• Calculations and data (KER...) : 4
  • Challenge and realism (FAR, DR, RT, TACLS, KH...) : 8
  • Career and science (Contract packs, CTT...) : 11
  • Quality of life (KAC, DPAI...) : 10
  • Parts : 9
  • Visual and sound enhancement (EVE, Scatterer...) : 7
  • Miscellaneous (RPM...) : 2
  • Downloaded dependencies (MM, Toolbar...) : 7

I mainly play career mode to keep me motivated, with quite a bit of constraints (life support, connection, health management...), mostly with stock parts and a bit of visual enhancement.

It varies with time, as I download and delete some every once in a while.

Loading the game takes 4 min 30 sec to load, which is decent and waaaay better than back in the 0.2x days where I would wait around 20 min, only for the game to crash after an hour (with a less decent computer).

• 2 years later...

About 50 at the moment but I chop and change them depending on what I’m doing / mood. Load time is about 5 mins but it seems to hang on the “loading expansion complete” final screen for a good minute.

49 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

My main career is about 230 mods. Takes about 3 1/2 minutes to start. Gotta love SSDs, and a fast machine

What?! I have 102 mods on a SSD, and it takes 15 minutes?! Are you using a nVME? 

Edited by GuessingEveryDay
Type of storage device.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Among other things, yes.  But it's more the CPU,  the nVME doesn't save too much time compared to a regular ssd

Huh. That same thing happened with me too. With my Pentium and 50 mods, it took 30 minutes. With the i5, it's 15 with 100 mods or more. Less if I just leave it alone.

Around 105-110 mods. USI constellation (that's like ten mods right there) + NFT/FFT (that's almost another 30 mods just by itself) + Restock + "Stockalike" mods + OPM + QoL (KAC, KER, JC, Bon Voyage, TWP, RCS Build Aid, Craft Manager, Waypoint Manager) + Astronomers/Eve/Scatterer/Chatterer/Parallax + UKS + SCANsat + Contracts/FinalFrontier stuff + some other misc stuff I don't remember + all the dependencies that get pulled in.

Takes about 5-6 minutes to load. From HDD. I should probably move the install folder over to the SSD.

Also - nice thread necromancy :-)

• 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.