How do you add Mods on MacOS High Sierra?

MrJoolian

99.99% of mods install the exact same way on Windows, Linux, or Mac.  Typically you just copy the mod's folder into your GameData folder.  The mod's thread should have directions.  There are a few with special instructions, but not many.

2 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

99.99% of mods install the exact same way on Windows, Linux, or Mac.  Typically you just copy the mod's folder into your GameData folder.  The mod's thread should have directions.  There are a few with special instructions, but not many.

Im still lost! O:

51 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Double-click to unzip.  Drag into place.  Done.

I think the issue is more fundamental than that.  @MrJoolian I would first make sure you have a handle on how to browse your local drive with finder.  There are youtube videos or hop by a local genius bar.  I havent used a mac in awhile but I know they do their best to actually hide the local disk from users for "ease of use".

Once you feel comfortable with browsing your local drive. find where KSP is located, find the gamedata folder, and put the mods in there.

If you have the Steam version of the game, the GameData folder on macOS is: Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData

However, the Library folder is hidden by default, so first you need to unhide it with the directions here.  Then open a Finder window and it should start out showing your home folder.  Double-click Library, then double-click Application Support, and so on until you get to GameData.  Put mods in there.

Alternatively, you can right-click the game in your Steam games list, choose Properties, and go to the Local Files tab in the properties window.  There, you'll find a "Browse Local Files" button that directly opens the Kerbal Space Program folder, so you just have to double-click GameData.

Edited by Wyzard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.