KSP Loading... Our New Dev Diary!

SQUAD

56 minutes ago, Dr. Boo said:

They look good, but are these new textures requiring more memory? My memory usage and frame rate are bad enough as it is. Anything being done to actually make game more efficient in this regard?

From my (admittedly, fairly limited) understanding not much is being actively done about the games underlying memory issues (although I hope I'm wrong and something is being done).

Worst case scenario, you should be able to go through the files and delete any deprecated parts or any variant textures you don't want.

Edited by V7 Aerospace

17 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

It's not special though, is it? Unexplained inconsistencies are kind of a hallmark of KSP, especially when it comes to mass/capacity and visible volume. :/

Mk2 tanks hold the same amount of fuel as 1.25m tanks, Mk3 tanks barely hold more fuel than the half-volume 2.5m tanks, FL-T400 holds twice as much fuel as FL-T200 being only 1.5 times as long, Mk3 LFO short/Mk3 to 3.75m adapter/S3-3600 tank where to even start, fuel cell arrays visually depicted and textually described as six small cells but delivering 12x the power, a gigantic Atmospheric Fluid Spectro-Variometer weighing the same as tiny flimsy thermometers or aerial antennas.

The Oscar-B would be special only if its capacity or mass had any kind of explainable connection with its volume.

The fact that there are inconsistencies today is not justification for carrying the mistakes forward into new parts.

Glad to see more parts being migrated over to the new stock look! But for the love of Kraken fix your BAM! game. There are more floating-point errors, memory leaks, and physics instabilities than potatoroids around Dres. I don't think many players would be upset waiting for a new update if the Devs could fully dedicated their time cleaning the game engine while the art team worked on updating textures and smoothing meshes

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.