Mod that just enable Baikerbanur?

Jestersage

• 3 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 6:10 AM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Not that I'm aware of.

Out of curiosity though, why?

*I do not want to use KerbinSide, which I consider is "too much mods" (It actually consist of 3 mods, with 1 dependency).

*It provides alternate launch inclinations for testing purpose. (I actually use Woomerang for some test)

Install Kerbal Konstructs, and not Kerbin Side. KK is the one allowing to select launch sites.

If you ara on KSP 1.4, you can use the "FS3WL Water Launch System". It's working for sure (I fixed it and made the push request to maintainer's). The .pos files need to be updated, however. I don't know about 1.5, but on 1.6 the thing is not working perfectly again (some small glitch, but I didn't found the time to figure out it yet)

12 minutes ago, Nightside said:

I don’t understand what you mean.

Ah, basically see if I can use KerbinSide without Kerbal Constructor, which is one of the dependency  (once figure out which is the minimal configuration file). If not, mod the mod .

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Install Kerbal Konstructs, and not Kerbin Side. KK is the one allowing to select launch sites.

If you ara on KSP 1.4, you can use the "FS3WL Water Launch System". It's working for sure (I fixed it and made the push request to maintainer's). The .pos files need to be updated, however. I don't know about 1.5, but on 1.6 the thing is not working perfectly again (some small glitch, but I didn't found the time to figure out it yet)

Okay, can you explain the relationship between these 2 mods, so I can narrow it down in my quest to find/make a Baikanaur only launch site?

Edited by Jestersage

1 hour ago, Jestersage said:

Okay, can you explain the relationship between these 2 mods, so I can narrow it down in my quest to find/make a Baikanaur only launch site?

Dude, I was in a hurry and hit Save too soon. The FS3WL is from FireSpitter. It's a part that once you launch the craft, teleport it to any place in the current body. It's very handy when you don't want KK neither MakingHistory.

I used to use VeselMover to put the craft where I want for the first time. Then took note from the position, and then create a ".pos" file with it on the FIrespitter folder. Then I just strap the FS3WL part, select the .por file I want and then voilá.

Edited by Lisias
I'm seriously considering a conspiracy from automatic correctors to make me look bad. =P Or I need a geriatrician :D.

Ah, basically see if I can use KerbinSide without Kerbal Constructor, which is one of the dependency  (once figure out which is the minimal configuration file). If not, mod the mod .

Do you mean KerbalKonstructs (KK)? Try installing KerbalKonstructs without Kerbinside. All the memory usage comes from Kerbinside. 

KK by itself is very small.

Or you can get the DLC for alternative launch sites.

Yeah. Now that I am good with KerbinKonstruct, I feel I may want to get KerbinSide...

It's always this way. First, you experiment with small things. Then you feel the need to experiment stronger sensations - and then you are addicted. :D 

Welcome aboard. You are not alone. :) 

Are you working on a mod to add in additional launch sites or have a good idea how to make them switch?

I had thought there was one for earlier versions 1.2xx but not 1.45. I found a cfg file with all the launch site specs but have zero idea how to make that work. It would have been nice to use some of the better placed sites around the world to launch from. Guyana would have been fantastic for all of those equatorial contracts.

Whats really been fun is KSC is in Flordia and Woomera is is in Japan but the misnamed "desert" airfield is now 700m underwater so I have been searching for a few days trying to figure this one out lol

If you have some hints or help would appreciate it!

Wragie

3 hours ago, Wragie said:

Are you working on a mod to add in additional launch sites or have a good idea how to make them switch?

I had thought there was one for earlier versions 1.2xx but not 1.45. I found a cfg file with all the launch site specs but have zero idea how to make that work. It would have been nice to use some of the better placed sites around the world to launch from. Guyana would have been fantastic for all of those equatorial contracts.

Whats really been fun is KSC is in Flordia and Woomera is is in Japan but the misnamed "desert" airfield is now 700m underwater so I have been searching for a few days trying to figure this one out lol

If you have some hints or help would appreciate it!

Wragie

Someone answered you in another thread -

For RSS you can use KSC Switcher to move the KSC to the location of any major launch site on Earth.

If you want to create your own, just modify one of the configs with the Lat/Lon of your choosing.

19 hours ago, Wragie said:

Thanks I should have got a email notice from the other thread oh well.

Ok I do have switcher and its non functional. I wonder if thats the root of things.

Thanks again!

Try reinstalling- if that doesn’t work, bring it up in the RSS thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.