my game anymore and looking at the folder the closes texture your going to get is RCSFuelTankR1_02 texture but the normal map has changed so I don't think it will look right so if you still have a older ksp you can get the texture and normal map from then you could get it to look right

I updated from 1.3.1 straight to 1.4.1 using GoG Galaxy. That may have broken something, I'm not sure. I didn't make a copy of 1.3.1 before I updated though.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

19 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I updated from 1.3.1 straight to 1.4.1 using GoG Galaxy. That may have broken something, I'm not sure. I didn't make a copy of 1.3.1 before I updated though.

Not sure on that one but it has been along time and with out founding a CFG that used it but you can try something like 

@PART[RCSTank1-2]
{

MODEL
{
   model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSFuelTankR1
   texture = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSFuelTankR1_02

}
}

And name the patch with ZZZ in the name

EDIT- You could use  (  +PART ) so it will just copy the part and you will have both to see

Edited by Mecripp

2 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

Not sure on that one but it has been along time and with out founding a CFG that used it but you can try something like 

@PART[RCSTank1-2]
{

MODEL
{
   model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSFuelTankR1
   texture = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSFuelTankR1_02

}
}

And name the part with ZZZ in the name

Thanks a lot! 

1. I assume that would just be a notepad text file?

2. Where exactly do I put it?

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with MM patches.

6 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Thanks a lot! 

1. I assume that would just be a notepad text file?

2. Where exactly do I put it?

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with MM patches.

Try this and I just forgot to zip let me know if it didn't work https://www.dropbox.com/s/8peg4zcfoehkzv5/ZZZ_RCSTank1-2.cfg?dl=0

EDIT- Just put it anywhere in KSP/Gamedata   folder just like any mod and guessing you do have ModuleManager *.*.* installed ?

MM's are just cfg's but yes notepad can read and make them

When using notepad be sure when you goto  save you change ( save type ) has all files then when you type in the name like *******.cfg    ( A Z or ZZZ will run last )

Edited by Mecripp

19 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

Try this and I just forgot to zip let me know if it didn't work https://www.dropbox.com/s/8peg4zcfoehkzv5/ZZZ_RCSTank1-2.cfg?dl=0

EDIT- Just put it anywhere in KSP/Gamedata   folder just like any mod and guessing you do have ModuleManager *.*.* installed ?

MM's are just cfg's but yes notepad can read and make them

When using notepad be sure when you goto  save you change ( save type ) has all files then when you type in the name like *******.cfg    ( A Z or ZZZ will run last )

I do indeed have MM.

I tried putting the patch in Gamedata but it had no effect. The part inside the brackets on the top line is supposed to be the part's name, yes? During loading MM said that it had found an error in the patch, so I changed the name in the brackets to RCSFuelTankR1, which is the internal name for the part (Did it change in the transition to 1.4?). However this didn't work either.

Thanks a lot for your help though :)

4 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I do indeed have MM.

I tried putting the patch in Gamedata but it had no effect. The part inside the brackets on the top line is supposed to be the part's name, yes? During loading MM said that it had found an error in the patch, so I changed the name in the brackets to RCSFuelTankR1, which is the internal name for the part (Did it change in the transition to 1.4?). However this didn't work either.

Thanks a lot for your help though :)

Yes the name in brackets should be the name of the part

Edit - might be because of the mesh = RCSFuelTankR1_01.mu   line

EDIT- might to  add the line   !mesh = DELETE

Edited by Mecripp

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.