As usually, any game that has non-uniform time-base (time warp) implementing multiplayer is problematic. How long are you going to wait while your friend performs a burn with Dawn ion engine? How long will your mission to Jool take while your friend drives a rover over Minmus?

There's the DarkMultiplayer mod that allows mucking around together around KSC, and it would be possible to make a co-op craft editor. But as soon as you try to go interplanetary, the concept breaks.

4 hours ago, Fluffy crocodile said:

Does anyone think console or pc could somehow should have co-op? Just wondering.

No. @Sharpy gives some good reasons why it won't work but I would add that between mods and their dependencies and KSP's habbit of breaking ships with mod parts missing said mods, you also have pure part counts with each part getting its own physics calculations which at some point will slide show your game. My potato for example bogs down at iirc 150 parts <might be off on the exact # but 150 will do for now>  and yours may be humming along until say 500. How do we work if your stuff could break my fp seconds to fp year? Sure it could disable physics calculations on my side for your stuff but the instant we dock? Now we are 1 vessel and I get broken by parts count. KSP was designed as a single player game. Was that because of Unity limitations or simple design choice by Harvester so many years ago? Honestly I don't know. Maybe in KSP 2 where it can be designed in at the start, just not here. I think DMP may be the thing you need but I can only suggest. I hope I made sense. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.